Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Please get the McGregor wannabe for the LLS Valentines Special.

To be fair, I think he was a lot more genuine than her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

“He would honestly still believe I was from Tallaght”....nothing to do with the fact that you do sound like you were born and bred there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Oh and blonde waitress is a pain in the hole as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Oh he is gutted!

serves him right for looking like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,551 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If McGregor lite was so confident of a second date with her, he should have made a better effort to at least dress appropriately for the occasion.

Dope

A quick trip to Michael Guineys on the way in would have sorted him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

pgj2015 wrote: »
    serves him right for looking like that.

A cross between Napoleon Dynamite and Conor McGregor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Wheety wrote: »
    Stop saying "You go first" if your planning on saying no anyway :mad:

Unless you are dating this guy.....http://christophergreen.net/hugo-furst/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Goodnight, I've a last date with Ted Bundy.
    See y'all next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

jojofizzio wrote: »
    “He would honestly still believe I was from Tallaght”....nothing to do with the fact that you do sound like you were born and bred there....

She was pointing out that he didn’t try to get to know her at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I agree that the Coner Mcgreggor light fellow should have made more of an effort but the date was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Can not blame her for thinking she would just become his mammy. I thought she was nice but she could have gave him a chance. I do think he overdone it maybe with 6 years of grieving but then we do not know what else was going on with his life so can,t really say. I think a month to 6 months is plenty to moan/grieve after that you have to move on with your life but remember the good times you had together with the person and always remember them. I am sure most of us well around my age anyway have lost someone close to us but you have to move on eventually in life.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Jane_Dough

jojofizzio wrote: »
    “He would honestly still believe I was from Tallaght”....

My dad and I broke our hearts laughing at this!

I couldn't believe herself and another woman allowed the men to pay on two occasions this evening, yet they both rejected said men. Horrible thing for a woman to do. It's so cheap. If you don't like the guy, do not use him to pay for your meal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Still confused about Russia and McGregor.

Him: Is the opposite of good looking, he acknowledges this even. Wears a tracksuit and makes no effort with himself anyway, says he fancies her, only talks about himself and acts like he doesn't want to know her. Says he became depressed when granny passes away when he was 19, surely something almost everyone experiences.

Her: Pretty girl, good head on her shoulders, makes effort. Obviously doesn't fancy him, let's him pay for dinner and say first if they want to see each other again.

Like who matched them?

The gay couple: I was convinced the loud faux yankee finished it when he started that homo-flexible ****e. The other lad definitely had a face on him after that, yet they wanted to see each other again....make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Jane_Dough wrote: »

I couldn't believe herself and another woman allowed the men to pay on two occasions this evening, yet they both rejected said men. Horrible thing for a woman to do. It's so cheap. If you don't like the guy, do not use him to pay for your meal!

Yeah, but we didn't see how much he insisted on paying, maybe they fought over it for 5 minutes?
    cgcsb wrote: »

The gay couple: I was convinced the loud faux yankee finished it when he started that homo-flexible ****e. The other lad definitely had a face on him after that, yet they wanted to see each other again....make of that what you will.

Rossie said he he didn't fancy him, then he said he'd like to meet up, then he didn't meet in the end. Can't blame him, he sounded like someone who wants to settle down and Bosnian guy is still footloose and fancy free by the sound of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I agree Conor McGregor shouldn't have went down the depression road and wasn't in the same league appearance wise but am I the only one who picked up very flirtatious and interested vibes from the girl? She acted like she was well merry from the start and I was thinking no way will she fancy him..why all the encouragement?? There's friendly and there's 'friendly'.. Then to let him decide first??? When she knew well he'd say yes? ! I actually thought she looked and cane across much vetter in the clips of her alone. You could actually see her eyes properly without the shoe polish brush eyelashes.

She actually didn't even contest paying for dinner. Like wtf?
    Also we now know that the Arab fetish trumps most alarm bells.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I agree Conor McGregor shouldn't have went down the depression road

90 year old granny dies shocker, diagnoses self with clinical depression, drinks 4 Guinness, fails at alcoholism also.

and she even made a joke about it being all the money he had for the week.

i wouldn't have said she was very attractive either tbh.

and she even made a joke about it being all the money he had for the week.

i wouldn't have said she was very attractive either tbh.

ah she was nice without the slap in fairness and was in a way higher league than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

An offshoot of McGregor's popularity is that is has spawned a generation of wannabee spoofers that label themselves 'personal trainers'

"Personal training " great way to laundry money from illegal activity ,
    How does the tax man keep a track on how many people you actually trained this last year and how much you charged them ?

Also people who spend there life on the dole , do a course for a few weeks then there a personal trainer's and off they go making cash, its not regulated very well ,

Of course there is still lots of good people who personal trainer the correct and legal way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

she did say that her russian culture was very important to her. Maybe it was part of that. The guy made no effort at all and didnt ask anything about her. It was never going to work for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    A cross between Napoleon Dynamite and Conor McGregor

I thought there was a touch of a young Gerry Adams

remember that ar$hole phil from talifornia who was on first dates, he said he was a personal trainer. then his date asked him did he get paid for being a personal trainer and he said yes but you could tell he was lying. id say half of them just watch a few youtube videos of people training in a gym and then decide they too are personal trainers.

remember that ar$hole phil from talifornia who was on first dates, he said he was a personal trainer. then his date asked him did he get paid for being a personal trainer and he said yes but you could tell he was lying. id say half of them just watch a few youtube videos of people training in a gym and then decide they too as personal trainers.

Totally agree, they can't go on live TV and say well I don't bother with work iv been on the dole for the last 10 years ,

remember that ar$hole phil from talifornia who was on first dates, he said he was a personal trainer. then his date asked him did he get paid for being a personal trainer and he said yes but you could tell he was lying. id say half of them just watch a few youtube videos of people training in a gym and then decide they too are personal trainers.

yeah but at least he looked like he worked out. the guy last night was an awful specimen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The guy who walked in with his feet turned out and waddled like a strutting duck ?

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The guy who walked in with his feet turned out and waddled like a strutting duck ?

yeah, the one wearing tracksuit bottoms and no socks with the big glasses.

she did say that her russian culture was very important to her. Maybe it was part of that. The guy made no effort at all and didnt ask anything about her. It was never going to work for him.

Lol yeah real important to her, so much so that she is unmarried, works in a male dominated space and has no children. Pull the other one.

Lol yeah real important to her, so much so that she is unmarried, works in a male dominated space and has no children. Pull the other one.

no idea why you think they are relevant.

It means you're unemployed. Young females who are unemployed are 'social media influencers'.

yeah but at least he looked like he worked out. the guy last night was an awful specimen.

You'd think personal trainers wouldn't be average build to thin to be fair.

• Advertisement

She said she was upset he didn't ask about her culture, How in gods name are you suppose to know that she is Russian not a hint of a Russian accent ,
    She said to him she worked in SBG Tallagh and she was from Tallagh is he then suppose to ask and tell me about your family tree ?

She said she was upset he didn't ask about her culture, How in gods name are you suppose to know that she is Russian not a hint of a Russian accent ,
    She said to him she worked in SBG Tallagh and she was from Tallagh is he then suppose to ask and tell me about your family tree ?

To be fair he probably would have found out if he'd asked her any questions at all.

Did she not say something about her family at the start of their conversation? she definitely mentioned her mother. I could have sworn she mentioned she was russian to him.

I didn't like her at all, she should have paid for her meal imo, she should have answered first at the end and all the rubbish like "I'm for dessert" was ****e talk, I'm not a bit surprised that she's single tbh, attention seeking and fake is how I'd describe her.

I didn't like her at all, she should have paid for her meal imo, she should have answered first at the end and all the rubbish like "I'm for dessert" was ****e talk, I'm not a bit surprised that she's single tbh, attention seeking and fake is how I'd describe her.

I think its what you call a mickey tease , The twirling of the hair and moving in close to him ,
    Even thought she wasn't interested in him she was determined to lead him on , I reckon if he said no to wanting to see her again she'd have been devastated

That American sounded and acted like sarah silverman, but obviously didn't have the looks and her date looked and kind of acted like tommy Tiernan, anyone get that??? the serious profound tommy now, not the shouty ALDI, anti-Semite tommy we all love!

why do these bearded gym rats think covering up with a Ronnie drew façade on your face will hide your weak chin. I'd say those glasses were normal glass too just to carry off the McGregor look, if that's what you're going for. I agree though, she was a tease and disingenuous to him, dress style and McGregor looks aside, he wasn't bad so she could have treated him at least honesty. I'll take a punt and say she loves a good scumbag to be honest. She's far from a typical stoic Russian too, so don't know were she was coming from there.
    lovely looking but she may be one of those who goes home alone most nights for want of turning guys away always waiting for something better, is that harsh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Jane_Dough wrote: »

So true. They are pathetic. If you're saying no then don't allow the guy to pay. Don't allow him to pay anyway, pay your own way.

iamwhoiam wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm60b7t_3Z0

this is the phil guy i was talking about/

phil the combover mcrevice o' toole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

2lt60di.png

She crosses the T's, dots the I's and puts U in the middle..

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm60b7t_3Z0

this is the phil guy i was talking about/

Thats him , he strutted in the door with the oddest of gaits !!

She dots the T's, crosses the I's and puts U in the middle..

Ah I thought she was nice..yer man seemed way more annoying..a bad caricature of irishness or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Where do they get these eejits from who pretend to be the shy, scared one who doesn’t want to put their heart on the line, tells the other person to go first, the other person takes the stand, says ‘Yes I would like to see her again’ then the eejits pull an awkward face and are like ‘Oh dear, what a position I’ve been put in, look at me having to turn you down! ......I don’t know how to say this, but romantically....no.,.i really believe in being honest’ eh, you just wanted the validation of him liking you even though you couldn’t give a fook!

And your one giving out that he didn’t care she was from Russia, eh, after carrying on like the above, calling yourself The Dessert on two occasions, and letting him pay for dinner she can’t talk! Paying for dinners is a thing couples do, don’t let the other person pay for you if you’ve no intention of ever seeing him again!

And bless her heart, I’d be his mammy, I actually think he’d be very caring and do everything for her, but she’s only 23, she’ll learn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The black girl from Galway was hot.

Maybe I'm wrong but I got the impression she was looking for someone to marry from the way she was talking, unusual that a 27 year old would be looking to settle down already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

If McGregor lite was so confident of a second date with her, he should have made a better effort to at least dress appropriately for the occasion.

Dope

And waste a tenner on a suit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Dope

And waste a tenner on a suit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

The black girl from Galway was hot.

Maybe I'm wrong but I got the impression she was looking for someone to marry from the way she was talking, unusual that a 27 year old would be looking to settle down already.

If the dress was two sizes bigger and she didn’t have those tacky nails. Nice face though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Conor McGregor guy seemed like a real decent chap. Not bad looking too if he wasn’t wearing those stupid glasses.

Tallaght girl thought she was something. Saying “I’m 23, I know where I want to be in life, so I’d be the alpha woman”. Ah feck off would ya - you live at home with your ma; you just let a lad pay for dinner, whom you have no interest in romantically and made a joke that was all his money for the week, and then you made him speak first afterwards when you were going to turn him down. You have a lot to learn, young lady

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

... and then you made him speak first afterwards when you were going to turn him down. You have a lot to learn, young lady

I really don't understand this?
    She said earlier to the waiter or whatever that it wasn't working so clearly had no intention of going further with it. Yet happily lets him pay full and wants to give off the impression that she was 'an alpha female'. Laterally having your cake and eating it too.

Then lets him speak first knowing she wanted to reject him, so was that done just purely for her own ego boast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Conor McGregor guy seemed like a real decent chap. Not bad looking too if he wasn’t wearing those stupid glasses.

Ah come off it. He looked like yer man off Bo Selecta.

I've said it before but it seriously depresses me how few women pay their way on this programme.

Advertisement