Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

his teeth can be seen from hook head lighthouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,172 ✭✭✭893bet

Arran is as dull as dishwater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

893bet wrote: »

He has a face I want to punch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

She's way too good for him. He seems like a fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Kaleb Quick Handshake

is colm o Gorman on next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

JeffKenna wrote: »
    He has a face I want to punch

Can’t trust someone who is constantly grinning.

"They became good friends" aka they were banging. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Aran and Olivia will have beautiful babies.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

The filth i’d Do to ur wan Olivia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Pussyhands wrote: »
    She's way too good for him. He seems like a fool.

He's a jammy git is what he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭memorystick

The black haired lesbian is pretty hot. Olivia not bad but boring. I'd say she watches all the soaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Aran and Olivia will have beautiful babies.

One of which will become a serial killer known as ‘The Smiler’, known for cutting a joker smile from ear to ear on their victims!!

Aran is proof you can get by without a personality.

"do you like inspirational quotes"

"flowers are flowers"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

893bet wrote: »

And very self satisfied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Kaleb Quick Handshake

Aran is proof you can get by without a personality.

"do you like inspirational quotes"

"flowers are flowers"

basically he's a good looking man and despite having the personality of a shoe, he wont have problems attracting a partner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭pgj2015

the "37" year old sister wont be happy until she is back with some piece of $hit who beats her, cheats on her, drinks too much, is known to the police etc the guy had a lucky escape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Bit of a turnaround tonight when the man let the woman pay the bill and then turned her down.

this might get me banned but arran had a big ben aflek type smug date rape head on 'em.. tell them what they want to hear and high five the frat boys later.

I agree, yer wan CHYNA from WWE looks predisposed to chasing these "bad boy women bashers" so yer man chris martin/david bowie is better off away from her.

if I had a wish twould be to be a fly on the wall later at the gay female couples hotel ;) ggiggidy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The brown haired lesvoan was seemed so nice and far to mature for the older blonde girl

Aran good looking chap but was really struggling to chat to Olivia who was a stunner , It was painful to watch at times

rusty cole wrote: »
    this might get me banned but arran had a big ben aflek type smug date rape head on 'em.. tell them what they want to hear and high five the frat boys later.

I agree, yer wan CHYNA from WWE looks predisposed to chasing these "bad boy women bashers" so yer man chris martin/david bowie is better off away from her.

if I had a wish twould be to be a fly on the wall later at the gay female couples hotel ;) ggiggidy

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

WWE Chyna - brilliant!!!!!

I agree. Aran did have a creepy vibe off him. Can imagine he's used pick up artists lines and methods. He walks home from work smiling at randomers?

His "do you like inspirational quotes" was a forced line, almost a trick to make out he was deep and meaningful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

rusty cole wrote: »

I agree, yer wan CHYNAfrom WWE

Had to Google that, spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

basically he's a good looking man and despite having the personality of a shoe, he wont have problems attracting a partner

That’s how shallow things have gone in this country.

That’s how shallow things have gone in this country.

Everywhere ;)

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0322/1037741-first-dates-couples-dates-much-more-interesting-now/

Little follow up of Olivia and Aran...

I'm really wondering why it took them months and months to date. She talks about the date as being great and how she was really really comfortable like being with family and friends yet they didn't meet for months after?

The show said "they became good friends". I doubt that. Aran said in the clip above he couldn't say what he liked best about her after 2 months because they hadn't been talking.

I'd hazard a wild guess and say Olivia or both of them decided to get together before the show aired as they wanted to get more airtime. She's in "fashion" which probably means some element of being a "social influencer" so being a familiar face would get more likes etc.

Maybe I'm completely wrong about that but considering the show was recorded last summer, they don't seem like they are dating that long.
    "Who knows what will happen?", Olivia added. "We're very much live in the moment kind of people, for this moment now, we're enjoying it, we're having fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭blueberrypie

I really wish First dates would stop the "banter" and chat between the staff, its so forced and unnatural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

If I was going to say no, I'd say no to them in the bar afterwards or in the week after, not in front of the cameras.
    Its easy to say "it just didn't work out", or "we're friends".

If I was going to say no, I'd say no to them in the bar afterwards or in the week after, not in front of the cameras.
    Its easy to say "it just didn't work out", or "we're friends".

I don't agree.
    You're giving someone false hope to say you'll see them a week later.
    Nip it in the bud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Do the staff work in the hotel or are they just there when filming the show?

Do the staff work in the hotel or are they just there when filming the show?

I heard the main guy (can't remember his name/Matteo?) being interviewed on the radio a few weeks ago,

He works in another restaurant, and also has a wine business. The show is filmed over a 2 week period, and he said he's only there for that 2 weeks. I'm not sure about the waiting & kitchen staff, as well as the barman.

I'd assume the kitchen staff are full time at the Gibson.

Didn't someone mention a while back that the blonde waitress was an actress or something? so again, you might presume she and the others are just there for the 2 weeks of filming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0322/1037741-first-dates-couples-dates-much-more-interesting-now/

I'm really wondering why it took them months and months to date. She talks about the date as being great and how she was really really comfortable like being with family and friends yet they didn't meet for months after?

The show said "they became good friends". I doubt that. Aran said in the clip above he couldn't say what he liked best about her after 2 months because they hadn't been talking.

I'd hazard a wild guess and say Olivia or both of them decided to get together before the show aired as they wanted to get more airtime. She's in "fashion" which probably means some element of being a "social influencer" so being a familiar face would get more likes etc.

Maybe I'm completely wrong about that but considering the show was recorded last summer, they don't seem like they are dating that long.

Their date was cringe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

pgj2015 wrote: »
    the "37" year old sister wont be happy until she is back with some piece of $hit who beats her, cheats on her, drinks too much, is known to the police etc the guy had a lucky escape.

Yeh, can't stand these wans' with their "I like bad boys." Ok, like away you fooking weapon...

I sometimes find it hard to sympathize with some women in domestic violent relationships....I abhor anyone being violent against anyone, but so much of the time the victims won't change their "behaviors and choices." They keep knocking around with scum...

I knew it! They said they're going starting a podcast! :rolleyes:

Faaaaaake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Ohhh look at me, I like bad boys who wear tracksuit. Your just not my type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Olivia absolutely sensational. Stunning. Dress very sexy too. Nice eyes

Yerman an absolute moron but good looking so he wins!

The blond lesbian had such a doninatrix vibe. Sit down and shut up. And "im the boss". Jaysus.

Wasnt the old fella with the blond sister on it before? Familiar head on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The blond lesbian had such a doninatrix vibe. Sit down and shut up. And "im the boss". Jaysus.

She was a nasty piece of work. If anyone said that to me on a first date (or any date) I would honestly get up and leave.

She kept making a big deal too about the 'big' age difference. 6 years for crying out loud. I wouldn't even call that an age gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

In relation to Nora and the whole age difference thing, I wish her date had asked her what age group she had put down. I'd imagine she wouldn't have been paired with a 26 year old unless she had put that age group down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

jellybear wrote: »
    In relation to Nora and the whole age difference thing, I wish her date had asked her what age group she had put down. I'd imagine she wouldn't have been paired with a 26 year old unless she had put that age group down.

She did ask that question, and Nora didn't answer her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

dee_mc wrote: »
    She did ask that question, and Nora didn't answer her.

I must have missed that but I'm surprised I did because I was willing her to ask :D

ETA- the pedant in me just had to check this so I watched their date back and she never asked her. Nora said "What age group did you put down?" but her date never asked her the same question back. It really was an awkward start to the date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

She was a nasty piece of work. If anyone said that to me on a first date (or any date) I would honestly get up and leave.

She kept making a big deal too about the 'big' age difference. 6 years for crying out loud. I wouldn't even call that an age gap.

Some people are in to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Wasnt the old fella with the blond sister on it before? Familiar head on him

He looked a little like the First Dates UK Maître d, Fred Sirieix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I would have dated Vicky myself. What a lovely person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just seeing this episode Olivia was stunning seems like a lovely girl, her date is a bit of a cocky plonker, do you like inspirational quotes?...bog off

I thought the lesbian from don't tell the bride was a bit painful as well, her date was lovely she could do better.

The older sisters man should have gone first if he didn't want to see her again....dick move.

gmisk wrote: »
    The older sisters man should have gone first if he didn't want to see her again....dick move.

In fairness he was always going to be hard to please after admitting he regularly goes clubbing with his 17 year old daughter and her friends!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

gmisk wrote: »
    Just seeing this episode Olivia was stunning seems like a lovely girl, her date is a bit of a cocky plonker, do you like inspirational quotes?...bog off

I thought the lesbian from don't tell the bride was a bit painful as well, her date was lovely she could do better.

It must have been embarrassing for her, she paid the whole meal, said she would like to see him, He was going back to a party in his home town,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

walshb wrote: »
    Yeh, can't stand these wans' with their "I like bad boys." Ok, like away you fooking weapon...

I sometimes find it hard to sympathize with some women in domestic violent relationships....I abhor anyone being violent against anyone, but so much of the time the victims won't change their "behaviors and choices." They keep knocking around with scum...

They are a bit long in the tooth to like bad boys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I heard the main guy (can't remember his name/Matteo?) being interviewed on the radio a few weeks ago,

He works in another restaurant, and also has a wine business. The show is filmed over a 2 week period, and he said he's only there for that 2 weeks. I'm not sure about the waiting & kitchen staff, as well as the barman.

I'd assume the kitchen staff are full time at the Gibson.

Didn't someone mention a while back that the blonde waitress was an actress or something? so again, you might presume she and the others are just there for the 2 weeks of filming.

Yeah the barman is a legit barman and Mateo is a manager at La Cucina in Dublin. The waiting staff on TV are actors. The full time restaurant staff are the ones you'll see in the background generally.

Pretty much an identical set up on the UK version too.

Yeah the barman is a legit barman and Mateo is a manager at La Cucina in Dublin. The waiting staff on TV are actors. The full time restaurant staff are the ones you'll see in the background generally.

Pretty much an identical set up on the UK version too.
    Mateo is a pro at maitre d!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

He looked a little like the First Dates UK Maître d, Fred Sirieix.
    Personally, I think the latest Captain Birdseye looks more like Fred.

PAY-MAIN-Captain-Birdseye-is-changing-again-and-this-time-hes-much-younger-hunkier-and-Italian.jpg

Just watching it now..
    that 'footballer' from tipp is beautiful..if she could watch the language..
    Olivia's a cracker too..

'I love to smile at people..'...he needs a slap..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A McGregor fan who has moved house 29 times but not out of her own town, and a big drinker. Sounds like a header.

I can only imagine her FB statuses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement