Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Actually quite liked the hippy Trinity college pair - they were quite sweet and different- glad they met up again ��

I liked them. He was totally smitten. Adorable

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

So, lads, what do ye all think of free will? And mortality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Thought the cork guy seemed sound at the beginning then he started asking the girl to go to turkey, in a not very jokey way, so cringey, lost all respect for him. That blonde girl is so pretty though, she reminds me of the singer Tove Lo. She seemed a lot older than 20

The auld fella not being able to say goodbye to his wife when she passed, Im in floods :( He seems like such a gent. Himself and Maureen are just too bloody cute together, actually made my night seeing them

wakka12 wrote: »
    Thought the cork guy seemed sound at the beginning then he started asking the girl to go to turkey, in a not very jokey way, so cringey, lost all respect for him

The auld fella not being able to say goodbye to his wife when she passed, Im in floods :( He seems like such a gent.

It might have been cringe but it was coming from a slight lack of confidence I’d say and trying to say something funny and fill in the gaps . I wouldn’t “lose all respect “for this poor fella over that - overall you would know he was decent and a good type .

I actually felt sorry for him as she’s wasn’t the easiest in terms of conversation.

Just watching the repeat now. Enjoyed this weeks episode. All very humble and fun people barring except that Blanch couple who while werent that bad i thought the bogger comments were a bit cringey and ignorant

Pat and Maureen were great. Its amazing how much common ground they had. Genuine salt of the earth Dubs. None of your fancy airs and graces.

Thing i just noticed is that there is dates from other episodes going on in the background.

• Advertisement

What is it about people in modern society who rule out a second date because they 'didnt feel the spark right away'? Are we that much of an instant gratification society? It sounds so arrogant and ridiculous. 2nd date fair enough but anyone expecting fireworks on a first date needs to really review their expectations and have a word with themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

What is it about people in modern society who rule out a second date because they 'didnt feel the spark right away'? Are we that much of an instant gratification society? It sounds so arrogant and ridiculous. 2nd date fair enough but anyone expecting fireworks on a first date needs to really review their expectations and have a word with themselves.

Its an easy way of saying I didnt fancy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yer wan the hippy one could wave her pits in my direction any day. As long as she kept speaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

To be honest, it's just an easy way of letting someone down. IF you don't fancy them and feel like they would probably wreck your head if you saw them again then what's the point.

What I really hate, and there's been a few instances of this already is the following:

''Would you like to see each other again?''

Person 1: ''I would love to see him/her again''

*Long pause and the other persons face lights up*

Person 1: ''.... as a friend''

Patronizing rubbish, obviously if you don't go on another date you'll never meet up as friends.

They won't say it but usually its the physical attraction that is the 'spark 'they're talking about :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,674 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yer wan the hippy one could wave her pits in my direction any day. As long as she kept speaking.
    Each to their own.

Its an easy way of saying I didnt fancy them.

Fair point. I suppose it is a blind date after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Good night folks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,555 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pat seems like a knob, either ask for a drink you like or feck off if you're given one you don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Pat seems like a knob, either ask for a drink you like or feck off if you're given one you don't like.

Does he look very like the first fella they matched her with previously?

Dont understand how you wouldn't be able to remember the face of somebody you went on a date with unless it was over like ten years ago and they look completely different or something which doesnt seem like the case with those two from the first season, he didn't seem to remember her when she said they'd been on a date before

OMG the american bartender really irritates me he's just so cringe

The two gay guys seem nice I wouldn't be surprised if they say yes to each other

Apart from the will I/won't I drink, I think Pat comes across as sound.
    Hope he doesn't name drop because of his former RTÉ connections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

wakka12 wrote: »

OMG the american bartender really irritates me he's just so cringe

I think he's Canadian??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭pgj2015

taking a picture of food is pathetic, doing it on a date, even more pathetic.

Those cousins are like twins!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

At least he’s wearing socks!

Mrs Monkey : do you think he’s Gay?
    Me: 100%
    Mrs Monkey : why, he could be metrosexual.
    Me: No he’s gay he’s not wearing socks.
    Mrs Monkey : your worse than my dad with the gays.
    Me : so he knows about the no socks thing as well.

She’s a first timer to the show : )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jaysus It wasn't that funny like o_O

But...we'd be better as friends..but...:(
    I didn't see that coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Wow she is annoying

What's the Essex girl work as?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Riordans in cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

anna080 wrote: »
    Wow she is annoying

Who?

Who?

Irish blonde on the double date.
    The Essex girl is lovely, and beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Why does she talk like she’s American?

• Advertisement

Any matches tonight at all??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Met Alice last weekend in Lahinch. She's lovely.

amdublin wrote: »
    Any matches tonight at all??

The doctor and the girl from Essex. Definitely.

She has the worst D4 accent ever

Slippers being thrown at the tv right now

Does she ever stop talking?

• Advertisement

That man with the much younger ex wife is a dose. I feel sorry for his date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Does she ever stop talking ?

Does she ever stop talking ****E ?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Badger2009

Cha Ching!

She really likes that he's a doc-tahh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

That man with the much younger ex wife is a dose. I feel sorry for his date.

He was on the Irish Come Dine with Me, with the mad Mary one from Cavan. and a younger bloke that fancied himself in the same episode of CDWM, also turned up on this.

same faces doing the rounds on all these shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Poem !!! Where's the puke button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

My cringe is pure :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

jos28 wrote: »
    Poem !!! Where's the puke button

She’s smitten now. Cheaper than a bottle of vodka, kid is lit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

More interested in Alice/Libby than the lady in red..........

Body language-she's so leaning far far away from him.

She deserved better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

More interested in Alice/Libby than the lady in red..........

Definitely. He spent more time trying it on with her than talking to his date. He was a complete p***k. Glad she said she didn't want to see him again.

I was trying to think of who the poem writing self proclaimed chivalrous gent and his doctor cousin reminded me of and it just hit me.....

anyone ever see the movie kiss the girls????:D Hi this is my cousin, we're collectors of women!!

at least it would be a fitting end to miss squeeks too much...thrown off a waterfall!!

Cant believe the blonde D4 wan is 22 my 15 year old little sister is more mature

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

So, what happened in the end? Threw my tv out the window when he pulled out the poem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement