Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Aww cute

Ah the best partA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Aw lads, losing man points for this, but what a great ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What did it say about the country couple? I was looking at my phone :mad:

ligerdub wrote: »
    Aw lads, losing man points for this, but what a great ending.

For Sam?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Thargor wrote: »

That their farms were too far apart for a combined harvest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Geographically too far apart. Which is bollox because the Bus Eireann number 73 goes through Laois and Waterford at least twice a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭carolinej

They kept in touch but their farms were too far apart for a combined harvest! Awww. I went to school with Lisa!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

RayM wrote: »
    Geographically too far apart. Which is bollox because the Bus Eireann number 73 goes through Laois and Waterford at least twice a day.

And you'd make it in a Massy in a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

For now, anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,508 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I doubt the 73 works around a farmers schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

amdublin wrote: »
    For Sam?!

Both of them really, they seemed like good eggs, and both very well suited to each other. The picture of them walking off with the bike was great, zero sense of pretenciousness with him, she seemed to really like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

the girl in the red dress is adorable. Saw the cork girl initially and you can tell what they will be like before they open their mouth, ten a penny, nothing unique. the tan was ridiculous...

ligerdub wrote: »
    Both of them really, they seemed like good eggs, and both very well suited to each other. The picture of them walking off with the bike was great, zero sense of pretenciousness with him, she seemed to really like that.

Dundalk girl, she is very cute. Very nice together. on the other hand - the fat English bodybuilder and the tanbed Corkonian were the epitome of vacuousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I enjoy the show but they need to vary the ages of couples. Nobody on it over 40.

Some of the best moments on the UK version was with the older couples and those who had been married before.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I liked the black girl, thought she was a bit D4 at first but fair play to her it's not easy having a kid so young and still manage to train to be an accountant.

The fella she was matched with was a bit of a git though, "no spark there" he says when most lads would walk over hot coals for a date with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I liked the black girl, thought she was a bit D4 at first but fair play to her it's not easy having a kid so young and still manage to train to be an accountant.

The fella she was matched with was a bit of a git though, "no spark there" he says when most lads would walk over hot coals for a date with her.

It was the kid that did it for him. Fair enough, he was 22 or 24 and it's a big step at that age. You aren't usually sure what you want in life then. I think if he got to know her he might think differently, but he didn't want that.

I also think long term he's looking for a woman from his own social class and the choice is limited there.

He came across as a bit of a twat though, very up himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Red Kev wrote: »
    It was the kid that did it for him. Fair enough, he was 22 or 24 and it's a big step at that age. You aren't usually sure what you want in life then. I think if he got to know her he might think differently, but he didn't want that.

I also think long term he's looking for a woman from his own social class and the choice is limited there.

He came across as a bit of a twat though, very up himself.

He also gave out the impression he had the ladies falling at his feet where ever he went, who thinks he's great because he went to a posh school.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The cold sore guy didn't even give the accountant a hug goodbye at the Taxi the knob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Red Kev wrote: »

He's actually 28 and was saying he was looking to settle down.

They shouldn't really pair up people who live on opposite sides of the country like the farmer couple. Made for great tv though.

• Advertisement

Wonder what the science is behind it. Some of the matches end up great. Actually most start well matched too but you can't account for humans - attraction etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

amdublin wrote: »
    Wonder what the science is behind it. Some of the matches end up great. Actually most start well matched too but you can't account for humans - attraction etc

Sometimes they try to get similar people and hope they click...last night the "farmer couple" and the last couple with the woman from Louth and the lad on the bike are a very good example.

But they also put in different people and hope for a clash for good TV. Ginger guy and the black woman last night would be that. I reckon the producers knew all along that he wouldn't be into a woman with a kid. But makes for good TV for us as well.

If they all clicked it would be boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

He's actually 28 and was saying he was looking to settle down.

They shouldn't really pair up people who live on opposite sides of the country like the farmer couple. Made for great tv though.

They were from Waterford and Laois. Not that far apart at all really.

in fairness to the ginger guy, who did have knobbish/a-hole tendencies yes, maybe he doesn't want to go out with someone with a child. that's his choice.
    also she sort of liked him - even tho he's a bit of an a-hole - that was more surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

ivytwine wrote: »
    I really didn't like how the ginger guy asked her what school she went to within 5 minutes of meeting her. He struck me as a bit of a snob and she's stunning, she could do better!
    Exactly, he's 28 and he's still talking about what school he went to?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

The quirky girl with the red dress was so pretty! My favourite couple since the inception of First Dates Ireland :)

I also loved how he asked her 'Can I get this? Would that be ok?' - if a guy asked could he pay for the bill in that manner my legs would fall to jelly *swoons

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    The quirky girl with the red dress was so pretty! My favourite couple since the inception of First Dates Ireland :)

I also loved how he asked her 'Can I get this? Would that be ok?' - if a guy asked could he pay for the bill in that manner my legs would fall to jelly *swoons

Awh if they don't get married and live happily ever after there is no hope for any of us! Really sweet couple. So well matched!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

black girl was gorgeous and i really liked everything about her. Yerman seems arrogant and ran away cos of the kid.

The essex guy was socially retarded. couldnt put a sentence toether. His cork girl looked stunning, serious bdy, but minus personality.

The alan partridge guy was hilarious and i think his quirky girl was possibly the most attractive of the entire series. gorgeous and her red dress looked amazing.

Im glad the 2 gay guys git together, but it looked like a sugar daddy kinda vibe with the 2 of them

the culchies got a confidence boost each id say. badly needed for him

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

just watched last nights ep cause i know yer man Sam. He's a really nice guy. Bumbling fool kinda vibe but he's such a genuine good guy. So friendly and easy to chat to. I loved how the waitress knew him and "vouched" for him. :D I'm glad the date went well for him. Must find out the update and see if they're still dating.

That red head guy was so disappointing.....! I guess it's the way they edit it. "Yeah, she's lovely, really attractive, beautiful eyes, very easy to chat to" and then, no, not interested.....! Although i reckon as others have highlighted, she had a lucky miss there.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭Heckler

Woman in the red dress was gorgeous. Lucky fella. Hope it works for them.

Advertisement