Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tablet hacked?

• 21-04-2016 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi
    I have an android tablet & am getting an error message saying an application required installation requested by com.Google.android.gsf.login. Then I got more messages saying get Google play services because Hangouts & Maps won't work.
    I have Google Play store on my phone. Before this happened apps were appearing on my tablet (e.g.: Ten drops, Liking Hero & Insane Stars). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Dalkeybabe wrote: »
    Hi
    I have an android tablet & am getting an error message saying an application required installation requested by com.Google.android.gsf.login. Then I got more messages saying get Google play services because Hangouts & Maps won't work.
    I have Google Play store on my phone. Before this happened apps were appearing on my tablet (e.g.: Ten drops, Liking Hero & Insane Stars). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What make of tablet is it? A quick google suggested this is a sync issue. Are you connected to wifi? Have you tried restarting your tablet?

Why do you think its been hacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Dalkeybabe

syklops wrote: »
    What make of tablet is it? A quick google suggested this is a sync issue. Are you connected to wifi? Have you tried restarting your tablet?

Why do you think its been hacked?

I'm not very technical & thought when apps I didn't download it was being hacked. I did try restarting but it didn't help. Yes am connected to wifi. It's a Smart pad? Well model is v11 quad core A33 android version 4.4 2.. firmware version v2.0

Did you recently change your gmail password?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Thats weird,
    same has just started happing with one of the kids android tablets, its an allwinner.
    Google play services wont work with the same message you got. I tried a factory reset to still no use. I was also seeing ad popups appearing. My 'googling' for answer directs me to rooting the tablet to fix the corrupted play services, though I havent gotten around to it yet.

Did you recently change your gmail password?

No I didn't recently change my password. It seems that Gmail is not syncing.

• Advertisement

No I didn't recently change my password. It seems that Gmail is not syncing.

Someone said they got the same message I did. They googled & it said to resolve root your tablet. What do you think?
    How would I do this?

This link mentions two of the apps you mentioned. It recommends a factory reset. Might be a good idea. Just make sure anything important is backed up first.

This link mentions two of the apps you mentioned. It recommends a factory reset. Might be a good idea. Just make sure anything important is backed up first.

Tried that & It didn't work. Initially could access play store so downloaded avast cleanup then avast security. Ran both & said 1 risk USB. Debug so untucked that box. Then got popup message on top of screen same as initially mentioned saying application required installation & com.Google.android.gsf.login and when I tried to access Google playstore but cannot.
    Any suggestions?

Tried that & It didn't work. Initially could access play store so downloaded avast cleanup then avast security. Ran both & said 1 risk USB. Debug so untucked that box. Then got popup message on top of screen same as initially mentioned saying application required installation & com.Google.android.gsf.login and when I tried to access Google playstore but cannot.
    Any suggestions?

When you say tried it and didnt work, do you mean the rest didnt work? Did you have to re-sign in to google play etc?

When you say tried it and didnt work, do you mean the rest didnt work? Did you have to re-sign in to google play etc?

I reset the tablet. I did sign into Gmail then uploaded avast cleanup & avast security. Scanned with both. Found 1 issue as mentioned re USB debug. Then pop up appeared re error Google play services. Went into Google play store & it just keeps flicking but cannot open it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement