Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Why is she making such a big deal about travelling over from london? I've traveled over and back on the same day and done a days work in between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

She's difficult but she is very pretty.

The gay couple are both so lovely - really nice happy people, would make a great couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Why is she making such a big deal about travelling over from london? I've traveled over and back on the same day and done a days work in between.

Do you reckon that turned the tide on the date? Seems she was impressed by that 40 minute flight. haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Pussyhands wrote: »
    She kinda looks like Taylor Swift.

Shania Twain I think.

Donegal guy is licking up to her so bad. He'll do whatever it takes to impress her even if he has to act someone he's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Cant believe that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,551 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Those new mobile phone finger holding things are my new object of hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Do you reckon that turned the tide on the date? Seems she was impressed by that 40 minute flight. haha

I'm not convinced she knows where london is.

He's gonna need to buy his own plane with the flying back and forth.

• Advertisement

she gets stood up all the time was a fat ugly kid,cant see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

He thought he ballsed up calling her darling and it turns out she loved it.

The 2 boys giving handjobs under the covers :D:D:D

Lucky Git.

The older couple : she said she was a widow so she was probably left some money when her husband died, plus she is working . Fisherman from Dunmore said he had lost all his money in the crash , had sold his boat and was then forced back into fishing . He also seemed older than her..... and fishing can’t be easy at his age.
    He had travelled from Waterford and was also staying in a hotel overnight so this date cost him a lot .

I think under the circumstances she should have insisted on paying her way !! She was really quick to say no to him. Felt sorry for the man .

I don't think Dubai girl is as hot as she looks. Can definitely see her not being that goodlooking when younger. Think her makeup is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Anyone find the "After the show" Updates crap? They only seem to show if the couple's went out that night.... I wanna know what happened after 2 weeks plus!

Anyone find the "After the show" Updates crap? They only seem to show if the couple's went out that night.... I wanna know what happened after 2 weeks plus!

I'd say the majority don't go anywhere. I doubt Donegal & Dubai met up after that again. They're hardly goingto keep flying back and forth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Donegal lad fell on his feet somehow there despite being half cut by the looks of it. Called her darling which she loved for some reason. And flew in from London which seemed to impress her way more than it should have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

The older couple : she said she was a widow so she was probably left some money when her husband died, plus she is working . Fisherman from Dunmore said he had lost all his money in the crash , had sold his boat and was then forced back into fishing . He also seemed older than her..... and fishing can’t be easy at his age.
    He had travelled from Waterford and was also staying in a hotel overnight so this date cost him a lot .

I think under the circumstances she should have insisted on paying her way !! She was really quick to say no to him. Felt sorry for the man .

Most women fully expect not to have to pay but she could have let him down easier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The girl from 'Dubai' is painful...she is trying so hard to be the quirky sarcy funny girl, but it's coming across as quite nasty the Donegal is lovely he is clearly really nervous, and had a few shandys.

The gay couple very sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'm not convinced she knows where london is.
    I'm not convinced she knows where Dubai is...
    She strikes me as someone who was probably born there and hasn't lived there since she was about 2..but says it to make her sound more interesting, she is just so conciously quirky...zzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

God, that Kilkenny girl who’s from Dubai with the American accent is a complete head wrecker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    God, that Kilkenny girl who’s from Dubai with the American accent is a complete head wrecker

Ugh so pretentious!

And the comment about her being the 'ugly fat girl' as if shes a model now. Her hair looked awful in the interview part.

Dunno why she was making a huge deal about him taking a 40 min flight either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Thank God! I thought I was the only one finding "Dubai girl" very painful.

The gay couple were probably one of the best couples I've seen on the show. They just clicked right from the start. I would have been really shocked if either of them had said no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Thank God! I thought I was the only one finding "Dubai girl" very painful.

The gay couple were probably one of the best couples I've seen on the show. They just clicked right from the start. I would have been really shocked if either of them had said no.

I've forgotten what the update at the end said about the two men - did it just focus on the fact that they went on somewhere, or did it mention whether they're still seeing each other?
    They seemed smitten!
    I've never seen someone look as happy as the Polish guy was when he spotted his date arriving :D

dee_mc wrote: »
    I've forgotten what the update at the end said about the two men - did it just focus on the fact that they went on somewhere, or did it mention whether they're still seeing each other?
    They seemed smitten!
    I've never seen someone look as happy as the Polish guy was when he spotted his date arriving :D

It just said that they'd gone on somewhere else after the date I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I would’ve lived an update on Rory and Piotr, they had such a lovely date!

Aw, it didn't work out for Rory and Piotr :(
    Rory has a new man in his life and Piotr is still single.

https://entertainment.ie/tv/tv-news/first-dates-irelands-rory-and-peter-give-an-update-on-what-happened-after-that-amazing-date-393003/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

Awh the two guys date was lovely to watch. Pity it didn't work out for them.
    Piotr was a tad full on though:D

I hope they bring the fisherman back again for another chance with somebody. He seemed like a real gentleman.

Dubai girl was a bit strange. Offended at one comment and then ultra impressed with being called darling. wtf is that about

What was with the girl & the comment about him not having any tracksuits?
    Is that really what she's looking for, or was it some sort of bad way of letting him down??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

I usually record the show and fast forward any scenes involving the staff. They just seem to get more annoying every week.

Particularly that Alice one. ITS NOT ABOUT YOU, ALICE. If she was my waitress, I'd go to a different place.

I like the interaction with the waiters.

When I'm out I'll have a chat with the staff too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I would’ve lived an update on Rory and Piotr, they had such a lovely date!

if you know any gay man just ask him for an update on rory and piotr, seeing as it seems every gay man knows each other in ireland.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    seeing as it seems every gay man knows each other in ireland.

I had to stop myself posting this last night..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

gmisk wrote: »
    The girl from 'Dubai' is painful...she is trying so hard to be the quirky sarcy funny girl, but it's coming across as quite nasty the Donegal is lovely he is clearly really nervous, and had a few shandys.

It's like she read the definition of 'manic pixie dream girl' and decided to embody it. The date was unbearably awkward until he called her darlin'.

She seems to have really taken his flying over from London as a reflection on herself, which is odd seeing as it was a blind date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

The girl from Dubai had a real Irish accent,
    The girl that turned down the lad that did not own a tracksuit, I could not understand that, I thought it is the person she was judging, not what he had in his wardrobe

It was like she couldn't fault him in any other way.

Maybe the tracksuit thing was just a joke, but it was a random aul thing to come out with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

So according to Piotr/Peter’s video, himself and and Rory just went on for a meal later that night, and then decided not to peruse it.

Obviously we’re not privy to what goes on off camera, but these two lads practically had love hearts in their eyes looking at each other. If they can’t make it work, is there any hope! I’m a single women looking for love, and it depresses me how many people seem to really click and you have high hopes for, only to find out they never even saw each other again! Is it saying something about dating in general in Ireland now, or is it just the types of people who go on this show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

"Dubai accent". Ehhh, nah I don't think so. What a strange individual.

• Advertisement

but these two lads practically had love hearts in their eyes looking at each other. If they can’t make it work, is there any hope! I’m a single women looking for love, and it depresses me how many people seem to really click and you have high hopes for, only to find out they never even saw each other again! Is it saying something about dating in general in Ireland now, or is it just the types of people who go on this show?!

I was surprised that those two didn't work out either.
    It would have been taped a few months ago, so maybe they did actually date for a while.
    Then when the show was due to be aired, the update was that they were not together. maybe.

I think some people are only going on the show to promote themselves in some way, but it is sad to see how some daters barely give the other person a chance at getting to know them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

So according to Piotr/Peter’s video, himself and and Rory just went on for a meal later that night, and then decided not to peruse it.

Definitely found that one weird. What could have happened between the end of the date to a meal later for them to go 'ah, I couldn't be bothered'. I get people just saying that they will go for a second date in order not to embarrass the other, but those two were fairly careless with the word 'love' throughout the date. Really strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

https://evoke.ie/2019/03/10/showbiz/philly-tallafornias-baby-photoshoot

Philly is back with the mother of his new son.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

What a poser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

That photoshoot looks really cheap and tacky.
    I'm sorry if that sounds awful but seriously, the poses, the lighting, the gazes to camera... it couldn't look less natural, and it couldn't be any more obvious that the shoot isn't about the baby, it's about redeeming Phil's image (just like his second appearance of First Dates).
    Hopefully he'll take a step back now and stop trying to... I dunno, whatever it is that he's trying to achieve here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭KevRossi

VIPIrelandPicture-Ref200238-copy.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe a window to their left and a plane flew pass distracting their attention away from photographer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Maybe a window to their left and a plane flew pass distracting their attention away from photographer.

In Tallaght???

In Tallaght???
    I wasnt serious, nobody seen a plane in the sky in Tallaght?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I wasnt serious, nobody seen a plane in the sky in Tallaght?

Well, just the Air Corps doing some strafing practice.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement