Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night usage - Faulty Timeswitch

Options
  • 21-04-2016 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I recently received my bill for the past 2 months of usage and my Night rate usage has not increased at all. This cannot be correct I have definitely been using electricity within the night rate hours. I have contacted my property management to gather pass me on details of the meter and they have informed me that the Time switch is within my apartment. Is this correct? I would have thought the relay control was handled in my meter? I can see that the arrow between the Day and Night readouts should point at which rate is being applied, this must never be switching to the night rate.

I have the meter pictured on the right here:

hxxps://i.ytimg.com/vi/EWHRZ2LduDQ/hqdefault.jpg

Thanks,
    Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Dan,

Thank you for getting in touch.

In apartment blocks an ESB Networks timeswitch will usually control a number of meters. Do you have storage heaters? Your heaters may be controlled within your apartment if you have an independent timer. We would only be able to investigate if the fault lies with the ESB Networks timeswitch or meter. Any internal wiring or appliance issues need to be dealt with by an independent electrical contractor.

We are unable to view the image. Would you be able to screenshot it instead and send it to us via private message? We also require the following information by private message:
    • The first line of your address
    • The serial number on your meter
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • Your full name as it appears on the account
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement