Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€850 Gaming Build

Options
  • 21-04-2016 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

1. What is your budget?
    €850

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming eg. GTA V @ 1080P 60FPS

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 22"+ (4K if possible)]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Just wireless card.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? CC & Bank Transfer

9. When are you purchasing? 12 Days

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Just a note that 4K will not be possible really with this budget. The PC alone will eat up a lot of this budget. If you want the 4k screen for movies and such, I'd advise to just invest in a 4k TV at some point in the future. For gaming, a 1080p monitor is still grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Just a note that 4K will not be possible really with this budget. The PC alone will eat up a lot of this budget. If you want the 4k screen for movies and such, I'd advise to just invest in a 4k TV at some point in the future. For gaming, a 1080p monitor is still grand.

I thought that too! 1080p would definitley be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I don't get the 4k obsession but anyways, the man wants a PC

1080p monitor €150
    R9 380 €200
    i5 6400 €170
    Z170 board €80
    500w PSU €60
    1tb HDD €50
    250gb SSD €90
    Case €40
    8gb RAM €40
    Total €880

Drop to a 120gb SSD (of drop it altogether) if you need to save a few euro

Mindfactory.de computeruniverse.com and Amazon are all good for parts

All good except for the RAM, you want DDR4 RAM

Motherboard might go as high as €100 to be fair, €80 would be very cheap for one. It's worth stretching the €50 for everything I've listed if at all possible

You'll want a Z170 board yes, socket LGA1151 and it'll be perfect. ATX size preferably

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes all fine. You an get a H110 mobo as well to save money, doesn't change basic performance at all - just make sure to get a DDR4 version.

Yes all fine. You an get a H110 mobo as well to save money, doesn't change basic performance at all - just make sure to get a DDR4 version.

Thank! Is this the one? : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B015Z58FHO?pc_redir=T1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes that's fine - as DS pointed out above just make sure to get DDR4 ram, I overlooked that you had DDR3 ram picked. 2133mhz DDR4 is what you need.

Yes that's fine - as DS pointed out above just make sure to get DDR4 ram, I overlooked that you had DDR3 ram picked. 2133mhz DDR4 is what you need.

Yep I changed the ram! Just one more thing, what would you recommend for wireless? Eg WiFi and Bluetooth.

Do you need Bluetooth? That's a niche one :pac:

For Internet, power line adapters are normally better than WiFi, but you can get a cheap WiFi adapter for like €10-15 if you'd prefer it

Bluetooth you can get internal or external adapters, I'm not read up on either. Internal would probably be better, the only external one I've had caused me a tonne of BSODs

• Advertisement

I forgot about powerlines, definitely a better solution in my house. You're right about Bluetooth, I'll leave that off for now!

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

An Asus or belkin Bluetooth adapter are pretty decent they can cost about 20 quid but alot more reliable then the generic adapters that you get for under a tenner.

Before I start ordering these parts, I also plan on getting the Oculus Rift in the next few weeks, will it work with the specs I've chosen?

From what I checked I think it might, but I might need some more RAM.

Thanks for all the help!

You may wait for the R9 480 at this stage reckon.

I think you're good with 8gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

retweet wrote: »
    Before I start ordering these parts, I also plan on getting the Oculus Rift in the next few weeks, will it work with the specs I've chosen?

From what I checked I think it might, but I might need some more RAM.

Thanks for all the help!

Doubtful. You might get away with some early VR games and tech demos, but if anyone makes a half decent game you'd need to upgrade.

VR is still years from maturity. When you're thinking of upgrading in 3/4 years you'll be much better placed to think about VR.

You may wait for the R9 480 at this stage reckon.

I think you're good with 8gb

Just had a search for the R9 480, I'll wait for that!

Thanks!

Advertisement