Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N11 Cycle Lane

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

252 at 8.39 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

252 at 8.39 this morning

What is the yearly total for N11 counter.

Rock Road counter is at about 210,000 so unlikely to break the 300k this year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭C3PO

Seaswimmer wrote: »

Rock Road counter is at about 210,000 so unlikely to break the 300k this year anyway

The Rock Road often misses me too! I suppose it's difficult to calibrate it so that it catches the bikes but not the cars!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The N11 counter did its job and counted me yesterday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

HivemindXX wrote: »
    Most likely explanation is that glass is left everywhere but the authorities only assign people to clean the footpaths and the roads so it remains left on the cycle paths. This is reason enough for cyclists to complain. Especially when scumbags in cars might take it on themselves to endanger you for the imaginary offence of not using the cycle path.

Of course it is possible that students just coincidentally happen to select cycle paths to throw their glasses. That doesn't make it any less irritating that it remains there for a week or more.
    on the 'where does broken glass come from' topic - standing at the bus stop this morning, a street sweeper truck drove past, and by the noise coming from it, a glass bottle or two were being pushed along in front of the wheels, clearly far too heavy for the vacuum to lift. a little past the stop, you could hear two audible 'crump' noises as the bottles went under the wheels of the truck, which means there's broken glass right in the cycle lane, mixed in a bit with leaf litter, so it's a little bit harder to see.

i guess it was probably a beer bottle or two dropped into the road, or left on the path and rolled/got kicked into the road, which have now become several hundred shards of glass.

so if you're passing the inbound bus stop on ballymun road, the one nearest the DCU side entrance, move a bit out from the kerb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Seaswimmer wrote: »

Unlikely as they keep losing bodies into the potholes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

What do these bike counters look like? I know the general traffic ones alright as they have them up around Santry and Ballymun at the moment, but they've missed a trick not putting in a bike one unless I'm missing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Weepsie wrote: »
    What do these bike counters look like? I know the general traffic ones alright as they have them up around Santry and Ballymun at the moment, but they've missed a trick not putting in a bike one unless I'm missing it.

Here's what they look like; https://goo.gl/maps/E3tTJaP72232

And it looks like the Blackrock one is doing a good job;

http://irishcycle.com/2016/10/06/making-space-for-cycling-increases-numbers-of-people-cycling-on-dublin-route/

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Deedsie wrote: »

Hope the car isn't too damaged but I hope more you cop on and drive in a more considerate and safe manner.

I hope his car is damaged. I hope he can't afford to fix it, or that he gets a ban. That might put him on a bus, or a bike. He might then learn some empathy for the others who's life his selfishness endangered.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Hope the car isn't too damaged but I hope more you cop on and drive in a more considerate and safe manner.

Why would you hope that, anything that takes a muppet like of the road for a few more days is good news. He won't be fined, he won't get penalty points, literally no other punishment will be dished out and by the sounds of it, he blames the Micra entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sounds dangerous, do you think he would have done the same if there was people at the crossing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Well the micra was also in the wrong so both should be punished if we are going down the fairness road.
    100% agree, my point was there is no fairness in this scenario, the least we can hope for until ANPR and red light cameras become widespread are that he feels the pain of it, but alas he will learn nothing from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Take a reg, call it in to Traffic Watch.

When an a Garda knocks on his door next week he'll realise it wasnt the Micra at fault. Might just slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Well the micra was also in the wrong so both should be punished if we are going down the fairness road.

Prob did about €500 worth of damage based on the bang. It was more than just a flat tyre. A kick up the arse. Suppose I thought that was punishment enough

The motoring equivalent of Father Ted and Bishop Brennan in public! :D

Advertisement