Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Pay: Urgent question

Options
  • 21-04-2016 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Please can someone advise me: I am currently working in a full-time permanent hse-funded post (on the same pay scale as my colleagues working in hse in same role). I have been successful on a hse panel for a permanent job. I have no idea when I will start this job (it could be next month or 6 months- depending when the post is released).

My q is: if i begin the new hse job pregnant - will i be entitled to my full maternity pay (salary by hse) as I would if i left my current role and went on maternity leave? Or do i need to work in New role foe a minimum period of time before I would be entitled to this?

Please help- very anxious and can't seem to find out answers.

Thanks I'm advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

bennettm wrote: »
    Please can someone advise me: I am currently working in a full-time permanent hse-funded post (on the same pay scale as my colleagues working in hse in same role). I have been successful on a hse panel for a permanent job. I have no idea when I will start this job (it could be next month or 6 months- depending when the post is released).

My q is: if i begin the new hse job pregnant - will i be entitled to my full maternity pay (salary by hse) as I would if i left my current role and went on maternity leave? Or do i need to work in New role foe a minimum period of time before I would be entitled to this?

Please help- very anxious and can't seem to find out answers.

Thanks I'm advance

Employers are not required to pay wages during maternity leave unless agreed in your contract. What does your contract say regarding this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

Don't be anxious. Ring HR and ask them to look into it for you as a general query. Your only entitlement in employment law is to maternity leave, and SW Benefit under strict conditions.
    It'll be covered in your contract/term and conditions of employment

Advertisement