Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    The mother is a better film critic than the woman they have on Newstalk!

That wouldn't be hard... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

bogmanfan wrote: »
    I'm convinced that most participants lie about their age, both on the Irish and UK versions. Was watching a UK episode on E4 the other night and two daters who claimed to be around 35 looked at least 50.

Its just very common for british and irish people to look significantly older than their age tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Here's hoping they'll show the lovely Gemma again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Here's hoping they'll show the lovely Gemma again...

Lord don’t start him off again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I always thought that was cruel putting that nice culchie guy with that drunk one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Ugh....compilation episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Why so little running commentary tonight eh..? Didnt get a chance to watch it tonight. Must be ****e

wakka12 wrote: »
    Why so little running commentary tonight eh..? Didnt get a chance to watch it tonight. Must be ****e

Its just a repeat of a few different shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Aw they cheaped out big time! I thought we were having a proper post mortem? Did I dream that?!

• Advertisement

First Dates UK new series starting on Ch4 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Jessme

Thargor wrote: »
    First Dates UK new series starting on Ch4 right now.

Don't know if there's a separate thread for the UK show? Did a quick search & couldn't find anything.
    The ex-husband/wife thing..talk about awkward for their dates! How did they think that was in any way a good idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Jessme wrote: »
    Don't know if there's a separate thread for the UK show? Did a quick search & couldn't find anything.
    The ex-husband/wife thing..talk about awkward for their dates! How did they think that was in any way a good idea?

It was so stupid and awkward in every way. Terrible idea.

Why no dater updates too?! That better be back next week, shocking omission!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

At least they stopped the "I'll pay, no let's split it, no I'm a gentleman, you paid but I don't want a second date" section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I caught up with the Irish and UK First dates last night.

Just wondering... in the case of a male/female date - has the female ever paid for the dinner on either shows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I caught up with the Irish and UK First dates last night.

Just wondering... in the case of a male/female date - has the female ever paid for the dinner on either shows?

In the UK one, there was a guy who forgot his card and the girl paid and he promised to transfer his half into her account. It was made even more awkward when he said that he didn't want to see her again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I was hoping they'd do an update on whether any of the couples are still together. I remember the night the lesbian couple were on and after the show it said that they'd be on 3 or 4 more dates. Wonder if they're still together?

The lady who confessed to farting after eating chillies and her bearded date were a nice couple too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

The girl that farted and bearded man didnt work out. She was in the local newspaper, cant remember if they went for a second date or not....l was very shocked they seemed almost smitten.

The girl that farted and bearded man didnt work out. She was in the local newspaper, cant remember if they went for a second date or not....l was very shocked they seemed almost smitten.

Aw, that's a pity. They were nice together.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Nah. I thought she was there to promote herself. Most are tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I was very surprised that they both said they'd see eachother again, tbh. She wanted kids and he's had a vasectomy. They'd have just been wasting eachother's time, really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I was very surprised that they both said they'd see eachother again, tbh. She wanted kids and he's had a vasectomy. They'd have just been wasting eachother's time, really.

I actually believe she was going to say ''no'' but agreed to another date to spare his feelings

Anyone watching the UK one tonight or is there a separate thread for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I was at a charity table quiz last night in Dublin City centre and there was an aul fella sitting across from me , I was sure I knew him from some aspect of life and had meet him before you know that feeling you get, 
    Then it dawned on me, It was the really lovely man from first dates, The guy from Sheriff street who's wife had died a few years ago, He was proper gentleman on the show, Almost wanted to ask him if he was still seeing the women but obviously left him enjoy the night,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Anyone watching the UK one tonight or is there a separate thread for that?

I watched it..would love to know if the army couple stayed together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Colser wrote: »
    I watched it..would love to know if the army couple stayed together.

i found that a bit odd but fair play to him for not running straight out the door. Its what i would have done.

The army guy seemed really lovely. Curious to see if they stayed together too. It said something at the end about she had a son and army guy (can't remember his name ) "is looking forward to meeting him", so doesn't sound as though they're actually together.

The army guy seemed really lovely. Curious to see if they stayed together too. It said something at the end about she had a son and army guy (can't remember his name ) "is looking forward to meeting him", so doesn't sound as though they're actually together.

Id say it wasn’t so much the baby but the fact she seemed bi ? Her last relationship was with a woman .......confusing for a guy who is looking for a lasting relationship and kids .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

The guy with the latex allergy was an absolute oddball.

Id say it wasn’t so much the baby but the fact she seemed bi ? Her last relationship was with a woman .......confusing for a guy who is looking for a lasting relationship and kids .

A man is usually more accepting to start a relationship with a woman who is bi than a woman would be of a man who is bi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

.....bump.....

Unless there is another thread I have not spotted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

What’s the story with your man aidens shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The oysters will still have more brain cells than that fella

I know people he could eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Both women so far seem nice, tattoos don't suit the blonde lady IMO.
    Black lad seems nice.
    Tralee fella comes across as a bit of a wally who tries too hard.

They usually have a couple of headbangers on the first programme, don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sorry , but that vegan fella is a pain in the **** .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Gabby is far too gobby.

"Can you rank me after?" #rhymingslang

Excruciating... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

She no more wanted to see him again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Kaleb Quick Handshake

Tattoed guy is irritating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Who would ?

Yeah she only said that because of what he said. He was funny though.

Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah she only said that because of what he said. He was funny though.

He's a fool but couldn't blame him for concluding it wasn't going anywhere, she even said to her mate on the phone she didn't get a spark

Both nice people but he is a little immature for her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Who knows, but I think his ego wouldnt let her say no and thats why he said no thinking she was just gonna reject him

The look on his face when she said yes was priceless

• Advertisement

Who knows, but I think his ego wouldnt let her say no and thats why he said no thinking she was just gonna reject him

The look on his face when she said yes was priceless

Everything she said earlier contradicted her surprise reveal at the end, she claimed earlier to display her feelings towards someone in her facial expressions, she grimaced through the date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

These two seem nice, genuine and well-suited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Aww these two are nice together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I like these two , the young couple , open , seem genuine .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,643 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Darina Allen having a JagerBomb :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement