Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Anywhere I can re watch the new season from the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Made me laugh that her dogs were vegan ! As if they had chosen it .

yeah i'm not sure how I feel about that one myself.
    believe me, it's a hot topic even within the vegan community whenever that is brought up.
    guaranteed uproar

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Anywhere I can re watch the new season from the start

RTE player.
    not sure how far back the episodes would be available still.
    but that's where you can try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Infonovice wrote: »
    yeah i'm not sure how I feel about that one myself.
    believe me, it's a hot topic even within the vegan community whenever that is brought up.
    guaranteed uproar

Whatever about dogs, I believe they could survive a vegan diet, why someone would do that is beyond me.
    But if they mentioned doing that to a cat, it will kill them!

There are vegan cats too:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Infonovice wrote: »
    There are vegan cats too:D

There shouldn't be. Cats are obligate carnivores and will suffer hugely on a vegan diet.

Reminds me of that idiot who had a fennec fox as a pet (stupid idea 1) and was feeding it a vegan diet (stupid idea 2). The poor thing was literally wasting away in front of her and she refused point blank to change its diet.

I've no issue with veganism but idiots like yer woman who force their diet on carnivore or omnivore animals give me so much rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I've no issue with vegans if they'd just shut up about it. We get it, you don't eat meat, once you don't fly and undo all that good work, knock yourself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I've no issue with vegans if they'd just shut up about it. We get it, you don't eat meat, once you don't fly and undo all that good work, knock yourself out.

Yeah exactly. Just order the ****ing veggies off the menu. Don't harp on that you don't like the menu because there's so much meat on it.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Yeah exactly. Just order the ****ing veggies off the menu. Don't harp on that you don't like the menu because there's so much meat on it.

If I walked in and had been paired with a vegan, I'd probably have got up and walked straight up to the camera and said "we're not meeting again".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭KevRossi

If I walked in and had been paired with a vegan, I'd probably have got up and walked straight up to the camera and said "we're not meeting again".

Surely that would be "we're not meating again". :D

• Advertisement

KevRossi wrote: »
    Surely that would be "we're not meating again". :D

You couldn't even say "nice to meet you" at the start before they'd retort "I'm vegan".....

I was browsing facebook earlier and a link from rte of the show 2 weeks ago came up. It was showing a clip from John (the showbands guy) and his date. He was actually posting in the comment section himself!

unfortunately they never met up a second time he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

A girl i know through facebook is vegan (fine) but posted a screenshot of her tracking down farmers on donedeal that were selling equipment for cattle etc and harassing them with comments like 'they belong with their mother... Do you realise what you are doing etc'

Literally going looking for trouble. Lost respect for her after that. Thought vegans would be the first ones to say respect others wishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I was browsing facebook earlier and a link from rte of the show 2 weeks ago came up. It was showing a clip from John (the showbands guy) and his date. He was actually posting in the comment section himself!

unfortunately they never met up a second time he said.

Distance was an issue there, wasn't it?
    I don't get why they match people from opposite ends of the country.
    It makes little sense.
    Well and good if it's your own choice with online dating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Those backpack bags belong to the classroom or a day trip and have no place on a date, however convienent they be may as a handbag.

Another gay couple who know each other.....

Paddy and Selma.

The 52-year old sister looks far better than the 37-year old. More natural anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Kaleb Quick Handshake

not going swimmingly with the girls

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

There should have an alternative version to this called "Normal first dates", with normal people!

• Advertisement

Two sisters looking for the D

The blonde girl from Kerry is coming across as a tad defensive and hostile.
    Almost listing the reasons nobody would want her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Sinead 37? No way, add 10 to that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Posh version of the scissor sisters

That girl Nora was on Don't tell the bride a few years ago, married a pretty girl with dark hair as far as I remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Sinead 37? No way, add 10 to that.

And a couple of silicone’s to boot

• Advertisement

I'd hop on the blonde 52 year old. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

The poor lad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Blonde girl from Kerry has a very bad attitude so far. She seems a bit passive aggressive.
    Her date seems lovely and is making an effort despite the hostility.

Very awkward with the guy thinking the sisters were mother and daughter, though who could blame him!

Run while he has a chance.

I can foresee either sister being overintrusive on the others life.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

They should have warned him he was going to face two women. Poor chap didnt know what was going on

• Advertisement

They should have warned him he was going to face two women. Poor chap didnt know what was going on

They had to tell him twice they were sisters and I still don’t think he believes them!!

ok so she got married on TV now TV is where she feels her new life should start cos we're all entitled to see it..loadsa reflective surfaces in her gaff anyway..
    she's mad about herself or fancies a TV career....surprise.......

them two yolks from malahide are like the stygian witches from clash O'de Titans!!! the eye...the eye...the all seeing eyyeeee!!! :eek:

They had to tell him twice they were sisters and I still don’t think he believes them!!

He's still looking at her funny :pac:

blonde one Is a pain....she thinks she's just out of leaving cert..

ok she fostered two kids and he is in the army(was) and navy... scrap my last comments...two very interesting people so I'm sorry for judging too soon.

her sister is still a stygian witch though :D

Yeah the younger sister doesn't come across any better after the blonde's weight-loss story.

Vanity.

Baz will definitely go for Elaine!!!

yeah she insisted on the bill....edit ll surprised she agreed to another date.....she's a pain...and whats the issue with the age...

Nora needs to relax big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Blonde sister is having the gin-ochi (gnocchi) :D
    All jokes aside, she and her date both seem pure sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

What on earth did the tipp lass see in that oddball

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Some ducking weapon is Nora

I don't think it'll work out for them. I doubt the 26 year old has much experience, she seems slightly immature or something.

The 26 year old should have said “actually, your alright but I actually don’t want to see you again”

What a nasty attitude the blonde had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Where you a bad boyfriend? What a c**t

I don't think it'll work out for them. I doubt the 26 year old has much experience, she seems slightly immature or something.

I thought the opposite, the 26 year old seemed more emotionally mature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Vicky is far more mature and level headed than Nora despite being 6 years older.
    She’s also stunning, what a beautiful smile and dimples!

Don’t know why Nora even came on the show she doesn’t seem ready or interested to meet anyone at all.

Feel very sorry for Sineads story but a very heavy topic for a first date imo.
    Might be unpopular but I don’t see why people bring up stories like that to strangers.
    There is no bond or closeness with the guy yet so he undoubtedly just feels awkward cause he doesn’t know what to respond or how to comfort her.
    A horrific thing to happen but not first date conversation material in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Fcuk me....Gave her a savage beating!! Hope he rots in prison. What a scumbag.

Hello Olivia.

Unreal body.

• Advertisement

Thats a stunning dress!

Advertisement