Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Benny Biscotti

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Jesus bunk bed man is insufferable. He’s like a parody at this stage.

He reminds me of the "lord" from the undateables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Bunk beds guy was kind of painful, he would wreck your head on a date.
    His date seemed really nice and sweet, was surprised she was into a second date, even more surprised he wasnt!

The two gay lads were fun, tosser move from the lad with hair to let the other guy go first when he was gonna say no.

American nerd and Irish nerd were very nice together seemed like decent sorts.

Must say I was surprised the woman with purple hair had any interest in a second date, she had a face like a smacked arse the entire time.

It's been a really fun series, I still marginally prefer the UK version, I'd prefer some more "normal" people in the next series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

I think the bunk bed guy was definitely on something. He was bucketing sweat at one point (I doubt the wings were that hot) and his facial reactions were well off. He seemed so awkward but also like he had rehearsed typical human interaction. I don't get the love for his date, though. She seemed very beige, despite how 'crazy' her friends thing she is (alarm bells always sound for me when people say this).

American woman seemed lovely, and seemed to be matched well with the guy who dresses up as a stormtrooper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Just after catching up with it now. My God, but they definitely (or defi NIGHT ly if you're from Longford) left all the oddballs until the last show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Killian (who was on the show twice) mother was missing, her body was found, RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Killian (who was on the show twice) mother was missing, her body was found, RIP

I was only watching a repeat of one of his episodes a couple nights ago. Then this morning I was reading the article about a missing woman and a pic of Killian was beside it and I wondered where did I know him from until eventually it clicked. Condolences to him and his family. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I was chosen to go on first dates and was looking forward to it. Pulled out because I got a text from one of the producers who requested I wear a short sleeves top on the date obviously because I have two sleeves which wouldn't be expected because of my profession.

It left a sour taste because (to me, could be wrong) I was going to be portrayed in a certain way rather than just allowing me to be me. Maybe I over reacted and would have loved the experience and the chance of meeting someone but I just was annoyed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

joeguevara wrote: »
    I was chosen to go on first dates and was looking forward to it. Pulled out because I got a text from one of the producers who requested I wear a short sleeves top on the date obviously because I have two sleeves which wouldn't be expected because of my profession.

It left a sour taste because (to me, could be wrong) I was going to be portrayed in a certain way rather than just allowing me to be me. Maybe I over reacted and would have loved the experience and the chance of meeting someone but I just was annoyed
    No, you did right.
    That's manipulative.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/1016/1083757-amy-dunne/

Wasnt she Phil from Tallafornia's date?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Thought she was italian

It returns tonight with a new bunch of reality, blogger and you tube star wannabes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It returns tonight with a new bunch of reality, blogger and you tube star wannabes

And old TV car crash favourite Barry John...

https://twitter.com/RTE2/status/1215000220792176640?s=19

He was on Blind Date in the UK a few years ago too and it was a disaster/spectacle depending on how you view it. Kept referring to his dates breasts as whippies to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

My favourite time of the year, the English ones just aren't the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

My favourite time of the year, the English ones just aren't the same.

The one thing I find with the English one is that they match them a lot better geographically.
    The Irish one always seems to be a bit "Larry from Letterkenny, this is your date Mary. From Macroom."

• Advertisement

The one thing I find with the English one is that they match them a lot better geographically.
    The Irish one always seems to be a bit "Larry from Letterkenny, this is your date Mary. From Macroom."

There is that but Ireland is so small that if you met someone you really fancied then it shouldn't be a huge deal to try and meet again.

Yeah, I must say I was happier than I should admit to when I saw this was back tonight..says a lot about how kind of sad my life is.. maybe I should nearly go on it myself next year.. although I wouldn't..

Yeah, I must say I was happier than I should admit to when I saw this was back tonight..says a lot about how kind of sad my life is.. maybe I should nearly go on it myself next year.. although I wouldn't..

My wife and work colleagues look at me strange when I tell them how much I love watching it so its OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Love this show!
    Prefer it to UK version

My wife and work colleagues look at me strange when I tell them how much I love watching it so its OK.

Haha.. yeah, thanks for that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

UK show is better for relationships.

Irish show is better for entertainment.

The matching is off though. People are lot more willing to travel around the UK as the transport is way better, even if its further.

Also, nobody should be ashamed to enjoy this show! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Stewball

I must admit this is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I always love seeing some culchies on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I don't see why First Dates should be any kind of a 'guilty' pleasure, if you like it you like it.

Looking forward to this year's series, let's hope this thread doesn't turn into the sh*tshow it sometimes can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

UK show is better for relationships.

As someone said above the Irish show is full of reality stars, bloggers and youtube and/or influencer wannabes. All out looking for exposure.

Even on the trailer for the new series there are a few recognisable heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I hope the lads have their socks on this season...

Is this guy Jason Byrnes brother or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Run Katrina. Run from that gob****e.

Preferably towards me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dear God has this fool no filter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

Sooo full of himself��

He's an idiot....don't **** with a commie...

• Advertisement

I hate when they pair Eastern European women off with lads like him.

Gives us normal Irish lads a bad name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

Far toooo smiley

Barry John is seriously annoying . Is he actually for real

surferdudz wrote: »
    Far toooo smiley

Thats the least of his foibles.

Immature. Cocky.

If he was made out of chocolate, he would eat himself. After telling about 20 innuendo's first.

There way too old for him....

Like a heterosexual Louis Walsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Having heard that the guy at the front desk does not work in the Gibson hotel I guess the rest are actors as are the people in the restaurant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭CH3OH

She hasn't even spoken to him and knocked back.

Sylvester has no chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Having heard that the guy at the front desk does not work in the Gibson hotel I guess the rest are actors as are the people in the restaurant

They film the whole series over 6 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Oh crap, Sylvester making me cringe already. She doesn't like him at all. What were the matchmakers thinking? They clearly couldn't find any tattooed bikers!

Maybe they'll get on great.

Thats the least of his foibles.

Immature. Cocky.

If he was made out of chocolate, he would eat himself. After telling about 20 innuendo's first.

He reminds of that eejit Phil from Tallafornia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

looks a bit like tommy bowe or is it just me ?

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    looks a bit like tommy bowe or is it just me ?

He's got shiny pants I wouldn't write him off just yet...

The two Mullingar boys went to the same tailor it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Barry John is getting somewhere

• Advertisement

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Barry John is getting somewhere

There’s a pair of them in it , two eejits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Is this what passes for conversation now? I mean that eegit with the Slovakia lady

Those twins are being very rude.

Imagine if the fellas kept looking elsewhere during conversation with them

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

These twins are getting way too much air time. Boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭pgj2015

He is some tool, why do so many people who were bullied or fat etc then they discover a gym and turn into a cocky knob like him. jesus just be yourself for gods sake, clapping his hands and the exaggerated laughing over nothing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement