Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

French girl had an attitude anyways.

"were you nervous because of me or the whole thing?" Sounds like she gets a kick out of intimidating fellas, it was a stupid comment after rejecting the guy as she was just looking for an ego boost.

As for the two gay guys, the brown haired gay guy was grand. But the other guy, he's not normal. There has to be mental issues there. I don't care what anyone says, but a lad going around looking and acting like that isn't normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Cina wrote: »
    You could clearly see from the date that they got on pretty well but there wasn't really any spark, they were just going through the motions with the conversation and not really having any "craic".

So what if she's choosy? You want her to spread her legs for whatever lad wants her just cause she's a bit older?

Jaysus no, she said herself that she was choosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Pussyhands wrote: »
    As for the two gay guys, the brown haired gay guy was grand. But the other guy, he's not normal. There has to be mental issues there. I don't care what anyone says, but a lad going around looking and acting like that isn't normal.

I think that's what he wants, to stand out from the crowd.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Jaysus no, she said herself that she was choosy.

She has to be choosy with kids, one of whom sounds quite dependent on her with special needs.

• Advertisement

French girl had an attitude anyways.

"were you nervous because of me or the whole thing?" Sounds like she gets a kick out of intimidating fellas, it was a stupid comment after rejecting the guy as she was just looking for an ego boost.

She’s so self flattering it’s a wonder that she doesn’t wonder why she’s still single. Asking him was he intimidated by her was a really stupid question. She wanted him to ask her more questions and if he did she’d say he was asking her too many questions. She’d be alright on a frosty night or any night for that matter but she’d wreck your head every time she’d open her mouth.

She has to be choosy with kids, one of whom sounds quite dependent on her with special needs.

Men won’t exactly be falling over themselves for her though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

You’ve attacked her from every possible angle at this stage, we get it,you hate her!

Wish I wasn’t on phone and could multi-quote all your posts about her for effect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What is normal ?

I don't get why you would see a difference in them, If the guy who dresses as a women is not normal then is the other guy normal for wanting to date him/her ?

As un PC as it sounds I think anyone who is gay must have some kind of chemical imbalance of sorts, In saying that iv zero issues with any gay person do what you what ever makes you happy,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I think that's what he wants, to stand out from the crowd.

No it’s attention seeking.

• Advertisement

What is normal ?

I don't get why you would see a difference in them, If the guy who dresses as a women is not normal then is the other guy normal for wanting to date him/her ?

As un PC as it sounds I think anyone who is gay must have some kind of chemical imbalance of sorts, In saying that iv zero issues with any gay person do what you what ever makes you happy,

Well the gay guy is normal in so much as looking at him, hearing him speak etc. he seems normal so I wouldn't even notice him if he was sitting a table over from me in a cafe or whatever. But when he said he liked feminine men that kinda told me he wasn't usual.

He likes men who look like women? I wouldn't mind that guy, you could be around him and not get put off but the other guy....looks like he wants to look like a woman, and acts weird.

Where is the line drawn for "being whoever you want to be" and "mentally ill".

No it’s attention seeking.

I never said it wasn't! He actually came across as quite insecure I thought, kept saying how the other fella was gorgeous, that he's never had a bf, couldn't bring himself to come out to his Bulgarian granny, aunts & uncles etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

She seemed lovely, I don't know what your problem is?
    I think it's perfectly reasonable for her to be 'choosy' in the sense of only pursuing a relationship with someone if she actually fancies them - it's not as though she rejected her date saying that she wouldn't settle for less than a 30 year old millionaire with movie star good looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Well the gay guy is normal in so much as looking at him, hearing him speak etc. he seems normal so I wouldn't even notice him if he was sitting a table over from me in a cafe or whatever. But when he said he liked feminine men that kinda told me he wasn't usual.

He likes men who look like women? I wouldn't mind that guy, you could be around him and not get put off but the other guy....looks like he wants to look like a woman, and acts weird.

I wouldn't say mentally Ill , Ill implies sick ,
    I d say just a different chemical balance than your average man as gay people are not sick or ill ,

So basically your ok with one guy because he doesn't look gay but not ok with the other because you can tell when you look at him he is gay , That's a bit odd

I d say just a different chemical balance than your average man as gay people are not sick or ill ,

So basically your ok with one guy because he doesn't look gay but not ok with the other because you can tell when you look at him he is gay , That's a bit odd

It’s kind of silly coming from someone with a name as weird as Pussyhands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Had he some kind of filler in his cheeks? He got a bit of a hamster look when he smiled.

After watching the show last night i though he looked like the lad from "hey arnold"

473770.JPG

Flamboyant guy is someone who is defined by his sexuality and appearance.

Other guy seems normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I think she just didn't fancy him. He was perfect for her in every other way. Seemed like a nice lad and works with disabled and disadvantaged kids.

That's life I guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just a friendly reminder to people to keep the digs about people's personal appearance to a minimum. Some of it has gone way over the top.

If you wouldn't say it to someone's face, it's probably not worth sharing here either.

