Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Country Communion to re-unite next year

Options
  • 21-04-2016 1:45pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It was disappointing how they disintegrated a few years ago, the second album is a classic and they were brilliant at Vicar Street back in 2011.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

The first two albums were fantastic. Glad to hear they're coming back. Would love to see them live as I didn't get to the Vicar St. gig.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Yeah the third album was a bit sh1te, the fact they broke up soon after probably had something to do with it, I heard that Joe and Glenn had met up this time last year so I was hopeful they'd get back together.

I hope Joe sticks with BCC for the next few years, his solo stuff is a bit hit and miss, some great stuff but also some crap, Glenn seems to be at his creative peak at the minute, would be great if they knocked 2/3 albums out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Reuniting and a 4th album planned.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Looking forward to this, their gig in Vicar Street a few years back was fantastic.....was a shame they called it a day with the chemistry they had, hopefully they've ironed things out now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The main cause of the tension was Glenn wanted to tour with BCC but Joe wanted to concentrate on his solo career, you'd hope they'd have hammered out a deal to satisfy everyone this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bumping this. New album is titled BCCIV, due September 22nd

e15f5a0f-36a2-4c69-b1b1-eab730623b40?w=800
    1. Collide
    2. Over My Head
    3. The Last Song For My Resting Place
    4. Sway
    5. The Cove
    6. The Crow
    7. Wanderlust
    8. Love Remains
    9. Awake
    10. When The Morning Comes

Song sounds good. Looking forward to getting the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭rednik

Have the album on pre-order and got tickets for the show at the Hammersmith Apollo on Jan 04th. Got tickets from the planet rock pre sale. Expensive enough for standing at 85 Stg each.

rednik wrote: »
    Have the album on pre-order and got tickets for the show at the Hammersmith Apollo on Jan 04th. Got tickets from the planet rock pre sale. Expensive enough for standing at 85 Stg each.

:eek:

Wonder would they play a long set though?

Passenger wrote: »
    :eek:

Wonder would they play a long set though?

Only two dates in the UK at the moment so hopefully it will be a full show. Probably going to thread gently with Joe for a while before committing to a full tour.

• Advertisement

If they are anything like they were in Vicar St in 2011, it would be worth every penny, even though it's more than double the price of that gig, I haven't the money to go over, but I hope they come back here again, they probably won't do a whole lot of shows, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about that.

Glenn's voice is amazing for his age, he doesn't sound like your average 64 year old.

If they are anything like they were in Vicar St in 2011, it would be worth every penny, even though it's more than double the price of that gig, I haven't the money to go over, but I hope they come back here again, they probably won't do a whole lot of shows, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about that.

Glenn's voice is amazing for his age, he doesn't sound like your average 64 year old.

Hard to believe that was six years ago.

Got the new album a little while ago, I'll admit I wasn't blown away by Collide when I heard it first, but it has grown on me a bit, it's still one of the weakest songs on the album, Song of Yesterday was my favourite BCC track, The Last Song For My Resting Place has taken it's place, incredible track from start to finish, the lyrics, the solo, love the fiddle playing on it too.

Wanderlust is another stand out track, it has Joe's fingerprints all over it, Love Remains is great too, The Crow is a bit meh, the riff is too close to Bulls on Parade, When the Morning Comes is a great closing track, for an album thats an hour long it doesn't drag in fact it feels more like a 40/45 minute album, definitely on a par with the second album.

Afterglow had some decent ideas but they weren't fleshed out properly and it was just an incoherent mess, it's no real surprise there was a big public spat soon after it was released, I'll admit I haven't listened to it in 5 years, I don't think this album will suffer the same fate.

Glenn is brilliant, he's putting out career highlight stuff at an age where most bands seem jaded and going through the motions a bit, it's just a shame Joe won't commit to it fully.

Great show in London last night, they played for just over 2 hours. Joe opened up on stage and admitted he was an asshole who caused the split 5 years ago and there seemed to be no animosity as the chemistry was excellent between himself and Glenn.

There was no mention of any future plans yet but all you have to do is look at Joe's schedule over the next few months. Derek & Jason will be quite busy too. I just hope they can reconvene for some more dates including Dublin, although amazingly there a few empty rows upstairs in the Apollo.

38630960285_bb0a004faf.jpg

38818024304_765f42debe.jpg

27750841049_a60330ca92.jpg

38630960505_2cc10deb25.jpg

38631218915_5379f7c778.jpg

New album called BCC V out on June 14th, the new song is very funky, Glenn can still belt it out, thought it was going to break into Sharp Dressed Man at the start.

Advertisement