Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

God Jaysus id never have put these together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

What did she do wrong to be paired up with this eejit?!
    She's such a lovely girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The fellas all getting pied off tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Delia and the guy are lovely !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,328 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am just watching this now... This tattooed guy from kerry is an awful ballbag....stop saying man constantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,641 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Kerry Katona on next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

gmisk wrote: »
    I am just watching this now... This tattooed guy from kerry is an awful ballbag....stop saying man constantly

I was going to say he would eat himself if he could.. but he only eats things that don’t have brains. So turns out he can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Tattooed Kerry guy was a dose,But girl seemed nice. Didn't realise Eggs have a central nervous system. They also caught a shot of him with a hair hanging off his fork, it didn't look the best for the Gibson.

Black couple seemed lovely, Girl was very shy at first i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Loved Siobhain, seemed a really sweet girl, pity those two didnt work out.

The asthmatic couple were very cute together! :)

Vegan lad was painful to watch, imagine ending up on a date with him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I wonder if Aidan watches it back, whether he'll see just how annoying he is?

Siobhán and Dafe were lovely together.
    And Delia and her date, what a great way to find out her name without asking.
    Delia's mother's laugh was very loud.
    Izabella has a zany sense of humour, but probably not to everyone's taste.

2010/2019 will certainly be remembered for sockless shoes, tattoos and too tight suits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The oysters will still have more brain cells than that fella

He can't eat anything that has a central nervous system....like hen's eggs. :rolleyes:

Can't believe she liked him in the end, vacuous moron.

Like why isn't yer wan leaving her daughter alone and going on her own date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Siobhan and Dafe seemed like really nice poeple
    Same goes for the Cian and his date forget her name, both seemed like they where good crack and perfect for each other,

I feel a bit for the lad from Kerry, he was going for the full of confidence imagine but I think you could tell he was not very sure of himself and a bit insecure , the image was his way of hiding it,
    I'm sure out of the camera and being himself he was a decent bloke,

His date seemed to not be impressed and really gave the impression she wasn't interested, I was shocked as he was when she said she would go on another date ,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Don't like to judge too harshly on peoples fashion choices, but I look at First Dates and wonder if the smart financial move is to invest in some laser removal companies; feels like in 20 years time there may be a lot of folks regretting these arm & chest tattoos, and keen to zap them off.

I curse my friend who appeared on this show for getting me slightly hooked; it's certainly an interesting, if heavily curated and edited, perspective on modern Ireland. Definitely lacks the 'everyman/woman' tone of the UK version, leaning into wackier, more outlandish caricatures than it needs to. I well believe the suspicion the Irish show pads out its cast with detritus from casting agencies.

Wish too they'd have more from the 25-40 demographic, young but with some life experience, because I'm a little sick of hearing 20-year olds blather about never having had a long term relationship :rolleyes:

I notice that half way through the date Mateo (is that how you spell it?) had to go over to Kerryman's table and ask both of them what they do for a living. There must have been no chat at that table and the producers sent him in to get some dialogue out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

What was the story with Dafe's (who said he was born in Nigeria and moved to Ireland aged 2) American accent?

Seriously why do the youth of today all talk with an American twang?!? So bloody annoying!!

And the bloke from Tralee was an absolute fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

cgcsb wrote: »
    Like why isn't yer wan leaving her daughter alone and going on her own date.

She came across as a wino to me. Two ex-hubbies and loud as soon as she had her first drink at the bar. Joining her daughter on their date later in the night. Alarm bells ringing.

Her date was too quiet and old-fashioned for her.

She came across as a wino to me. Two ex-hubbies and loud as soon as she had her first drink at the bar. Joining her daughter on their date later in the night. Alarm bells ringing.

WOW talks about jumping to conclusion's ,
    There could have been a hundred reason why she was twice married ,They could have died, she could have married as teen who knows,

Seen as she and her daughter where from Arklow wasn't it ? id imagine they where sharing a hotel room that night in Dublin so she probably had the choice of going home on her own or going out for a drink with her daughter ,Who seemed lovely and probably wanted to include her,

I cant believe she done jager bombs with her daughter and a guy her daughter just met and was on a date with. Would the young lad not be wondering what kind of a family this was at all. Then she creeps up on the two of them when they are out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

pixelburp wrote: »
    Don't like to judge too harshly on peoples fashion choices, but I look at First Dates and wonder if the smart financial move is to invest in some laser removal companies; feels like in 20 years time there may be a lot of folks regretting these arm & chest tattoos, and keen to zap them off.

Ive heard some tattoo shops already offer the laser removal treatment but it is more expensive in getting them in the first place, there's nice money to be made from peoples regrets :D
    I well believe the suspicion the Irish show pads out its cast with detritus from casting agencies.

Yeah I've no doubt some of the people are supplied by casting & extras agencies. These types of shows always attract arts & media students who want to make a career in television. Appearing on the show gives them extra footage for their showreel which they need when trying to apply for hjobs and break into TV presenting. We already had that Dundalk lad on First Dates who is now on Gogglebox. Even back in the day as a young lad Dermot Bannon appeared on Blind Date in the UK, he obviously had stars in his eyes from the early days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

It was refreshing to see a few of the ladies offer to pay halves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

It was refreshing to see a few of the ladies offer to pay halves.

Most women always offer but it shouldn't be accepted on the man's part. That's a deal breaker for most women.

However if the girl doesn't see it going anywhere she should 100% go halves, otherwise that's just scabby.

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Most women always offer but it shouldn't be accepted on the man's part

Eh why not? Did the suffragettes get locked up and slapped around for nothing? Bet they've had loved you. Thankfully most civilised people have moved on and recognise Men and Women are persons of equal dignity and ought to be treated as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Was this the first episode to not have a gay couple?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

I cant believe she done jager bombs with her daughter and a guy her daughter just met and was on a date with. Would the young lad not be wondering what kind of a family this was at all. Then she creeps up on the two of them when they are out.

Didn't he say they should get Jager bombs?! I thought she seemed good fun! Least she was a bit more lively than some of the dry ****es on First Dates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Most women always offer but it shouldn't be accepted on the man's part. That's a deal breaker for most women.

However if the girl doesn't see it going anywhere she should 100% go halves, otherwise that's just scabby.

The 1950s called. They want their ideology back.

Thankfully most civilised people have moved on and recognise Men and Women are persons of equal dignity and ought to be treated as such.

I don't believe that they have. If I were to ask any of my female friends or colleagues "should the man pay on the first date?" they would all reply "yes". It's is chivalry. It's not the monetary value, it's the thought. It shows care and interest.

Also, a common trend today is, men who date multiple women tend to want to go halves. If a man is interested in you and you alone, he'll most likely offer to pay for the meal. You can argue this if you will but it's the way the dating scene is going atm. You can gauge someones interest when it comes to bill time.

As I said though, if the woman's not interested it would be lousy for her to accept a free meal.

The 1950s called. They want their ideology back.

Do men and women receive equal pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I actually liked that Aiden guy, at first I said ah jaysus hes a knob but at the end I changed my mind, he knew she didnt like him but took it in his stride, his date I got the feeling loves herself a bit too much, when he asked about about local lads she just rolled her eyes and slagged them off, she didnt fancy him(judging by her facial expression comment) but tried to make herself out to be the loser by saying she liked him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I actually liked that Aiden guy, at first I said ah jaysus hes a knob but at the end I changed my mind, he knew she didnt like him but took it in his stride, his date I got the feeling loves herself a bit too much, when he asked about about local lads she just rolled her eyes and slagged them off, she didnt fancy him(judging by her facial expression comment) but tried to make herself out to be the loser by saying she liked him.

I thought he had ADHD or something. Defo not the full schilling.
    She was just a bit of an arse with notions. She was dry as sand paper and unable to converse. Also you live in Youghal love

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Equality is essential until it comes to paying bills...

road_high wrote: »
    Equality is essential until it comes to paying bills...

You seem to be missing the point. We don't live in an equal world, and we never will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭pgj2015

just watched it now.

most annoying person for me was the guy who ran a business. thought he would never stop banging on about how well his business is doing and about being positive. it is a good thing to run your own business and be positive but you don't need to keep talking about it.

also if your business is doing really well, you should pay for the lady's meal and not act delighted when she offers to pay for her half.

I don't believe that they have. If I were to ask any of my female friends or colleagues "should the man pay on the first date?" they would all reply "yes". It's is chivalry. It's not the monetary value, it's the thought. It shows care and interest.

Also, a common trend today is, men who date multiple women tend to want to go halves. If a man is interested in you and you alone, he'll most likely offer to pay for the meal. You can argue this if you will but it's the way the dating scene is going atm. You can gauge someones interest when it comes to bill time.

As I said though, if the woman's not interested it would be lousy for her to accept a free meal.
    Well if that's the case then those female friends of yours might as well quit their jobs and get back in the kitchen because they don't think of themselves as equals

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

pgj2015 wrote: »
    also if your business is doing really well, you should pay for the lady's meal and not act delighted when she offers to pay for her half.

Equality

NOUN

1 [mass noun] The state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities.

‘an organization aiming to promote racial equality'

pgj2015 wrote: »
    just watched it now.

most annoying person for me was the guy who ran a business. thought he would never stop banging on about how well his business is doing and about being positive. it is a good thing to run your own business and be positive but you don't need to keep talking about it.

Honestly thought he came across as a nice guy , He did say a lot of positive and reassuring things but I got the feeling that was to reassure himself,

Possibly a person who has suffered from lows in the past and now reassures himself of the positives in life,

Did you notice in the non date interview thing they do where they talk about themselves, he said at one point that he had already won the lotto becoming a person ( due to the percent of sperm that don't make it) , That's the type of thing's people with issue are reminded of to change there mind frame to a positive ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

How many seasons now and that door is still an issue.

Passenger wrote: »

I know.
    But I also know, that if I went through that door tomorrow, I'd probably do the same :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Its on its third season now.

Dominika seems to have lots of confidence. You don't wear red if you are not confident and wanting to be seen.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Kaleb Quick Handshake

wonder if they will have the male waiters asking about what hot girl theyd like over for dinner

• Advertisement

is there a requirement for an irritating hyper gobsh!te on every episode

is there a requirement for an irritating hyper gobsh!te on every episode

You mean yer man from Galway? He seems alright.

the guy with Dominkia, eh find him irritating, and its the same in the English one, theres a hyper "cheeky chappy" types on virtually every episode, probably hamming it up for the cameras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You mean yer man from Galway? He seems alright.

I think so too !
    They seem to get on well together , as do the man that's cooking in the creche and his date .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

the guy with Dominkia, eh find him irritating, and its the same in the English one, theres a hyper "cheeky chappy" types on virtually every episode, probably hamming it up for the cameras.

He's a character

Character or not, he seems sincere to be fair.

They're a lovely couple.
    Awwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

To be fair to the beardy lad (and speaking as a man here) he gave off the sort of vibe where you weren't watching and wincing throughout. He wasn't that hyper self-obsessed type.

He managed to tread the line between excessive/arrogant/in your face/annoying and timid/unconfident/shy/dull quite well. There are plenty of both extremes on this show, I don't think he put a foot wrong to be fair to the guy. You could tell she was well up for his vibe.

Credit where it's due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭4Ad

Nice to see Normal people on so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

ligerdub wrote: »
    To be fair to the beardy lad (and speaking as a man here) he gave off the sort of vibe where you weren't watching and wincing throughout. He wasn't that hyper self-obsessed type.

He managed to tread the line between excessive/arrogant/in your face/annoying and timid/unconfident/shy/dull quite well. There are plenty of both extremes on this show, I don't think he put a foot wrong to be fair to the guy. You could tell she was well up for his vibe.

Credit where it's due.

From the luxury of my comfiest armchair, I thought he was trying that bit too hard, I was cringing to be honest

Advertisement