Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

I'd say half of Ireland will brush their teeth more rigorously than they have in a long time. I know I will. Poor man I felt for him.

I thought the chicken woman was lovely something really sexy about her but I guessed she'd say no in the end, maybe it was the kids yer man had and she just couldn't be arsed, he was nice too in fairness.

That physio lad was his own biggest fan too but no more than she deserved, very dull, not a good person (said like trump). you can always spot the ones who "wanna be on telly mom"

christ yer mans delph was shocking, just terrible really but mind you it's no turn on waving off yer hot flushes either love.

"The horse wanker'er" was that wan we've all met on holidays, loud, obnoxious, calling her partner thick and bossing him about, emasculating the fook out of em, id run a mile from her now in fairness, based on overuse of colourful language alone!!

Fair play to Northern Ireland woman with her lippy saying he needed to get his teeth sorted . If it’s the reason he can’t get a woman then he just has to bite the bullet! (oh sorry !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Thargor wrote: »
    There is no Eddie Rockets on the Kways...

There is on north wall quay...https://www.rockets.ie

Owned by eddie rockets

Fair play to Northern Ireland woman with her lippy saying he needed to get his teeth sorted . If it’s the reason he can’t get a woman then he just has to bite the bullet! (oh sorry !)

also, how the **** has nobody called bull**** on his age??? 47 my sweet tasting bollox!!! c'mon mate teeth aside, you need to familiarise yourself with the julian calendar!!! 57 at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

rusty cole wrote: »
    id run a mile from her now in fairness, based on overuse of colourful language alone!!

Your own language is delightful

Your own language is delightful

:D:D

I had 4 teeth taken out over two days and my gums stitched up, to make room for 3 years of braces which followed, Ok I'm stunning now sure, but It was no picnic pain wise....actually the most painful part was paying TBH!

Delightful you say, I'm like the sun me, you can only look for a moment just to get a sense of me, too long and you'll go blind...ICARUS.Itis I call it... Tis in the grays anatomy so it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I thought she was really lovely and would be a lovely partner for someone,she made that date work imo as I'd say he could have been very shy and awkward with someone else.They seemed like 2 genuinely nice people and at least it gave him the push to get his teeth done,I hope they both meet someone soon.

Colser wrote: »
    I thought she was really lovely and would be a lovely partner for someone,she made that date work imo as I'd say he could have been very shy and awkward with someone else.They seemed like 2 genuinely nice people and at least it gave him the push to get his teeth done,I hope they both meet someone soon.

yeah there was something a little sad there and we never quite got to see it, id say there's a lot more to her than meets the eye, over shadowed she was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The lady with her own land and horses and hens is awesome! :)

She reminded me of a big version of mother Russia from Kickass 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

rusty cole wrote: »
    I thought the chicken woman was lovely something really sexy about her but I guessed she'd say no in the end, maybe it was the kids yer man had and she just couldn't be arsed, he was nice too in fairness.

That physio lad was his own biggest fan too but no more than she deserved, very dull, not a good person (said like trump). you can always spot the ones who "wanna be on telly mom"

christ yer mans delph was shocking, just terrible really but mind you it's no turn on waving off yer hot flushes either love.

"The horse wanker'er" was that wan we've all met on holidays, loud, obnoxious, calling her partner thick and bossing him about, emasculating the fook out of em, id run a mile from her now in fairness, based on overuse of colourful language alone!!

Your one who said she would give him one well she is welcome to give me one anytime she wants. So miss if you are reading this I am game. Lets meet and do it. Also I thought she looked lovely. I do not think she was boring but if she is do not have a problem with that I just think there was no spark between her and her date. He did not get her.

"The horse wanker'er" was that wan we've all met on holidays, loud, obnoxious, calling her partner thick and bossing him about, emasculating the fook out of em, id run a mile from her now in fairness, based on overuse of colourful language alone.

I liked her.

The 20 year old was lovely too.

Your one with the hens and farm was cool too. I would not mind meeting her either. I think her date did not get her and that's why there was no spark there.

So if anyone knows either of their FB pages DM me and lets see what happens.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

And Daniel Ricciardo if you are reading this, I am game, let's meet and do it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Missed this episode..I really want to see how bad these teeth are!

Ms

And Daniel Ricciardo if you are reading this, I am game, let's meet and do it :P

Great driver. Imagine he somehow won the WDC this year. Just need Lewis and Merc to make more mistakes and Red vBull to keep doing better. Anyways I might not look as good as D R above but am not bad. Wana meet up and do it?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Uh I didn't really feel a spark :P

Ms

Uh I didn't really feel a spark :P

Awe that just because you have not seen me and heard my sense of humour :P

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Good to see all the creepers aren't posting about where the girl with the YouTube channel has accounts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

wakka12 wrote: »
    Missed this episode..I really want to see how bad these teeth are!
    Just google "row of bombed houses"...sorry that is mean he seemed like a decent chap, but it was clearly wrecking his confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

I really liked the lady with the short hair and the hens, she's my type of person.
    The guy she was on the date with was lovely too, I'd date him no problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Did the short haired lady's date pay the full bill.

I don't agree with that. I think she should have insisted on splitting.

She was quite direct!

I've decided (normally I say they should just say "I didn't feel a spark") if you don't want to see the other person again when asked you should say: as friends, Yes I'd see him/her again as friends

Makes for bad tv! But doesn't hurt anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

amdublin wrote: »

I find it thoroughly depressing how few women pay their way on this show.

The horse one was as rough as a badger's arse. She could really do with learning how to modulate her behaviour a bit. I curse like a sailor around friends and family but on a first date, at the top of my lungs in a busy restaurant, on national TV? Just, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

amdublin wrote: »

She was quite direct!

I've decided (normally I say they should just say "I didn't feel a spark") if you don't want to see the other person again when asked you should say: as friends, Yes I'd see him/her again as friends

Makes for bad tv! But doesn't hurt anyone.

Oh yes I forgot to mention abuot when she said No!
    She was a cool lady and someone I think I'd like a lot but I did not like the way she turned him down. Far too direct and blunt - it was a real shame and he seemed a really nice man!

If I knew I was going to turn someone down for a second date, there is no way I'd let them pay for my dinner. It would be split, as it always should on a 1st date anyway!

BetsyEllen wrote: »
    She was a cool lady and someone I think I'd like a lot but I did not like the way she turned him down. Far too direct and blunt - it was a real shame and he seemed a really nice man!

If I knew I was going to turn someone down for a second date, there is no way I'd let them pay for my dinner. It would be split, as it always should on a 1st date anyway!

well she did say she was direct and didn't suffer fools gladly, she's just willing to let them pay the bill however, yes I forgot to mention, that would irk me on reflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

I was really baffled by the number of women allowing the male pay for the date when they didn't intend meeting their date again.

Fair play to let your date pay if you agree to meets for drinks and hope you will get a chance to treat the other half.

If I was on blind Date I would agree with continuing on for drinks after the date unless he had filthy rotten teeth like the taxi driver had. That is my number 1 turnoff. ..It would be the first thing I would notice and wouldn't want to be looking too closely at them.

Glad to hear he will be sorting it out. . Really to go on a blind date like that took some courage .

I too have a phobia around dentists but my vanity forces me to overcome it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Good to see all the creepers aren't posting about where the girl with the YouTube channel has accounts...

Not sure if serious....she gave her YouTube channel name....on the show....

She wants people to creep her. She went on the show to gain more followers. Her job is getting followers on YouTube.

Nice to see you’re policing the internet for this great cause though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

The asian girl seemed plastered haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I find it thoroughly depressing how few women pay their way on this show.

The horse one was as rough as a badger's arse. She could really do with learning how to modulate her behaviour a bit. I curse like a sailor around friends and family but on a first date, at the top of my lungs in a busy restaurant, on national TV? Just, no.

100% agree to all of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,643 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was that Katherine Lynch's Liz Hurley from Leitrim :p she scrubbed up well

• Advertisement

Not sure if serious....she gave her YouTube channel name....on the show....

No sh.it Sherlock.

I was obviously poking fun at the creeps who were looking up the Sligo womans LinkedIn. It was pretty much all that was posted about previously after all. Pay attention next time :pac: Youre no Patrick Jane.

No sh.it Sherlock.

I was obviously poking fun at the creeps who were looking up the Sligo womans LinkedIn. It was pretty much all that was posted about previously after all. Pay attention next time :pac: Youre no Patrick Jane.

Haha well the joke's on you pal as it matched up with your slightly unbalanced vitriol at that whole shenanigans.

She wasn't a patch on our lovely Jemma anyways :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

No sh.it Sherlock.

Are you seriously on the same rant a week later?? Christ someone needs to get a life, fast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Of course they all have lovely bottoms

Haha! Yer man runs Gary Scully Fitness. Seems the gorgeous Gemma wasn't added to his friends list :pac::(
    Even Brennans bread and Lucozade love Gemma!

https://twitter.com/LucozadeIreland/status/976216775401574400
    Oh she's there alright, the lovely Ms Lavin ;)
    Only one way to settle this lads,

http://i.imgur.com/ZZJmN7r.gif
    Who knows, Elm or JeffKenna could be the one for Gemma afterall :pac: You could have just killed cupid Pixelburp!
    Haha well the joke's on you pal as it matched up with your slightly unbalanced vitriol at that whole shenanigans.

She wasn't a patch on our lovely Jemma anyways :pac:

The only joke in here is you and your weirdo friend. Didnt realise you were one of the creeps :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Even stalking the lad :eek:

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Are you seriously on the same rant a week later?? Christ someone needs to get a life, fast!

It wasnt a rant, I had to explain something to JohnPatrick as hes a little slow. I need to get a life? :rolleyes:

Coming from the weirdo who wrote this tripe :pac: Dont get mad at the because your 'road trip' to Sligo go wrong :pac::pac::pac:
    Are you sure the gorgeous Gemma is on facebook??

Asking for a friend!
    Would it be stalkerish to add her?
    Said I'd go for it!

She's mine....keep away!!!!!!!!!
    She's also on LinkedIn....
    Road trip to Sligo if anyone wants to come?

• Advertisement

I guess someone recently found out how to multi quote and is damn well gonna use that amazing new hobby :pac:

The irony is so hilarious here :D

Keep digging buddy!!

I guess someone recently found out how to multi quote and is damn well gonna use that amazing new hobby :pac:

The irony is so hilarious here :D

Keep digging buddy!!

Oh wow, I quoted a few posts, you really got me there! "Amazing".

Yes, you're a loser smitten with a girl you saw on tv for 10 minutes and posting your creepy thoughts about her like a 40 year old virgin. Its equally hilarious and pathetic.

Yes, you're a loser smitten with a girl you saw on tv for 10 minutes and posting your creepy thoughts about her like a 40 year old virgin. Its equally hilarious and pathetic.

dude..harsh..

Oh boy :D I really shouldn’t bite, but heck, I’m bored...and getting paid at work...so...

Firstly, and most importantly, nobody, not even the daters you seem strangely defensive of, gives an absolute fvck about this strange little crusade you are on.

Secondly, you’ve heard of Twitter right? And this thing called a hash tag? Still with me? Now imagine the daters, and their businesses, joining in the discussion, and hey, willingly promoting themselves and their businesses. Then look up the definition of “stalking”. Then google “stupidity” and work on that.

Finally, haha you try and paint a picture about me personally for some weird reason. You’ve lost the plot here. Yet I can click your username and see your posts and within 5 seconds know you spend most your time playing FIFA and joined boards to talk about your farting in public problem. So you’ve moved onto this new strange obsession.

So the mods will probably have to come clean this mess up, like your mommy has to cleanup your messy pants, so get back to shouting at some 12 year old American kid on FIFA and let the thread go back to the way it was before you farted all over it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

So the mods will probably have to come clean this mess up, like your mommy has to cleanup your messy pants

Classic hahahaha!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Get a room lads.

Move on please.

Firstly, and most importantly, nobody, not even the daters you seem strangely defensive of, gives an absolute fvck about this strange little crusade you are on.

Firstly, Im not on a crusade. I just posted a little joke and you got your knickers in a twist. If you didnt give a fvck you wouldnt have replied but you did, so you do give a fvck.
    look up the definition of “stalking”. Then google “stupidity” and work on that.

I don't need to look up and google simple words because unlike you Im not dim. Im sorry you had to spend your time looking up words. Hopefully youll remember what they mean now.
    I can click your username and see your posts and within 5 seconds know you spend most your time playing FIFA

I spend most of my time time playing FIFA because I have 43 posts in a FIFA forum? Youve 62 posts in the FIFA/PES forum... so you must play more than me! :pac:

I can also click your username and see you have 1829 posts :eek: in the reality TV forum, so going by your logic you spend your life watching other people on TV :pac: Maybe you should get your own life. :D
    get back to shouting at some 12 year old American kid on FIFA and let the thread go back to the way it was before you farted all over it :)

Oh, good one. I would go back to FIFA but I dont play as much as you do
    So the mods will probably have to come clean this mess up, like your mommy has to cleanup your messy pants

Oh good one. Very witty.... Surely you heard better insults than that on TV considering you spend your life watching TV (1829 posts...WOW) ;)
    Oh boy :D I really shouldn’t bite, but heck, I’m bored...and getting paid at work...so...

Yeah you shouldnt have embarrassed yourself :pac:
    Mr E wrote: »
    Get a room lads.

Move on please.

Its only fair that I respond. Im done now :)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,217 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Caught up with this episode on Player last night.

Bad teeth guy looked nearer to 60 than 47. The two of them were nice enough but I'm not convinced either of them were serious about a relationship, seeing as neither had been on a date in many years.

The horse girl was a bit of an acquired taste, that laugh of hers was very loud and distracting.

I got a bit of a lesbian vibe off the chicken farmer lady, her look was unconventional for a straight woman in her forties. Her date actually seemed pretty sound and he was gutted when she turned him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I'm convinced that most participants lie about their age, both on the Irish and UK versions. Was watching a UK episode on E4 the other night and two daters who claimed to be around 35 looked at least 50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭plodder

BetsyEllen wrote: »
    Just watching it on repeat now, and that was a brutal put down all right. He looked shell shocked. Pity, as they seemed a nice couple.

AI woman is something else, but he seems able for her. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

blimey ur wans a tank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I used to chase girls like the horse wanker for years.. Mad that I'm only realizing it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭plodder

On the paying thing. It seems like some lads just decide to insist on it, and what's the girl going to do, start a fight?

Oh awkward, the red haired chap not taking no for an answer ... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

plodder wrote: »

AI woman is something else, but he seems able for her. :pac:

I liked her recounting how she brought her elderly mother to see "50 shades of grey."
    Yer man asks "How did that turn out?"
    "She said she liked it well enough, untill he started fùckin batein her."

The mother is a better film critic than the woman they have on Newstalk!

• Advertisement
Advertisement