Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The 56 year old man was an asshole. Want to know why you never fell in love. Simple you are to shallow. There is more to people than just the looks. Infact being smart and intelligent is very sexy.
    A pity that the Essex Cork one and the young doctor never got back together. I thought they were a good couple. Seemed to get on well. As for the young blond one well she talked too much and just seemed very immature. Even laughing before a question was fully asked in one of her interviews about the date.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I didn't think the Essex girl was too impressed with her date until she heard that he is a doctor.

AMKC wrote: »
    The 56 year old man was an asshole. Want to know why you never fell in love. Simple you are to shallow. There is more to people than just the looks. Infact being smart and intelligent is very sexy.
    A pity that the Essex Cork one and the young doctor never got back together. I thought they were a good couple. Seemed to get on well. As for the young blond one well she talked too much and just seemed very immature. Even laughing before a question was fully asked in one of her interviews about the date.

You mean the 56 year old at the beginning of the show (Pat) or the sleazy older fella/actor from Cavan at the end ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Colser wrote: »
    I didn't think the Essex girl was too impressed with her date until she heard that he is a doctor.

An Essex girl dating a surgeon. All her Christmas’ came at once. ( . )( . )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

anna080 wrote: »

Was there any mention of what she works at or did I miss it?

Yeah but she actually seemed v nice and was v attractive - I liked that she’s didn’t overdress for the date - not your typical “Essex girl “ .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

They barely showed the doc and Essex talking!

Harry Potter was a bit unnerving. Touch America Psycho.

But sure the date he got was perfect, they’ll go on to make some mad offspring altogether!!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

AMKC wrote: »
    As for the young blond one well she talked too much and just seemed very immature. Even laughing before a question was fully asked in one of her interviews about the date.

To be fair she is 22, was probably giddy/ nervous and was talking alot more to compensate. I laughed at the start when she described herself as a spud!

I don't think I'd ever go on first dates for fear of the boards comments!

Are RTE just dragging out the backroom staff now?..jaysus..

• Advertisement

Are RTE just dragging out the backroom staff now?..jaysus..

Meaning ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,674 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Was there any mention of what she works at or did I miss it?
    Sounded like she worked for Apple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Last night's episode was a bit meh.
    The two gay fellas were lovely, was quite interested that they were a primary school teacher and childcare assistant, really does make you think how much more we need to step away from stereotypes, both seemed to love their jobs.
    The doctor and the Essex girl would have made a lovely couple, she's so pretty looking in a not plastered in makeup way.
    The doctor's cousin's date however, head wrecker, she never shut up but I'd say it was nerves and I know it's mean to comment on someone's appearance (especially when I'm no oil painting myself) but her eyebrows drove me mad!
    The cavan writer was a bit creepy, seemed he was more interested in the waitress and his online dating story didn't impress his date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Last night's episode was a bit meh.
    The two gay fellas were lovely, was quite interested that they were a primary school teacher and childcare assistant, really does make you think how much more we need to step away from stereotypes, both seemed to love their jobs.
    The doctor and the Essex girl would have made a lovely couple, she's so pretty looking in a not plastered in makeup way.
    The doctor's cousin's date however, head wrecker, she never shut up but I'd say it was nerves and I know it's mean to comment on someone's appearance (especially when I'm no oil painting myself) but her eyebrows drove me mad!
    The cavan writer was a bit creepy, seemed he was more interested in the waitress and his online dating story didn't impress his date.

I honestly think she said no just because of his story and liking younger women

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

wakka12 wrote: »
    I honestly think she said no just because of his story and liking younger women

As he spoke and talked about putting on a tight t shirt and tight jeans you could actually see a light bulb go on in her mind !

Meaning ???

I dunno, I thought yer man that wrote for hot press had an rte look about him..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

He was an RTE presenter in the 90s, Head to Toe.

I knew it..

Ah yeah sorry about that:), let’s hope it stops with him or Ryan Tubridy could be next :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Ah yeah sorry about that:), let’s hope it stops with him or Ryan Tubridy could be next :eek:
    Or someone from the 90's... Gay Byrne :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Apart from the will I/won't I drink, I think Pat comes across as sound. Hope he doesn't name drop because of his former RTÉ connections.

The man seemed to want someone to go to a music Festival with more than a date.

• Advertisement

I thought yer man Pat was very hard work, and an oul shyte white T shirt on a first wouldn't especially send the ladies knees a knockin!! I;m not saying rock up in a suit but c'mon, he worked on head to toe and sits there in a white T shirt.

I don't think he was especially unattractive either, the grey stubble and all looked the part, he just seemed soaked in Apathy to me.

Did anyone think the lad with posh wannbe gobby gobberson looked like this fella?

horne.PNG

rusty cole wrote: »
    I thought yer man Pat was very hard work, and an oul shyte white T shirt on a first wouldn't especially send the ladies knees a knockin!! I;m not saying rock up in a suit but c'mon, he worked on head to toe and sits there in a white T shirt.

I don't think he was especially unattractive either, the grey stubble and all looked the part, he just seemed soaked in Apathy to me.

Did anyone think the lad with posh wannbe gobby gobberson looked like this fella?

horne.PNG

Yeah I thought the same about Pat . Nice enough but hard work , maybe a bit cynical ? I know we can all be like that at times but a date should be as light hearted and fun as possible. I don’t think he really wanted a date or a relationship either .

And I would have been a bit put off by all that faffing about over what to drink at the beginning .....he’d be a bit too dry for my liking .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

If he's the chap that was interviewed on radio yesterday morning, struck me that he had his head stuck up his arse, if you know what I mean :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Does she ever stop talking?

I thought she was very genuine. Obviously it was edited to show her talking non stop, but some people are just chatty. I liked her.

jos28 wrote: »
    Poem !!! Where's the puke button

That, gentlemen is how you pull some women, far better then bragging or necking a load of shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

So tonight we had:

A former boy band member
    A former RTE producer
    A former dater on First Dates
    A former Come Dine with Me contestant and part time actor.

Jayzus, but there's some agency in Dublin who have been very busy with First Dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Greybottle wrote: »
    I thought she was very genuine. Obviously it was edited to show her talking non stop, but some people are just chatty. I liked her.

For me, I just felt like the girl wasn't being herself at all. She had the fakest accent ever, it didn't make sense at all.

Greybottle wrote: »

Yeah, I thought she was going to be annoying, but she seemed nice..

For me, I just felt like the girl wasn't being herself at all. She had the fakest accent ever, it didn't make sense at all.

Well in the part of Dublin I live in unfortunately a lot of girls talk like her and either they are all faking it or it is just a weird genuine accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

wakka12 wrote: »
    Well in the part of Dublin I live in unfortunately a lot of girls talk like her and either they are all faking it or it is just a weird genuine accent

Loike, genuiiinnleey?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Loike, genuiiinnleey?

YaYaYaYaYaYa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Ah to be fair, I'm sure she was. He was handsome, tall, gave up his seat for her... he told her from the start what his job was. Of course she was a bit "a doctor?!" as you probably wouldn't expect to be paired with a handsome doctor

https://i.redd.it/463j8lavjlm01.jpg

Came across this there...reminded me of yer man a couple of weeks ago..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Just imagine how that poem would have gone down with her if the guy wasn't good looking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭wetlandsboy

Ah to be fair, I'm sure she was. He was handsome, tall, gave up his seat for her... he told her from the start what his job was. Of course she was a bit "a doctor?!" as you probably wouldn't expect to be paired with a handsome doctor
    Wow, this is really depressing.

Just imagine how that poem would have gone down with her if the guy wasn't good looking...

If he wasn't good looking and did that poem he'd become some international meme about being the creepiest weirdest nightmare date .etc..

At the same time don't think it'd go down too well if she was reciting those weird harry potter lines if she was ugly too haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

The blond waitress on the show is absolutely gorgeous

I'm sure she's a lovely girl, but definitely not suited to playing a waitress on semi reality TV.

Every conversation is so forced and ungenuine, very difficult to watch.

Herself, the poet from the east and the philosopher from Canada, seem to try and outdo themselves every week.

I can only assume they are given lines, the alternative surely is worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

That my first episode ever watched of First Dates Ireland but I thought she was way nicer than the Essex girl, seemed really genuine/warm and easygoing and a good looking girl too.

Did talk pretty fast alright but I think you have to allow for the fact it's a televised first date....I was actually laughing at one point as she was leaping from one point to another without giving the poor guy a chance to get a word in.

The two guys seemed like nice dudes as well. I was actually a bit disappointed when the younger guy pulled the plug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

"I plan on being famous for being all over the place but not actually doing anything"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

The girl with the Galway chap is gorgeous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Grateful Dread

His personality is his 'niche, his selling point'. I don't think there'll be many buyers. Bellend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That fella with the brows is chronic

His personality is his 'niche, his selling point'. I don't think there'll be many buyers. Bellend.

What a dope , no self awareness

Fúcktard alert.

He attracts airheads because he is one.

Fair play to him for having the confidence to post topless pictures on Instagram but there are tens of thousands of people doing that and most of them are in better shape.

I hope he has a Plan B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I want a girl to have intelligent conversation with- about such topics as myself, my eyebrows, my insta followers and how great I am in general!
    The poor lad is living in some delusional world- maybe the sunbed bulbs have fried his brain

Poor lad from Galway seems sound but phenomenally nervous - his date seems like a good match for him in fairness

• Advertisement

Are these lads for real ? Another dope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Good man, Pranay. TV Gold possibly coming up....

Your man from Galway has the head of Tommy Walsh.

Yer one from Sligo is a cracker and seems pretty down to earth.

Your man from Galway has the head of Tommy Walsh.

Yer one from Sligo is a cracker and seems pretty down to earth.

I hadnt noticed he was initially and now I cant see anything else!
    Yeah his date is a cracker in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Christ that was awkward.

• Advertisement
Advertisement