Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Well Peter isn't still with Lorraine anwyay despite how friendly they got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭pgj2015

the polish woman was stunning, also had a very nice way about her. they made a nice couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

pgj2015 wrote: »
    the polish woman was stunning, also had a very nice way about her. they made a nice couple.
    was she polish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Wonder did that awkward student of politics have aspergers. Twas a hard watch but the young Tipperary girl was very sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The absolute nerve... I would be hopping if i came back and someone had eaten half my plate of food. Who does that?! And taking a call during a date is the height of rudeness.

Who leaves there food before its all eaten anyway?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    was she polish?

Yes she was but has been living in Ireland for years now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

AMKC wrote: »
    Yes she was but has been living in Ireland for years now.

Not listening just staring.

I wonder will a time come where these women covering themselves in ink will come to regret it?..like, those two were quite good looking, and they've themselves ruined..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

What a great bunch of people in tonight's episode!

The polish woman and your man were super cute.

The red headed woman with the chef - they were adorable together.

The politics lad and the nurse were quite unique and I like that, but I felt she ended it quite abruptly with him. Seems to just be her manner.

The woman in the green dress was absolutely hilarious! She ate his dessert!

And the blonde lesbian was stunning! Reminded me of Dolores O'Riordan. She had a lovely personality too.

• Advertisement

I do not think that either of them have a mental illness. They are just a lot more open and not afraid to be there real selfs. I think a lot of people hide there real selfs be it out of being afraid to or some other reason.

both had kids which means they had relationships with men, now they're both lesbians in middle age...yep you're right , they're soooo not afraid to be themselves...or maybe they're just committed to going very deep deep undercover... I think the blondes issue is that she's so UN-open that she needs to discover "this side of herself" she couldn't even say the word Gay"

and yes having a mental illness or saying you had a mental illness is a very common theme on this show, posters are not so insensitive here as to just jump on someone for saying it. There's a disproportionate amount of it and over the top gays on this show, fact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Sundew wrote: »
    Wonder did that awkward student of politics have aspergers. Twas a hard watch but the young Tipperary girl was very sweet.

Other half said the same

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Other half said the same

ehhh where you even watching it, no way he had aspergers...he had the chicken wings!!!! badoom boom :D

you'd wonder would that knock her confidence in herself..would she ask, what about me tells RTE that this eejit is a match for me.. does that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Ahh I'm madly in love with the chap from Galway!

I wonder will a time come where these women covering themselves in ink will come to regret it?..like, those two were quite good looking, and they've themselves ruined..

i thought the red heads tattoos made her look better.

I dunno..I've a few myself like, but these massive tattoos on their thighs and stuff just look awful..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Sundew wrote: »
    As someone also on the spectrum myself, he absolutely has asperger's - whether he's been diagnosed or not it's clear to see.

MTBD wrote: »
    Is it just me or does everyone on this show have a mental illness? I can see the two girls revealing deep emotional trauma before the end of this. The heavily tattooed people almost always do...

The redheaded girl was stunningly attractive. The older one was not bad for someone of 42 either. Short hair on women is an absolute no no for me but the tattoos were really well done, I can't see how that makes them have a mental illness.

Alt modeling is a real scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I have to say the people who come across a bit social awkward deserve huge credit for going on the show,

They must know themselves that the find it tuff in social situation but still have the guts to put themselves in a uncomfortable positions and like many of the rest of us are just looking for someone to share life with ,

I detest seeing people even on the internet having a go at them or slagging them off, They have more guts than most people to give it a try and just because they are social arkward doesn't lessen them as a person,

I lot of the world greatest minds are also people who are not great socially,

I think its very interesting to see who the general public find attractive on the show as a lot of time I just don't seem to see the same things as other,

For instance a lot of people thought the red hair girl was the most attractive of the two women but I would say the blonde girl by a mile, Obviously there is not right or wrong answer beauty really is in the eye of the beholder , which is nice as lot of society tries to say you have to look a certain way to be attractive or sexy , You can see by the difference of opinion that its just isn't the case which is a good thing/

I have to say the people who come across a bit social awkward deserve huge credit for going on the show,

They must know themselves that the find it tuff in social situation but still have the guts to put themselves in a uncomfortable positions and like many of the rest of us are just looking for someone to share life with , (in most cases they're looking for the 5 minutes of fame as many pop up again in later shows and on other shows like goggle box, or in the worst case TALLIFORNIA)

I detest seeing people even on the internet having a go at them or slagging them off, They have more guts than most people to give it a try and just because they are social arkward doesn't lessen them as a person,

I don't think anyone here thinks they're less of a person for going on the show at all, mostly people question the narrative they're fed, the age and some other things. Yes it takes guts but if they're as fragile as you seem to think, really?? going on Television for a date? I would say that politic-ophile was a twat because like some have said, he was trying to sound learned and clever. SHE was lovely and did seem to have genuine issues at 16. I thought she was quite pretty and just honest with him considering he asked feck all about her or even really complimented her.

I lot of the world greatest minds are also people who are not great socially,
    (and a lot of the greatest minds are.)

I think its very interesting to see who the general public find attractive on the show as a lot of time I just don't seem to see the same things as other,
    (you're not unique there really, it's a matter of taste and that's what makes life really)

For instance a lot of people thought the red hair girl was the most attractive of the two women but I would say the blonde girl by a mile, Obviously there is not right or wrong answer beauty really is in the eye of the beholder , which is nice as lot of society tries to say you have to look a certain way to be attractive or sexy , You can see by the difference of opinion that its just isn't the case which is a good thing/

Don't think anyone would disagree with that, I agree about the blonde, stunning but something of a spoof about her...all that tattoo overkill stuff on guys and girls smacks of red admiral syndrome to me...

(in most cases they're looking for the 5 minutes of fame as many pop up again in later shows and on other shows like goggle box, or in the worst case TALLIFORNIA)

I don't think anyone here thinks they're less of a person for going on the show at all, mostly people question the narrative they're fed, the age and some other things. Yes it takes guts but if they're as fragile as you seem to think, really?? going on Television for a date? I would say that politic-ophile was a twat because like some have said, he was trying to sound learned and clever. SHE was lovely and did seem to have genuine issues at 16. I thought she was quite pretty and just honest with him considering he asked feck all about her or even really complimented her.

you're not unique there really, it's a matter of taste and that's what makes life really

Don't think anyone would disagree with that, I agree about the blonde, stunning but something of a spoof about her...all that tattoo overkill stuff on guys and girls smacks of red admiral syndrome to me...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Already on episode 2 it’s showing how painfully slim the pickings are for casting on this. It seems if you suffered with your mental health, or are in any way “mad craic” you’re guaranteed a spot on it.

That date with the girl from Tipp and Dealz Tubridy....how bad are the dates that don’t make the cut if that is deemed broadcast worthy?

The match making is terrible too, but again I guess they are making the best of what they’ve got to work with.

I adore the UK one. If that was scored out of 100 I’d give it 90.

The Irish one gets 20 simply due to the content. If they are getting plenty of applicants then the casting crew need to be shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yeah the Irish one is a bit clumsy and awkward, half the time the dates are just humouring each other, patronisingly so. Still watch it though :pac:
    I’ve also known two people on it so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

rusty cole wrote: »

(in most cases they're looking for the 5 minutes of fame as many pop up again in later shows and on other shows like goggle box, or in the worst case TALLIFORNIA)

you're not unique there really, it's a matter of taste and that's what makes life really

You've just summed up my point really , your calling him a twat for talking about something he felt comfortable with a lot ,obviously because he was nervous and socially awkward and didn't know what else to speak about he said that himself at the end ,

I never claimed to be unique , and " its a matter of taste " is exactly what eye of beholder means which I said,

Again personal opinion but I thought she handily it a little poorly at the end , she was a little to frosty to him which wasn't needed, but again she wasn't mean or anything which is fair enough everyone is different

Some people just like Tattoo's. so many reason's to get them , next to impossible to guess someone's motive for them

Again just my opinion no real right or wrong ,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Yeah the Irish one is a bit clumsy and awkward, half the time the dates are just humouring each other, patronisingly so. Still watch it though :pac:
    I’ve also known two people on it so far!

It's such a small country, I knew 2 or 3 so far too. I'm almost just watching it in the hope of spotting an ex or someone familiar. I'll always watch it cos of the love I have for the UK one, and the Irish production is fairly spot on, just the bloody bland fools that only seem willing to shame themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Just catching up now. Green dress woman was PAINFUL 🀪 and politics guy was as bad. The chef guy was absolutely lovely. Seemed like a really nice guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

ELM327 wrote: »
    As someone also on the spectrum myself, he absolutely has asperger's - whether he's been diagnosed or not it's clear to see.

Thought that might be the case. My OH had a really good mate who reminded me of him......would just keep going on, and on about the same thing.
    In the end you would just want to slap him one ( no offense to Aspies).
    He had terrible difficulties dating and only recently met somebody with Aspergers as well. Two peas in a pod! RTÉ should think about doing an Undatables show :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The polish girl is probably the nicest girl I've ever seen on it , and she got a sound enough fella aswell who looked as if he'd won the lotto haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

She was bet into that dress though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Guts used to mean running head first at a Panzer while Hans was chasing you with his flammerwaffen.

Spotted one or the no socks brigade the other day from last year, pants still so tight he reminded me of Blackadder with his bulgey pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

If anyone had mental health issues, it was the one in the green dress from Limerick.

She was genuinely maniacal. Not interested in getting married or having kids (not saying that should be the be all and end all for everyone) and acting like a young wan at 50+, there was definitely something going on there. Mad as a brush- and quite rude too. Again, you'd have to question the matchmakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭cgcsb

If anyone had mental health issues, it was the one in the green dress from Limerick.

She was genuinely maniacal. Not interested in getting married or having kids (not saying that should be the be all and end all for everyone) and acting like a young wan at 50+, there was definitely something going on there. Mad as a brush- and quite rude too. Again, you'd have to question the matchmakers.

I think knowing she was mad as a brush and pairing her with a conservative guy is just following a 'good tv' formula.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭4Ad

I just think she was a bit of craic, prob drank a bit too much but didn't take things too seriously !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Kaleb Quick Handshake

yeah acting more than half her age was irritating...theres a few round that age who act like that in the Old Oak in cork and by god theyre the ones to stay away from and its kinda sad....party days are over, no one likes that guy or girl who thinks its still college/teenage years

yeah acting more than half her age was irritating...theres a few round that age who act like that in the Old Oak in cork and by god theyre the ones to stay away from and its kinda sad....party days are over, no one likes that guy or girl who thinks its still college/teenage years

your party days are over when you yourself decide they are over, if they are ever over. some people party until they die, nothing wrong with that. it wouldn't bother me if i saw older people out partying in pubs and clubs. they have as much right to party as you have.

Ms

So first up is your one with the list 6 pages long of what she wants in a guy. Good luck to the guy trying to fulfill her expectations lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Jesus where do they find them

So first up is your one with the list 6 pages long of what she wants in a guy. Good luck to the guy trying to fulfill her expectations lol.

And she would be the first one wondering why she can't find a man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,552 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bit of a Hardy Bucks character buzz off the Monaghan lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

That American woman is stunning for 65. Christ.

Awww..I like yer one..the 65yo is a good looking woman alright..

• Advertisement

Is your one... a few sandwiches short?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Her picnic has been cancelled. Mad out she is.

She came across as a bit aloof on the Late Late too.

I'm going to hazard a guess she is an extreme...something. Either women's studies student or a religion teacher.

Ms

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Her picnic has been cancelled. Mad out she is.

She does seem a bit simple alright. She has mystic powers too. Lol with the come on Monahan and then up Leitrim lol. I think he will not meet her high standards and they will just decide to be friends instead.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm in utter shock she made him say grace before dinner

Ms

Sarah has an accent very like Soirse Ronan but she seems very cool.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I like these two tbh :o

Wish she had have said anal instead of salmon as the answer to his first question.

Ms

I'm in utter shock she made him say grace before dinner

Ye that was gas lol. Not a nope of me doing that. I would be like eh ok I am out of here.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Awww..she's lovely..

Awww..she's lovely..

Shes unbearable

• Advertisement
Advertisement