Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit of a weird one

Options
  • 21-04-2016 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem.

If I text a colleague in work the text message comes into her phone as if it's from her boyfriend. If she replies to that text it goes to her boyfriend.

If she selects my number from the phone contacts list and rings it, it rings on my phone. If she selects my number from the phone contacts list and texts it, it goes to her boyfriend. :confused:

I'm well aware that I could cause plenty mischief with this, but alas, I have to be professional and stuff...

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Does she have your iMessage ID accidentally saved u see her boyfriends name?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

smash wrote: »
    Does she have your iMessage ID accidentally saved u see her boyfriends name?

Nope. His contact card has just his number and my contact card has just mine, no crossover there.

Is she hot? :pac:

Is she hot? :pac:

Yep!!

Which is why the temptation for mischief is strong!! But she's also small. And the small ones are dangerous

Yep!!

Which is why the temptation for mischief is strong!! But she's also small. And the small ones are dangerous

Sit back and enjoy the ride my good man! :D

• Advertisement

Sit back and enjoy the ride my good man! :D

My own girlfriend might have a word or two to say to me about that! :pac:

My own girlfriend might have a word or two to say to me about that! :pac:
    Is she as hot as office hottie? There's a few variables here...

Is she as hot as office hottie? There's a few variables here...

yeah... and also small... (which is how I know the small ones are dangerous! ;) )

turn off notifications... sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I had something similar before. Any time a friend of mine texted me, the message ended up on my wife's phone (at least he claimed he was trying to text me!). Anyway, the potential for problems can't be understated :-D
    Ended up it was something to do with emails being associated with iMessage. I think at one stage the mrs was copied in on an email and it somehow got associated with my contact details on his phone. We solved it by removing all emails from iMessage contacts but not 100% sure exactly where the problem originated.

• Advertisement

jakdublin wrote: »
    I had something similar before. Any time a friend of mine texted me, the message ended up on my wife's phone (at least he claimed he was trying to text me!). Anyway, the potential for problems can't be understated :-D
    Ended up it was something to do with emails being associated with iMessage. I think at one stage the mrs was copied in on an email and it somehow got associated with my contact details on his phone. We solved it by removing all emails from iMessage contacts but not 100% sure exactly where the problem originated.

Just sorted it there. Deleted both contacts and the chat that she had with the boyfriend, then set them both up again.

The strange thing is that my messages were going into her phone as iMessages and the boyfriends messages were in the same chat as text messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Just sorted it there. Deleted both contacts and the chat that she had with the boyfriend, then set them both up again.

The strange thing is that my messages were going into her phone as iMessages and the boyfriends messages were in the same chat as text messages.

I'd have left that bit ;)

Advertisement