Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

joeguevara wrote: »
    If she liked it and didn’t feel disrespected then yes it would be ok for ye. Don’t be insulted on someone else’s behalf.

I'm not insulted for anyone else. I'm just absolutely fed up to the back teeth of people like him being able to say whatever they want with no repercussion because they can just shout Homophobia if someone disagrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I'm not insulted for anyone else. I'm just absolutely fed up to the back teeth of people like him being able to say whatever they want with no repercussion because they can just shout Homophobia if someone disagrees.

I agree completely if it made the person uncomfortable. If it didn’t then live and let live. But that wasn’t the question you asked.

It is nothing to do with homophobia and if both people were gay he could hardly shout that. He could say it if someone ridiculed him for saying it when it wasn’t taken as a slur by the person he said it to, simply because it made a heterosexual person uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

joeguevara wrote: »
    I agree completely if it made the person uncomfortable. If it didn’t then live and let live. But that wasn’t the question you asked.

It is nothing to do with homophobia and if both people were gay he could hardly shout that. He could say it if someone ridiculed him for saying it when it wasn’t taken as a slur by the person he said it to, simply because it made a heterosexual person uncomfortable.

No doubt someone will give out about me complaining about it, it's completely disrespectful. If that was my son/brother I would be very irritated to see a family member repeatedly being called a bitch.

No doubt someone will give out about me complaining about it, it's completely disrespectful. If that was my son/brother I would be very irritated to see a family member repeatedly being called a bitch.

If that was my brother and I thought he didn’t stand up for himself if someone was making him uncomfortable that would annoy me. If it didn’t annoy him then why would I be irritated.

No one is giving out about you complaining. It is a normal reaction. But similarly if they are trying to explain that he didn’t seem perturbed by it then maybe your irritation is misplaced. But you have the right to feel whatever way you do about the use of a term but that is your feeling. Not the other guys. If that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭pgj2015

ok we get it, move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

That’s what some gays do. It’s a term of endearment

Is the use of 'Bitch' not like the 'N' word? same rules apply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭ted1

A 21 year old and a 22 year old. Call me cynical but I dint think it will last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Absolutely nothing like it. Good grief

ted1 wrote: »

I suppose if you allow your engagement to be recorded by the production company that produced the dating show where you first met leaves you open to public discussion. It is obvious that people will disect the dates and give their opinion on likes and dislikes but is it not a bit uncomfortable when people pass judgment on the rest of their lives. The people are not celebrities and it’s different than discussing whether Cheri Coles newest toy boy is the one.

If I got engaged to marry and read someone on the internet saying that they don’t think it will last without any other information except a cynical mind, I think it really would sting. I am not having a go at the poster but has it been thought through the impact of publicizing their engagement. Surely ratings aren’t more important than the emotions of the couple.

But then again this is TV Land and they did sign up for their 15 minutes of fame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I got engaged when I was 21 to my boyfriend who was also 21. We're now 50 and still married. Age and maturity aren't always the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

No, a bitch is a female dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Delighted for the two girls - I thought from early on in their date that the relationship would go the distance, and they still seem very, very happy together.
    Nobody knows which relationships will last for life and which ones will just be lovely for a short time - where's the harm in either scenario, as long as they're happy?
    Also, I'd be the last person to put myself forward for a show like First Dates because I'd hate seeing and hearing myself on screen and I cringe at the idea of my character being dissected by the viewers, but I can totally see how these two girls were so delighted and grateful to have found each other, and so pleased at how well received their date was by the viewing public, that they took the decision to share the occasion of their engagement with the world via the production company that had a hand in making it happen in the first place.
    I don't think their decision to share the engagement video had anything to do with prolonging their supposed '15 minutes of fame', and everything to do with sharing their joy. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

^^^
    100% agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Thought it was absolutely ridic that they had Phil The Turkey back on despite him not being single. Absolutely pointless!

He was single, he just had his f-ck buddy knocked up at the time.

Regarding the two getting engaged. I remember thinking at the time they weren't suited. Surprised they're still together.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Pussyhands wrote: »
    He was single, he just had his f-ck buddy knocked up at the time.

Regarding the two getting engaged. I remember thinking at the time they weren't suited. Surprised they're still together.

Nope, he said in the papers during the week he was back with baby momma at that point and merely went back on “to clear his name”. RTÉ helping publicize this degenerate once was bad enough. A second time when he wasn’t even single is hilarity.

• Advertisement

Nope, he said in the papers during the week he was back with baby momma at that point and merely went back on “to clear his name”. RTÉ helping publicize this degenerate once was bad enough. A second time when he wasn’t even single is hilarity.

Nah he's only trying to make it seem like it was a planned pregnancy. He said he was "on/off" with her for a while, meaning they were just banging. She got pregnant and they decided to get together as a couple.

If they were actually going out at the time, do you think the girlfriend would have allowed it while she was pregnant?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Of course she would. 10 minutes more of “fame” for him, only way he’s gonna ever make a few quid to support her. It was a Phil The Turkey publicity stunt and not a date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pussyhands wrote:
    If they were actually going out at the time, do you think the girlfriend would have allowed it while she was pregnant?

I dunno. I'm not sure anyone stupid enough to get involved with that dumpster fire is playing with a full deck, tbh.

And wasted the time of a seemingly very nice Wexican girl, to begin with. Actually he would have been better paired with that mad French one will all the tattoos. The Down lad and the Wexican would have been a better match

tinyk68 wrote: »
    I got engaged when I was 21 to my boyfriend who was also 21. We're now 50 and still married. Age and maturity aren't always the same thing.

Exception, not the rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,636 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kinda late but Tuey looks like the assistant from Moonlighting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

why do I think Phil's date would be savage in the sack, gave off that vibe all the same nice girl tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Exception, not the rule.

It is now , it wasn't then

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    It is now , it wasn't then

Sure same sex relationships were illegal them too.

Sure same sex relationships were illegal them too.

Yes i know that . At the time of that posters marriage it was not an exception . Which was my point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Exception, not the rule.

Given we are talking about nearly 30 years ago it would not have been that exceptional.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I remember that couple well, they seemed one of the few 'contestants' that immediately hit it off; they seemed tentative in the post-date chats, but you could tell they were pretty keen to see each other.

Delighted for the pair of them; who cares what age they are.

leestone wrote: »
    why do I think Phil's date would be savage in the sack, gave off that vibe all the same nice girl tho.

Probably the whole annual pilgrimage to Ibiza thing I'd say...

Different strokes and all that but that's an instant turnoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'd have to agree, the whole proudness of I go to Ibiza every year is very odd,Even more so when your 30 years of age,

Wow you go to the same holidays destination every year how fantastic ,

I got to say Ibiza was fun when your in your early 20's but its kip and nothing to be boasting about,

leestone wrote: »

She hinted that she was still a virgin.

• Advertisement

I'd have to agree, the whole proudness of I go to Ibiza every year is very odd,Even more so when your 30 years of age,

Wow you go to the same holidays destination every year how fantastic ,

I got to say Ibiza was fun when your in your early 20's but its kip and nothing to be boasting about,

Yeah, throw in the fact that Ibiza is a ****hole and not even a top party destination anymore and the fact she seemed alright with the fact a vodka costs 11 euro, you'd wonder what that fascination was about.

Yeah, throw in the fact that Ibiza is a ****hole and not even a top party destination anymore and the fact she seemed alright with the fact a vodka costs 11 euro, you'd wonder what that fascination was about.

I honestly think young people these days go to place's for instgram pics,

I'm sure half don't even enjoy it but have to pretend they love it to keep up appearance with the crowd,

Anyway that's a topic for a different thread,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

yeah the whole "I am 30 and go to Ibiza every year" is not something to be proud of

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

And wasted the time of a seemingly very nice Wexican girl, to begin with. Actually he would have been better paired with that mad French one will all the tattoos. The Down lad and the Wexican would have been a better match

great idea- if any producers are reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

great idea- if any producers are reading
    Well the Down lad is coming back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

gmisk wrote: »
    Well the Down lad is coming back....

They must be seriously short on male daters this season, he's the third repeat so far.

going to Ibiza every year is a turn off?:confused: why?

pgj2015 wrote: »
    going to Ibiza every year is a turn off?:confused: why?[/QUOTE

I think he is talking more about the culture of people who seem proud of it,
    It's just a holiday no big deal and to be fair Ibiza is a kip full of kids and she is 30

If you want to go on holidays to listen to dance music in the sun there are far better options than Ibiza,

Iv been a couple time myself in my early 20's and enjoyed it but nothing to be proud about its just a holiday and not some where I'd go back to ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I missed this Thursday but just seen Alexa there now and I don't care what anyone else thinks because he is beautiful and so is the French woman. I also have no problem with Tran woman and think they are brave and amazing people but the French woman did not look any way Trans. Cher I always thought looked Trans.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

going

If you want to go on holidays to listen to dance music in the sun there are far better options than Ibiza,

o ,

Where would be better?

Bowlardo wrote: »

Where would be better?

south America! Thailand! there's a good few but Ibiza does seem to be the mecca for this culture I think.

26 squids for a bleeding Gin and tonic though??????

Where would be better?

Berlin, Vegas, Dubai , LA, Sao Paulo, Bueno Aires , Seoul

Iv found all of the above to be better than Ibiza,
    Ibiza is tack & nack central and for kids,

Anyway that's a debate for a different Thread,

Berlin, Vegas, Dubai , LA, Sao Paulo, Bueno Aires , Seoul

Iv found all of the above to be better than Ibiza,
    Ibiza is tack & nack central and for kids,

Anyway that's a debate for a different Thread,

New York, London, Paris, Munich everybody talk about...………..

going to Ibiza every year is a turn off?:confused: why?[/QUOTE

I think he is talking more about the culture of people who seem proud of it,
    It's just a holiday no big deal and to be fair Ibiza is a kip full of kids and she is 30

Iv been a couple time myself in my early 20's and enjoyed it but nothing to be proud about its just a holiday and not some where I'd go back to ,

i suppose you are right, people that are 30 should never mix with people in their 20's:rolleyes:

The lad with the French wan is completely sh1tless over a plain wan from Cork, he’s actually sweating before he meets her and she insnt a patch on the French woman.

• Advertisement

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    The lad with the French wan is completely sh1tless over a plain wan from Cork, he’s actually sweating before he meets her and she insnt a patch on the French woman.

How do you know?

Yer man seems desperate or poor in social situations anyways despite people here saying he's the best looking fella that's ever been on.

i suppose you are right, people that are 30 should never mix with people in their 20's:rolleyes:

No ones said that

Just that there is nothing attractive in someone in there 30's making a pilgrimage to the kip which is Ibiza every year to party with people in the early 20's .

Each to there own but at 30 a lot of people would expect you to have grown out of that stage of life but what ever floats your boat,

No ones said that

Just that there is nothing attractive in someone in there 30's making a pilgrimage to the kip which is Ibiza every year to party with people in the early 20's .

Each to there own but at 30 a lot of people would expect you to have grown out of that stage of life but what ever floats your boat,

AKA become a boring fart who does all the normal boring things such as settle down and stop going out etc even though they are only 30.

no one should care if a 30 year old or 40 year old etc wants to go to Ibiza every year, maybe they are a bit jealous in a way.

AKA become a boring fart who does all the normal boring things such as settle down and stop going out etc even though they are only 30.

no one should care if a 30 year old or 40 year old etc wants to go to Ibiza every year, maybe they are a bit jealous in a way.

As I said whatever float your boats, If you like it fair enough if you don't fair enough ,

No one should care what anyone else does but if someone is looking for partner of course you will take into consideration what they like and what they don't .

I'm far from boring , I done all that in my 20's and enjoyed it but i'd have zero interest now,
    In fact I wouldn't go if it was free holiday just in a different frame of mind as I got older,

Nor should you care that others don't want to go and sit at home knitting .

• Advertisement
Advertisement