Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the slowest car on sale today?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I've found that with smaller cars as well. I remember getting lessons in a 1.2 Skoda Fabia (which had a 0-62 mph time of 18.5 seconds), and initially thinking that it wasn't slow at all. For the first few lessons, we were in town and never once got above 50 km/h. Our own car was a 1.8 Volvo, and in between the lessons I did some practice in that. If anything I thought the Skoda was slightly faster, small cars always feel chirpy and are sprightly off the line. Once we got above 60 kph that's when the extra muscle of the bigger engine kicked in. In fairness ultra low powered cars are absolute torture outside of town driving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

In fairness ultra low powered cars are absolute torture outside of town driving.

I find that with all small petrols tbh. I'm surprised most others don't find it hard driving say a 1.6L NA 110hp petrol on the Motorway. I never find it comfortable. I think I might be an American trapped in a Paddy's body

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Patch123

You can spend almost 35K (before options) in this country on a Mercedes B160d auto that can't crack 14 secs to 100km/h.

Meanwhile the Hyundai Tucson (Ireland's best selling car?) comes in at a blistering 13.7sec to 60 for the 1.7d, while the Clio 1.2's acceleration can be measured on a calendar with a 0-100km/h time of 14.5secs.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

The Punto grande with the old 1.2 FIRE engine is dangerously slow. My brothers 1.3 ka on the other hand is nippy enough and great craic to throw around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Non turbo diesel berlingo are dangerously slow

Had a straight 1.9 2004 one - wouldn't pull the socks off a deadman

Lethal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

What are the 1.2 tsi Skoda Rapid/ Seat Toldeo like? Has anyone driven one

86 bhp..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

86 bhp..

More power in those than my Civic, and they're smaller and turbocharged too. I'd say they're pretty quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

86 bhp..

There's a 110 bhp version too. Both 86 and 110 bhp versions are a quantum leap from that 60 odd bhp engine that was in the Felicia, now, that was a dog of a yoke.

Advertisement