Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Ten Pin wrote: »
    "Are you a catperson"

No I'm a human being, thanks for asking

Snorty laugh! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Genuine struggles in life, and not a single air of regret or 'woe be me'
    between them. Older couples are always the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Genuine struggles in life, and not a single air of regret or 'woe be me'
    between them. Older couples are always the best.

It’s just the visuals....😝

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

A male friend....go way ouha that, luv....

We know what you want.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Old people date is so intense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

pgj2015 wrote: »
    all the waiters and bar staff are a serious pain in the arse.

Croatian guy is good, Canadian fella is annoying

Harry you fvcking stud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Chills. Actual chills.

Thought they were lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Tough at that age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Wonder how many times she dropped the word FRIEND in there lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Maybe because they're actually sincere about their intentions as opposed to beating around the bush.

Male friend???? Settle down there rose west...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Wonder how many times she dropped the word FRIEND in there lol

first two normal gay lads who were sound..great hair on the feckers too.

rusty cole wrote: »
    first two normal gay lads who were sound..great hair on the feckers too.

I didn’t remember a word from their date, something something nipples boom done and dusted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭dontpanic

That Down fella has very little confidence for a tall good looking lad. He’s a bit like Jamie Dornan but lack of confidence isn’t an attractive trait. She lovely but would be far lovelier without the caked tan makeup, hair extensions , lashes, veneers , it’s a bit too much !

I was thinking that too. gorgeous guy. needs a confidence boost though.

If I ever bump into him on the street I'll be asking for his number! :D

sittin in on me tod tonight with the dog so to those on the thread, ..you're aces in my book, good craic. see yiz again. :-)

sorry about the snowflakes who had to leave..precious maybe.

FRIENDZone .....we get it !!!! Major emphasis on “friends “ from Kerry lady

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Wait til Harry gets the few drinks into her. 'Where will I sleep Harry? I have a bed for you....'

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Tits Mcgee was quickly forgotton about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Cork girl is hawt.

Already seems more genuine than Frenchy last week.

Those trout lips are scary though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

Jez that Rosalyn one done herself no favours, precious princess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

badtoro wrote: »
    Jez that Rosalyn one done herself no favours, precious princess.

i see what you did there

rusty cole wrote: »
    this oul lad...fair feckin play to him in his 70's...he's like a toy story character though..the prospector..:D
    or a circus strongman.

A circus strongman, that made me laugh imagining him in some 1940’s style dungaree shorts lifting weights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Those trout lips are scary though.

That and she buys her make up in tins from B&Q

Anyone else not give one shlte about the forced flirtation between the waiter and the waitress? Like fcuk off with yourselves

They are actors, get it?

The Malone head wan with the farmer she lets him pay then lets him go first and shot him down, what a b1tch. The distance nonsense, she isn’t over in New York FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    The Malone head wan with the farmer she lets him pay then lets him go first and shot him down, what a b1tch. The distance nonsense, she isn’t over in New York FFS.

Ah I think distance is an ok reason, particularly if you've done it before. The bitch move is letting him go first if you know you're gonna say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

FRIENDZone .....we get it !!!! Major emphasis on “friends “ from Kerry lady

I get the feeling she wouldn't have said that she only came on First Dates for a friend if she had fancied him.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I get the feeling she wouldn't have said that she only came on First Dates for a friend if she had fancied him.

She is also a lady in her 70's, she is hardly likely to want to telegraph the fact that she's game ball for hoppin' in the scratcher, with a lad she's just met, to the whole nation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Whatever about the distances, I thought all dates were well matched with each other tonight, was very surprised that Cork lady and Down man didn't hit it off together.

I can understand why the Malin lady said the distance was too far, it can be upwards of 5 hours to do that journey and it can be a dealbreaker, especially if she is a bit of a home bird, she might be too young to consider spreading her wings just yet. They were perfectly matched in every other way.

Loved the old couple, great to see that.

Rosieannie or whatever her name is threw a great date away, he was well matched to her.

KevRossi wrote: »
    Whatever about the distances, I thought all dates were well matched with each other tonight, was very surprised that Cork lady and Down man didn't hit it off together.

I can understand why the Malin lady said the distance was too far, it can be upwards of 5 hours to do that journey and it can be a dealbreaker, especially if she is a bit of a home bird, she might be too young to consider spreading her wings just yet. They were perfectly matched in every other way.

Loved the old couple, great to see that.

Rosieannie or whatever her name is threw a great date away, he was well matched to her.

........surely Cork to Down is just as far as Malin to Kilkenny (is that where farmer was from?)........anyway my point being distance is a huge factor .

I live in Louth and most South Co Dubs say it’s too far away :rolleyes:

Cork lady was not that goodlooking. She was plastered with makeup.

Down lad is really bad with women for some reason. Seems like he doesn't have any confidence or tries too hard. The "I'm a big softie" statement. Yes I understand he'll think women like that in a man but it's something that has to be discovered, not told by yourself.

His jaw nearly dropped when she said she was a medical scientist and he said it was intimidating. FFS lad she's not a brain surgeon!

And can anyone tell me what the difference is between the old people being friends and being in a relationship? It's not like they'll be riding or having kids. Being friends is basically being together I'd say? But again, how would distance work? He's in Kildare, she's in Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Pussyhands wrote:
    And can anyone tell me what the difference is between the old people being friends and being in a relationship? It's not like they'll be riding or having kids. Being friends is basically being together I'd say? But again, how would distance work? He's in Kildare, she's in Kerry.

I'll hopefully be riding till the day I'm in the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,977 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Pussyhands wrote: »

In the UK, STD's amongst older people are on the rise as they think that because pregnancy is not a concern, there is no need to wear protection.

I think there was something in the news last week that they are going to distribute free condoms to over 60's.

Down lad is really bad with women for some reason. Seems like he doesn't have any confidence or tries too hard. The "I'm a big softie" statement. Yes I understand he'll think women like that in a man but it's something that has to be discovered, not told by yourself.

His jaw nearly dropped when she said she was a medical scientist and he said it was intimidating. FFS lad she's not a brain surgeon!

Was there anything real about the cork woman? Her accent was false (even though there was a hint of a cork accent in there somewhere) her hair had extensions her eye lashes were false her eyes were really weird and she had collegan enhanced lips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I got to say the one going on about here name would really annoy me ,

He meet you for the first time 5 minutes ago and was probably nervous as hell ,

She made most of the date about guessing her name and trying to portrait she was annoyed about it , its a first date for f*ck sake,

I think he got a lucky escape , I could only imagine the nonsense she would come up with to be annoyed at a partner , its almost like a power move , I'm annoyed so you better make it up nonsense,

I can honestly say if I was on first date and someone was like that I'd actually just get up and leave,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

She made most of the date about guessing her name and trying to portrait she was annoyed about it , its a first date for f*ck sake,

I think he got a lucky escape , I could only imagine the nonsense she would come up with to be annoyed at a partner , its almost like a power move , I'm annoyed so you better make it up nonsense,

I can honestly say if I was on first date and someone was like that I'd actually just get up and leave,

In fairness we see only a couple of minutes outof what could be a 45 minute to 1 hour date. The editors decided to just concentrate on the name thing. If they had not included that section at all you would probably have a different opinion of her.

• Advertisement

In fairness yer man seemed like someone who would tolerate her kind of **** for a sniff.

Constantly high fiving, apologising excessively.

Yer one was a fool though...immediately turning around to the couple beside her and saying he forgot her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Am I the only one hoping when Carlton went to the loo that he would leave her sitting there?
    I know things can be edited but she came across as an immature self absorbed full of her own importance princess. Poor guy was in a lather! Think he had a lucky escape - if that's what she's like on her best behaviour ie on a first date, televised, imagine what she'd be like in a relationship. Hard Work!

Am I the only one hoping when Carlton went to the loo that he would leave her sitting there?
    I know things can be edited but she came across as an immature self absorbed full of her own importance princess. Poor guy was in a lather! Think he had a lucky escape - if that's what she's like on her best behaviour ie on a first date, televised, imagine what she'd be like in a relationship. Hard Work!

He should have walked
    I would have 100%,
    First date and she starts that nonsense , see ye love,

and sure if she was a brain surgeon, president of a company etc, why would you be intimidated?? I don't get that at all. I know a few people with very good jobs and titles and you'd leave them to their own devices on a night out, very boring, very myopic in terms of conversation skills etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

That Down fella has very little confidence for a tall good looking lad. He’s a bit like Jamie Dornan but lack of confidence isn’t an attractive trait. She lovely but would be far lovelier without the caked tan makeup, hair extensions , lashes, veneers , it’s a bit too much !
    And the botox and lip fillers. How on earth is she only 30?! I'm 35 and I would have guessed she's about 40.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    And the botox and lip fillers. How on earth is she only 30?! I'm 35 and I would have guessed she's about 40.

You think she is bad you should see someone the townie young ones,
    24 /25 and been getting lips and Botox done so long they look like a someone cougar step ma, trying to be young,

can only imagine the hack of them when they hit 40th they will look like your one Goldie Hawn in Death becomes her,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Nobodysrobots

I usually record the show and fast forward any scenes involving the staff. They just seem to get more annoying every week.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

Yeah, and she was probably alright looking before it.. she'll have herself ruined..and she seemed quite nice too..

All that sh1te is probably why she doesn't get approached..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Haven't seen the episode but maybe his confidence with women is shot because they all friendzone him because he isn't confident enough for them? Kinda makes it a self fulfilling prophecy. Ironically there are plenty of men really confident and competent in every aspect of their lives but not around women, and plenty who are the reverse. Maybe if a woman gave him a chance he would grow into himself.

I just can't understand this attitude. What's so attractive about confidence anyway?

It mostly means it's someone who has been praised and spoiled from a very early age, has never achieved anything difficult and never had to make their own way in the world as an independent person, and who have slept around a lot.

There are confident people who have earned it - an extreme example is Conor McGregor - but for the most part a really confident young lad is a huge red flag. Maybe it makes sex better or something. Similar to a young wan with boob implants and botox.

Earned confidence is a different thing altogether. Like the difference between liposuction, fake boobs and tan and a fit body from a healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately many women can't tell the difference, I guess the same is true with men and the fake women thing....

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

That girl from Limerick made an awful deal about her date forgetting her name. Make a quick joke about it with him and move on ffs. Her dwelling on it changed the tone of the date after. It had seemed to be going ok before it. He was sweating bricks the poor lad. If it was their 10th date and he forgot her name I'd maybe worry then!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I can understand the complaints about the scenes with the restaurant staff, this is clearly trying to emulate the UK version. But honestly it doesn't bother me too much on the Irish one for some reason, in general the emphasis is much more on the actual dates themselves. Fred in the UK version, and all his nonsensical ramblings and musings about love drive me up the wall, I hope they never do that crap on our version.

• Advertisement
Advertisement