You’ve attacked her from every possible angle at this stage, we get it,you hate her!

Wish I wasn’t on phone and could multi-quote all your posts about her for effect!

Attacking her and you attacking as you call it another poster because of their username :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Attacking her and you attacking as you call it another poster because of their username :rolleyes:

Ah now you have been tearing the French girl down since the show aired. A jokey comment on a username is not attacking at all, let alone at the level you’ve been going at it.

Ah now you have been tearing the French girl down since the show aired. A jokey comment on a username is not attacking at all, let alone at the level you’ve been going at it.

The French girl? I thought you were referring to the mother from Dublin. I never said anything about the French girl other than her nasty personality. Why don’t you get offended about the clowns calling her transgender? You really don’t know what you are talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Thanks Eagle eye. I'm sure he (or she???) will be delighted with your pronouncement.

As un PC as it sounds I think anyone who is gay must have some kind of chemical imbalance of sorts

Thanks, didn't know, what university is your PhD in neuroscience from? HAve you published your findings in this area?

This thread needs to change it's title to Thursday gay bashings. There are men who present sort of feminine, you'll live though.

I didn't realise earlier that the other chap said he liked feminine guys, fair enough, that's what he likes. I've never met a gay man who would say they are into 'feminine guys' but they exist no doubt.

Just don't be visible, what ever you do is the message.

cgcsb wrote: »
    This thread needs to change it's title to Thursday gay bashings. There are men who present sort of feminine, you'll live though.

I didn't realise earlier that the other chap said he liked feminine guys, fair enough, that's what he likes. I've never met a gay man who would say they are into 'feminine guys' but they exist no doubt.

4 posts in a row. Touched a nerve clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

cgcsb wrote: »

4 posts in a row. Touched a nerve clearly.
    Moving on from gay bashing to attempted gay shaming.

Classy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Drawing the line here; Give it a rest with the sniping, personal digs or crass generalisations about contestants on this show. Reads more like an After Hours thread.

• Advertisement

This used to be a great thread, some banter and laughs about the participants along with different opinions on who should pay for what.

But it's gone nasty the last few days, some of the comments here are way below the belt and we all know those people making them wouldn't have the balls to say those comments to those people if they met them in public.

Sad to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Cina wrote: »
    I'd just like to say, fair play to yer wan with the kids for insisting on going halves with the guy, knowing that she didn't want to meet him again, and also insisting on going first and saying that.

The way it should be done.

The guy wasn’t too insistent though: “I’m happy to pay if you want”. You know he didn’t really want to. A confident, alpha man would just say “I’m getting this”, and pay with minimal fuss. I actually felt that put her off a bit, and could’ve been the nail in the coffin. She seemed interested, telling the producers that they’d ticked all the boxes

Well I thought Aleks was great! He seemed dead sound and actually very confident in himself, and had a very mature insight. He talked about his friends getting worked up over him getting abuse and digs from strangers and he was just like “chill”. I think he knows exactly who and what he is! I’d say he’s great craic to be around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Flamboyant guy is someone who is defined by his sexuality and appearance.

Other guy seems normal.

Define normal.

Why is a guy gay because he likes to wear makeup? I don't see anything wrong with that and know plenty of straight guys that do it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Define normal.

Why is a guy gay because he likes to wear makeup? I don't see anything wrong with that and know plenty of straight guys that do it.

Exactly! Heck, even straight guys were doing it in the early 80s (New Romantics).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

If you went on First Dates, how do you think you would be perceived by the posters in this thread? What do you think the worst and or best thing they would say about you. Do you think you would be confident or shy. Do you think you would make a faux pas. At the end would you go first or second when making your choice. Interested in hearing.

• Advertisement

Aleks looks like 80s celeb Marilyn.

Looks like a mix of a poor mans Limahl hairdo and the makeup of Duran Duran. Or maybe Phil Oakley in his prime.
    joeguevara wrote: »
    If you went on First Dates, how do you think you would be perceived by the posters in this thread? What do you think the worst and or best thing they would say about you. Do you think you would be confident or shy. Do you think you would make a faux pas. At the end would you go first or second when making your choice. Interested in hearing.

Normal enough, very very interesting past, and a very alternative hobby.
    Nicest thing would be 'he seems like a genuinely nice lad, great hair'
    Worst: 'fcuk me, he could lose some weight, she won't like that'
    Shy (which is why I'd never go on it)

Faux pas? I'd lose the head trying to get through the door and just throw a flower pot through it, hitting Marco (or whatever his name is) on the head. I'd constantly call the Canadian barman American. I'd spill food on the floor or else tip the drinks over. Probably on her. Or I'd trip into some bloody expensive camera or lighting rig and cost a few grand worth of damage. Probably lock myself into the jacks and they'd need an hour to get the door open and then break the Dyson dryer. I would do all of that stone cold sober.

I'd go first to make things less awkward, I can handle rejection

KevRossi wrote: »
    Looks like a mix of a poor mans Limahl hairdo and the makeup of Duran Duran. Or maybe Phil Oakley in his prime.

Normal enough, very very interesting past, and a very alternative hobby.
    Nicest thing would be 'he seems like a genuinely nice lad, great hair'
    Worst: 'fcuk me, he could lose some weight, she won't like that'
    Shy (which is why I'd never go on it)

Faux pas? I'd lose the head trying to get through the door and just throw a flower pot through it, hitting Marco (or whatever his name is) on the head. I'd constantly call the Canadian barman American. I'd spill food on the floor or else tip the drinks over. Probably on her. Or I'd trip into some bloody expensive camera or lighting rig and cost a few grand worth of damage. Probably lock myself into the jacks and they'd need an hour to get the door open and then break the Dyson dryer. I would do all of that stone cold sober.

I'd go first to make things less awkward, I can handle rejection

What a great post and very funny.

For me it would really depend on which joe turned up. Charming, funny joe who has his date and those around in stitches or joe who can’t seem to say anything right. Really depends on the first 3 seconds but thankfully 95% of the time it’s the first one. Knowing my luck though second joe is the one that is filmed.

Best thing that could be said is he comes across as genuine, interesting, funny and a cracking smile. Worst thing that could be said if they mistake confidence with arrogance or if I told a few stories about my life and they weren’t believed.

I’d definitely have to be careful about what I ordered as can be an enthusiastic eater. Also wine just seems to disappear and could be either hilarious or mortifying. I would love if my date was a sweetheart but if they were not so nice or obnoxious I’d let them at it. I’d get a kick out of them being mean as long as it wasn’t to anyone else.

I’d like to go second as I’d like to know what they thought. If I didn’t like them romantically but they said they wanted to see me I’d say yes. No point being a dick.

I don’t know if I’d read threads like this as it would hurt if I was ripped apart but if it was constructive could learn some things.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

I think I'd have a few drinks to relax. I would like to get the wings but would chose the least messy thing on the menu. I reckon I would dread ending up on a date with someone like Phil as wouldn't know how to deal with him. Matthew from last night's episode on the other hand! Swoon!!

I honestly don't know how boards would react to me!!

I think I'd have a few drinks to relax. I would like to get the wings but would chose the least messy thing on the menu. I reckon I would dread ending up on a date with someone like Phil as wouldn't know how to deal with him. Matthew from last night's episode on the other hand! Swoon!!

I honestly don't know how boards would react to me!!
    It’s strange how different people can have polar views on the same person. One person could think a charming rogue was an obnoxious player. There are some people who everyone will agree on but that would be boring. I wouldn’t mind if some people didn’t like me or didn’t find me attractive but if my character was torn asunder without merit I think that would be the hardest to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

It’s strange how different people can have polar views on the same person. One person could think a charming rogue was an obnoxious player. There are some people who everyone will agree on but that would be boring. I wouldn’t mind if some people didn’t like me or didn’t find me attractive but if my character was torn asunder without merit I think that would be the hardest to take.

Sure apply there for it and report back!!

We shall be nice!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Really enjoyed this week's episode, thought all the dates were great, even Tallafornia Phil didn't annoy me too much, despite his bitter outburst towards the end. Loved the fact that his date saw straight through his intentions though :pac:

The French woman was quite up herself I thought, and her date can do better. Glad he's back next week!

I liked Gary and Aleks' date a lot, thought there was some good chemistry there. Some of the comments on here about Aleks are f*cking shameful by the way. Not surprising, given some of the sources, but shameful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Well I thought Aleks was great! He seemed dead sound and actually very confident in himself, and had a very mature insight. He talked about his friends getting worked up over him getting abuse and digs from strangers and he was just like “chill”. I think he knows exactly who and what he is! I’d say he’s great craic to be around.

Who constantly called his date bitch.

That’s what some gays do. It’s a term of endearment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

The guy wasn’t too insistent though: “I’m happy to pay if you want”. You know he didn’t really want to. A confident, alpha man would just say “I’m getting this”, and pay with minimal fuss. I actually felt that put her off a bit, and could’ve been the nail in the coffin. She seemed interested, telling the producers that they’d ticked all the boxes

Maybe he thought she was an independent, modern woman with the ability to pay for her own meals. Maybe he thought she'd be insulted if he insinuated any different. I'm with my husband 15 years so out of the dating game a long time. I always paid my way, I had my own job to do so. Don't think he would've been interested in a woman who wanted a guy to pay for everything.

I didn’t see the date but if his date didn’t mind then don’t be getting worked up on someone else’s behalf.

If it made the date uncomfortable then that’s different. It reminds me that I thought my ex had Tourette’s until i realized I am a fcukijg pr1ck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Thought it was absolutely ridic that they had Phil The Turkey back on despite him not being single. Absolutely pointless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh delighted for them. I remember their first date well and they hit it off straight away :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

That’s what some gays do. It’s a term of endearment

A term of endearment, give over. If I called my wife bitch all day would it be OK?

A term of endearment, give over. If I called my wife bitch all day would it be OK?

If she liked it and didn’t feel disrespected then yes it would be ok for ye. Don’t be insulted on someone else’s behalf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement