Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭KevRossi

God, people from Cork shouldn't be allowed on television..

I agree.

free-hand-jobs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

I watched that earlier. I'd strongly suspect the personal trainer was simply on the show to boost her Instagram followers. That date was filmed during the Summer and she then moved to Dubai in August! She was never hanging around. That poor chap was just a stooge.

A bit harsh, but looking at her social media, I'm guessing their is some sort of 'benefactor' behind the scenes paying for all her travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭pgj2015

is it me or does anyone find the whole gym obsessed instagram people as bad as the vegans? they all have the exact same instagrams, same poses, same lame "inspirational" quotes,pictures of every meal they eat throughout the day,picture of a mountain, sun set etc

we get it you like to work out,have you anything else going on in your life?, they are as boring to me as someone who keeps banging on about how great they are because they dont eat meat. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

pgj2015 wrote: »
    is it me or does anyone find the whole gym obsessed instagram people as bad as the vegans? they all have the exact same instagrams, same poses, same lame "inspirational" quotes,pictures of every meal they eat throughout the day,picture of a mountain, sun set etc

we get it you like to work out,have you anything else going on in your life?, they are as boring to me as someone who keeps banging on about how great they are because they dont eat meat. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Couldn’t agree with you more. There should be a ban on any personal trainers on next years show. Maybe the only people who want to go on it now are people who are looking for a bit of coverage and not looking for love

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Yes. "I'm always on instagram...I have to be for my job".

More like you always are on instagram and love taking photos of yourself so you decided to make it your job.

And regarding yer wans instagram? How would that grow her instagram? I didn't hear her username mentioned. But yeah, most on it now are looking for publicity or make a name for themselves. What's she doing in Dubai?

Actually just reading she had an interview with the sun, yeah defo just looking for followers and business.
    And she insists she’s good inspiration for her clients as she can "relate" to their struggle to lose weight.

The people who used to be fat and became thin and personal trainers make out loosing weight is akin to climbing Everest or something. if you are a young overweight person, it is pretty easy to loose weight, you start to exercise, ditch the fast food and start eating a healthy diet. I am slim and i haven't done any exercise in about 3 months, i just eat healthy food. its really simple really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I wonder is there a "what do you not want the person to be" in the application form.
    My top 3 no-no's would be
    1. Vegan
    2. Blogger/Insta obsessed
    3. Relgious/athiest nut.

The people who used to be fat and became thin and personal trainers make out loosing weight is akin to climbing Everest or something. if you are a young overweight person, it is pretty easy to loose weight, you start to exercise, ditch the fast food and start eating a healthy diet. I am slim and i haven't done any exercise in about 3 months, i just eat healthy food. its really simple really.

I'd even question whether many of them are overweight in the sense of the way they are making it out to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Yeah i hate this craze.....anyone know her instagram username so i can research just how bad she is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I seen a funny meme that went like this
    " imagine Instagram was closed tomorrow and BOOM your no longer a model / influencer / !!!!!!!!! "

I seen a funny meme that went like this
    " imagine Instagram was closed tomorrow and BOOM your no longer a model / influencer / !!!!!!!!! "

You'd wonder where all these bloggers and influencers will be in 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I never understand why people who are in good shape and post about it online suddenly think they are the authority on things like mental health and being successful in life. There are people in prison in great shape its not some amazing feat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Pussyhands wrote: »
    You'd wonder where all these bloggers and influencers will be in 10 years.

Unemployed but in great shape

• Registered Users Posts: 8 peewee09

I'm a PT/Gym Instructor, personally cannot stand these people. I'm in decent shape myself, but no one needs to or will ever see me posing online anywhere. Pure vanity!!! These PT's forget that our job is all about helping people reach an improved state of fitness/personal goals and not about how defined our own six packs are. The only exception i make for this is if a trainer is going into some educational joint or muscle movement/kinesiology explanations, but these are rare enough. As for the quotes, i suppose what ever gets you through the day.

Maybe I'm wrong in all this, its a real annoyance for me and to be honest it makes me sometimes wonder about the whole fitness industry.

• Advertisement

peewee09 wrote: »
    I'm a PT/Gym Instructor, personally cannot stand these people. I'm in decent shape myself, but no one needs to or will ever see me posing online anywhere. Pure vanity!!! These PT's forget that our job is all about helping people reach an improved state of fitness/personal goals and not about how defined our own six packs are. The only exception i make for this is if a trainer is going into some educational joint or muscle movement/kinesiology explanations, but these are rare enough. As for the quotes, i suppose what ever gets you through the day.

Maybe I'm wrong in all this, its a real annoyance for me and to be honest it makes me sometimes wonder about the whole fitness industry.

Yeah I know one guy who owns a gym and the things he puts up online are nutrition, bits of info, the mental side of it.....none of this arse turned sideways into a mirror pose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Yeah i hate this craze.....anyone know her instagram username so i can research just how bad she is...

miss_motivated_maniac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is last nights episode repeated at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

just caught up on the show.

oh my god, Katie after getting a no was sooo sad to watch.

Like most people would just try brush it off, but she seemed to take it so bad. Quiet in the lift, and the other girl didn't really know where to look.
    I felt so bad for her.
    I hope she find's someone, because taking away the phone issue, she seemed like a bit of a buzz

its funny how some of the daters get so attached so quickly, same with the soldier and PT couple. you shouldn't invest so much in someone you met for the first time an hour ago.

• Advertisement

they had so much in common though.
    Isn't that the point of dating. you are looking for someone with a few things in common with as starting grounds, to then build on.

I get a bit too into that show. I want everyone to end up together:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Saw her instacringe page. Can't stand anyone posing with their phone in hand. There is zero talent on that page. It's all a con, to make themselves feel relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That vegan from Slovakia was a pain in the hoop.

Loved the American fella and the red head lady both seemed like really nice people as well.

My heart broke for the lesbian, but for the love of God turn off your phone incredibly rude, her date should have the decency to go first if she is going to say no.

The woman who looked like a young Cher is so pretty, I thought her fella was maybe a bit dry for her, but they seemed a good match, shame she shipped out.

and what is it with some people letting the other person(the men) pay for the date when they are not going to see them again.
    It's such a nasty thing to do.
    I don't mind if your not into them, but jesus pay for your own food so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Infonovice wrote: »
    and what is it with some people letting the other person(the men) pay for the date when they are not going to see them again.
    It's such a nasty thing to do.
    I don't mind if your not into them, but jesus pay for your own food so!

It shows the misery of some people in the public light. Sick thing to do to someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

When it comes to the Instagram emery’s my opinion is let them off. Not hurting anyone and as long as they are not hurting anyone up to them.

I agree with the vegetarian thing. I’d love if they said I don’t see what I like on the menu but would love a mushroom risotto if that ok with the chef. Saying what they don’t like just means they won get what they want. Also anyone who bangs on about something like vegetarianism or a cause is boring to me. Of course discuss interests but when everything revolves around that it shows a two dimensional side. Also on a first date it shouldn’t be so heavy.

Never understand the offense taking by allowing a guy pay for the date if you know you aren’t seeing them again. Happens every day of the week and it’s not done out of spite. Now if she was a b1tch I probably would let them if they offered but if she was nice but no spark or if she wasn’t into me it wouldn’t bother me if I paid.

I am the opinion that you can have a lightning bolt on the date but wouldn’t be such a puppy dog like some of the daters. Never comes across as attractive.

So Joe, if you were on the dating scene and were lucky enough to have a date every weekend for a month, would you be ok with paying for each of those dates in full?
    at around €150 a go

So Joe, if you were on the dating scene and were lucky enough to have a date every weekend for a month, would you be ok with paying for each of those dates in full?
    at around €150 a go

It doesn’t bother me paying for dates. But probably a meal wouldn’t be my first choice of first date. But if I had a good time and they weren’t a b1tch then yeah I’d pay and wouldn’t think twice.

If we met for drinks and they didn’t offer me one I’d find that strange and annoying. But dinner would be my treat. Now if they offered and I said I’d get it but insisted then up to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Has the girl (in a male/female date) ever paid for the whole cost of the date?
    Genuine question

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Has the girl (in a male/female date) ever paid for the whole cost of the date?
    Genuine question

On the U.K. one I know the guy forgot his wallet and the girl had to pay. He said he’d transfer the money. Maybe it was a clever way of seeing her again. Mortifying though.

• Advertisement

at around €150 a go

Where are you getting €150 for a date for two people ?
    If it’s a first date one or two drinks is fine. I’d never do dinner on a first date .
    Drink or coffee is best, certainly doesn’t cost €150?

Ryan and instaposer were guaranteed to say yes right after seeing each other. He was creaming himself saying she looked amazing several times. She was over hugging him a second time after getting the pressies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

rusty cole wrote: »
    id tell that alan carr in a fat suit to fook off with her fone!!

Ah now that's a bit cruel.
    What has Alan Carr ever done to you? :D

In all honesty though, if I was on a date with someone who was that bloody rude I'd be telling them where they could shove their phone, and they're bringing her back again next season.

I absolutely loved Cork dog groomer. Real Cork man, wasn't taking any ****e from the vegan. Seemed like a nice guy. They should bring him back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Alice with a stone off would be nicer.

Is Alice the waitress/actress? I'd worry for her if she lost a stone.

Ffs, nothing worse than someone trying to influence what you eat.

He would definitely have gone on a second date if she had said yes. Why would anybody subject themselves to that? And I don't think she was joking about forcing her dogs on a vegan diet.

What was the craic with the two claiming they had 'crazy' laughs? They were just normal laughs

Achasanai wrote: »
    Is Alice the waitress/actress? I'd worry for her if she lost a stone.

No, red-haired girl paired with Hammy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

joeguevara wrote: »
    It doesn’t bother me paying for dates. But probably a meal wouldn’t be my first choice of first date. But if I had a good time and they weren’t a b1tch then yeah I’d pay and wouldn’t think twice.

If we met for drinks and they didn’t offer me one I’d find that strange and annoying. But dinner would be my treat. Now if they offered and I said I’d get it but insisted then up to them.

Your "treat". I think that word is a misnomer. You didn't make the dinner or have anything to do with the making of it, other people did.

You paid for it, great. It's not like everyone has the same financial means.

Where are you getting €150 for a date for two people ?
    If it’s a first date one or two drinks is fine. I’d never do dinner on a first date .
    Drink or coffee is best, certainly doesn’t cost €150?

a few of the daters had mentioned the menu being expensive. so I just presumed it would total to that amount.

I suppose in reality you wouldn't go for a three course meal with drinks for a first date.

I'm female by the way and I wouldn't let someone pay the bill in full if I wasn't going to see them them.
    I'd maybe let them pay only if I would see them again, and i'd pay the next bill.

unless the man was really really insistent on paying. In that case, i'm not going to get into an argument about it, but i'd at least try to pay my way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

People aren't annoying "because they are vegan" or "because they are personal trainers."

They are annoying because of the way the try to push their opinions down other people's throats.

That's not limited to vegans. There might be something you're passionate about that you go on and on about, wrecking people's heads. Have a think about what you waffle on about and ask yourself if it might be wrecking other people's heads. It's not only people who are vegan that do that.

Most vegans don't talk about it actually - unless asked to, which happens far more than you might realise. And even then, a lot of them are reluctant to talk about it because they're afraid of being judged the way they see other vegans being judged for talking about it.

I really wish people would stop assuming that just because some people who are vegan are annoying, that means that all people who are vegan are annoying - because the fact is that that is not a logical conclusion, so people should stop treating it as if it is.

The same with the "personal trainers." It doesn't happen nearly as much with personal trainers as it does with vegans, but it's the same situation. A huge amount of them don't shove their lifestyle down other people's throats, or think they're the sh*t because of their personal lifestyle. Most of them are probably sound and get on with their lives and their businesses without shoving their arse out to the side on Instagram 7 days a week or posting photos of plates of aubergine spaghetti with a misspelled "inspirational" quote.

TL;DR I wish people would stop tarring everyone with the same brush.

And finally, just to get it off my chest, as someone already said, the irritating people on Instagram who think they're in the "fitness" industry are horrific. You're not an expert on health just because you have a six pack. Who told these people that they were?

Rant over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I was surprised they put such a strict vegan, with a meat lover, the guy says he don't eat veg, otherwise they would have been a great match, but I can see both sides,
    She would be better off with a vegan
    She did say her three dogs are vegan also

I think that was the whole point Goat. (edit. the point of them being polar opposites with their food choices)
    he handled himself well though.
    he just laughed it off and stuck to what he likes himself.
    It was a pity because I liked them together

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The girl reeling off all the counties was cringe. That's something that a 9 year old does.

Your "treat". I think that word is a misnomer. You didn't make the dinner or have anything to do with the making of it, other people did.

You paid for it, great. It's not like everyone has the same financial means.

Jesus you want to make a mountain out of anything.

How do you know someone's a vegan? They tell you.

If I don't eat fish, I don't go around telling people I don't eat fish.

Being vegan is a dietary choice, not a lifestyle like they try to make it out like! You always see vegans putting up on tinder or instagram how they're vegan. I don't see people doing that for other things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Vegans remind me of that IPhone joke from years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Just watched it having read the thread 1st, don’t get the hate for the Insta girl, they got on well, had a few dates, she got a job elsewhere, unfortunate- these things happen

How do you know someone's a vegan? They tell you.

If I don't eat fish, I don't go around telling people I don't eat fish.

Being vegan is a dietary choice, not a lifestyle like they try to make it out like! You always see vegans putting up on tinder or instagram how they're vegan. I don't see people doing that for other things.

it's actually the opposite Pussy.

Plant based, is the dietary choice.
    Veganism is a philosophy and a way of living.
    It's much deeper than a way of eating. That is why so many vegans will mention it at some point. It means a lot to them.

Although it's not really a good idea to criticize someone on their meal on a first date.
    The same way as if you were health conscious, you shouldn't criticize the big greasy burger your date orders.

If your life values don't match up, just simply don't date them again and move on.
    Or be VERY clear before the date, that that is not what you would like in a dater.

DareGod wrote: »
    People aren't annoying "because they are vegan" or "because they are personal trainers."

Similar to the guy a few episodes back whose 'passion' was politics. Didn't matter that the girl had no interest, but he would constantly steer the conversation back towards his own particular passion/obsession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

it's actually the opposite Pussy.

Plant based, is the dietary choice.
    Veganism is a philosophy and a way of living.
    It's much deeper than a way of eating. That is why so many vegans will mention it at some point. It means a lot to them.

Although it's not really a good idea to criticize someone on their meal on a first date.
    The same way as if you were health conscious, you shouldn't criticize the big greasy burger your date orders.

If your life values don't match up, just simply don't date them again and move on.
    Or be VERY clear before the date, that that is not what you would like in a dater.

Made me laugh that her dogs were vegan ! As if they had chosen it .

• Advertisement
Advertisement