Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

pgj2015 wrote: »
    AKA become a boring fart who does all the normal boring things such as settle down and stop going out etc even though they are only 30.

no one should care if a 30 year old or 40 year old etc wants to go to Ibiza every year, maybe they are a bit jealous in a way.

There's not being an old fart and then there's trying to be a 20 year old and not growing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭pgj2015

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Nor should you care that others don't want to go and sit at home knitting .

i dont care if someone wants to sit at home knitting but i hate the attitude of some people who think clubbing at 30 + is abnormal.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    There's not being an old fart and then there's trying to be a 20 year old and not growing up.

i would love to go clubbing in Ibiza and im over 30, i in no way would try to be a 20 year old. im very much grown up, work very hard, run my own business but every few months i will go to a techno gig and let my hair down, not a thing wrong with it, it is what i enjoy to relax and let off some steam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

So, First Dates ehhhh? Anyone catch Dating Around on Netflix? Really enjoyed it!

Wonder will nordy fella fair better this week. That French girl was intriguing. I too thought at first she was transgender, but yeah, I wouldn't say no to testing out that thought first hand :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

i dont care if someone wants to sit at home knitting but i hate the attitude of some people who think clubbing at 30 + is abnormal.

Well you did call them boring old farts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Pussyhands wrote: »
    How do you know?

Yer man seems desperate or poor in social situations anyways despite people here saying he's the best looking fella that's ever been on.

A little bird told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

i would love to go clubbing in Ibiza and im over 30, i in no way would try to be a 20 year old. im very much grown up, work very hard, run my own business but every few months i will go to a techno gig and let my hair down, not a thing wrong with it, it is what i enjoy to relax and let off some steam.

Doing it the odd time fair enough, but being a 30 something that goes clubbing every weekend would not be for me,

Funny cause when you say the above some people get really defensive about it and call you a boring old fart instead of just saying fair enough each to there own . That alone tells you they themselves no it's not quite right ,

Doing it the odd time fair enough, but being a 30 something that goes clubbing every weekend would not be for me,

Funny cause when you say the above some people get really defensive about it and call you a boring old fart instead of just saying fair enough each to there own . That alone tells you they themselves no it's not quite right ,

it is right. i had a guy who was 22 tell me he needed to start thinking about settling down:pac:

i just dont get people like that, old before their time i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

it is right. i had a guy who was 22 tell me he needed to start thinking about settling down:pac:

Everyone is different guy might have had his fill of it which is faire enough,

In this country iv felt old and uncomfortable in clubs since my 28 birthday (which was along time ago) , I wouldn't step foot in one here,

I guess when im aboard or on holidays I don't care and go along,

That just me not a reflection on anyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I know a man that was 22 back in the late 90’s and decided to shack up with a separated woman who had 3 children, the oldest was only 10 years younger than him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Surely going back to the exact same place makes you a boring old fart, regardless that it happens to be a strip of crap nightclubs aimed at 20 somethings.
    There’s a bigger world out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Has anyone commenting on the girl’s choice of holiday ever actually set foot in Ibiza?

There’s more to it that the club scene. Old town Ibiza is fab for example.

Plenty on Ibiza for old farts and young uns alike ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Has anyone commenting on the girl’s choice of holiday ever actually set foot in Ibiza?

There’s more to it that the club scene. Old town Ibiza is fab for example.

Plenty on Ibiza for old farts and young uns alike ;):D

True. It's a beautiful place. Although Id say you'd be more likely to find your one singing karaoke in an Irish bar in San Antonio rather than hiking up the mountains for the views of the Balearics :D.

When someone says "ive been going to mallorca/tenerife/lanzarote every year for 20 years" they're usually part of the ole ole brigade. Afraid to venture beyond their 5 mile radius. Same hotels. Same restaurant. Same beach. Same pub. Going on holidays with their neighbours and only speaking to other Irish people. Awful depressing brand of person it has to be said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Is it easy to get the ride out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

leestone wrote: »
    Is it easy to get the ride out there?

ah it is, yeah.:pac:

Blonde waitress has started to annoy me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

24 with the dress sense of a 40 year old :D

She's well squeezed into that dress.

An Eastern European can't criticise us about spelling our names non-phonetically.

The bollix.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This lad is like something out of the hardy bucks.

Shes saucy as fook

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

rusty cole wrote: »
    Shes saucy as fook
    And as high maintenance as it gets

Hes like barack o bama and hes dad is extraordinarily intelligent...affs..gimmw a break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,551 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think they should either wear nametags or be given their dates name in the post a week before.

Thats what we brothers do best.....forget yo name yo...and
    address...and fone number...

• Advertisement

Christ.

Slight overreaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Limerick girl is nice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just tell him your name ya dope!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Ah Jees she didn't have to make a big deal out of it. Quick correction and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I quite liked the dont call me a chick chick until she said "I'm a feminist".......that's a straight red card! As for the male feminist high-5er......ugh, get over yourself pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Just tell him your name ya dope!

T!ts McGee

hes annoying but ffs give em a break...nerves ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Theyd be the worlds most annoying couple.

Also farmer and singer girl...he literally ticks every box she asked for and seems sound. If this doesnt work out id be shocked

Obama Junior couldn't lick her arse any more. Smell of want off him.

Smell o want....brilliant

Shes not a feminist shes a princess.

Anyone else seeing Carlton

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

he's such a muppet i cant bear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

A feminist?

More like a c u next Tuesday!

OMG their whole conversation has been about her name! Of course he forgot your name he met you ten seconds ago!!!

• Advertisement

Whos the wingnut shes consulting

This date is literally a PR exercise for when Macra na Feirme meets ICA. Abstinence and all for good measure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Sorry but this one with the name is an absolute ****, a total and utter cvnt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

The sweat pouring out of Carlton!!!

What a plonker, he shoulda been like “I was blinded by your massive.....personality”

Poor lad. She’s mental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

where are they getting these blokes they're all special

Whos the wingnut shes consulting

The wrong wingnut...they couldn't remember each other's names either :pac:

Here we go..20 mins in and the depression story now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

If that farmers date isn't working out I'll be heartbroken, it's so cute!

These lads probably cry after sex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Here we go..20 mins in and the depression story now...

His seems genuine though. A nice young man. Gentle and caring..

Advertisement