Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Italia intro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I heard or read someone had this as their mobile phone ring tone :D

Used to love this intro.
    and then the bit and the end.... shouted whenever someone scored a goal in the schoolyard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

It's 'Gooooooo Lazio!!'

Is not, ya thick! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Ruu wrote: »
    It's 'Gooooooo Lazio!!'

Is not, ya thick! :D

No it is not.

Its 'Golazzo'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Stojkovic wrote: »
    No it is not.

Its 'Golazzo'

Means beautiful/great goal or something!

James Richardson is still the best football presenter out there, love his puns. Criminally under-used imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Way better than most modern theme tunes. James Richardson eventually admitted that it was 'Go Lazio'. Sort of.
    What's the story behind the signature 'Golazo!' yell and why did it sound so much like 'go Lazio'?

For years I told people it was golazo - which means what an amazing goal. But then I heard Steve De Berry who'd produced the music for the show say he'd wanted it to sound like 'go Lazio' because of Paul Gascoigne presenting it and so had added a twist to the soundbite. It became the signature sound of Italian football for a generation of English fans. It also took me more than a season to realise why the show was called 'Gazzetta', and it was again because of Gazza.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/aug/12/sport.obsmagspecial8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Also after - Gazzetta della Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Yep. Loved that. Actually I used it as a ring tone.
    Still use the "Goooooolllaasssssooooo!" bit as a Fot Mob Goal Alert tone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

http://www.thesugarclub.com/listings/event/gazzetta-football-italia-live-james-richardson-james-horncastle-paolo-baldi

This was on this evening. Brilliant, said they'd do it again if there was enough interest. I'd defo go.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

3 intros for SBS Italian Football show that used to air in the late 80s/early 90s on a Monday evening, presented by Martin Tyler.

The first 2 should be memorable to Irish fans aired between 1990-92, before C4 got their hands on the rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Bonus points if you played Championship Manager Italia at the time... fond memories of Atalanta :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
Advertisement