Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hole in the road in Rathmines

Options
  • 21-04-2016 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭

Anyone else cycle through Rathmines? It looks like some sort of works happened outside the Bank of Ireland and the repair job on the digging is absolutely atrocious. Anyone know where I can lodge a complaint about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Synode wrote: »
    Anyone else cycle through Rathmines? It looks like some sort of works happened outside the Bank of Ireland and the repair job on the digging is absolutely atrocious. Anyone know where I can lodge a complaint about it?

Make a request on fixyourstreet.ie
    The council should fix it in 7-96 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Found the self service portal on the DCC site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

You're better off ringing them.

Tel: (01) 222 2255
    Email: roadmaintenance@dublincity.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They resurfaced it ~1yr ago and within 3wks there was already a crappy fill in from a contractor. Its really disappointing how DCC/DLRCoCo don't do any enforcement.

Went down and it appears there's some construction works going on in the house beside the Bank. Presume it's a patch job and will be fixed but they should be doing it now. The hole's been there almost a week now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭VonLuck

It's terrible and a serious risk to cyclists. If you cycled over that you would buckle yourself off your bike.

There was another patch job near Lidl that took months to get a proper smooth surface.

Further on at the road coming out of St. Mary's College there's a bump and hollow in the ground that has been there ever since the road was resurfaced. That must be a few years now.

I don't know how anyone can walk away and be happy with the repair job they've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

VonLuck wrote: »
    It's terrible and a serious risk to cyclists. If you cycled over that you would buckle yourself off your bike.

There was another patch job near Lidl that took months to get a proper smooth surface.

Further on at the road coming out of St. Mary's College there's a bump and hollow in the ground that has been there ever since the road was resurfaced. That must be a few years now.

I don't know how anyone can walk away and be happy with the repair job they've done.

They don't care. They're not cycling on it. I saw it today for the first time and noticed it. 179 Rathmines road, beside the BoI. Shocking.

the one outside the Lidl got fixed recently, thanks be to jaysus...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ring roads department in councils they will go out within a day or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I find it hard to believe the council haven't been notified of the bad conditions on the Rathmines Road given the number of cyclists that use it and yet it's still not repaired.

What happens if someone does injure themselves in a pothole on a poorly repaired road? Is the local council fully liable?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

VonLuck wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe the council haven't been notified of the bad conditions on the Rathmines Road given the number of cyclists that use it and yet it's still not repaired.

What happens if someone does injure themselves in a pothole on a poorly repaired road? Is the local council fully liable?

If it has been reported yes as they have duty to maintain unless its a contractor that has dug it then they would become responsible.

• Advertisement

I reported it via their website. Cycled in this morning and it's been fixed better than it was but it's still a poxy job. It's no longer a danger to cyclists but I assume it's temporary and will be fixed properly at a later stage.

Advertisement