Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal training, Ennis

• 21-04-2016 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Could anyone recommend a personal trainer in Ennis? I know it seems that every second person is offering personal training recently but I want someone who's really interested and motivating for the times I can't motivate myself. I go to group classes but I feel at this stage I need something more specific. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

My mrs goes to Ozone place on the Quin road and gets personal training. She seems to enjoy it as she's kept it up for the past 14 months now, is that a good recommendation? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ozone is good but if you're struggling for motivation I'd really recommend CrossFit down the Quin Road, Eli & Trevor and all the instructors are brilliant and there's a great sense of community down there, try the beginners class and see what you think, you never know you might meet a mod down there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 N1991

Oh ok, that's an option, thanks a mil. Does she find she's getting results from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 N1991

I actally did the foundation course with Crossfit last November 12 months and kept it up for 2 or 3 months afterwards....but I couldn't get into it for some reason. I kinda like to have 1:1 so maybe ozone would be a good option and then I could give the Crossfit a go again when I'm more confident with using weights etc. Thanks for the response :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Would you consider joining one of the track clubs or tri clubs, not the one to one you are asking for but you would get a lot of motivation from the members. I know some of the Ennis tri people and they are a great group. As for Crossfit you will only get out it what you put into it. If you are unsure of any part of it I know that the lads there will go out of there way to help you out, as will a lot of the members. But if you are still looking for one to one the west county has a few good instructors there that could help. Worth asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

N1991 wrote: »
    Oh ok, that's an option, thanks a mil. Does she find she's getting results from it?

She's enjoying it but the results are really down to whole life change. She has an underactive thyroid and that causes a problem if we are talking just weight loss. However, her body tone is an awful lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

I'd recommend Laura Bennis, she is excellent and seems very interested in her clients. She does a food plan and also gives you a plan for home. She helps you develop your body and teaches you how to use the weights correctly. I've been to a few and to be honest i think she is one of the best around.

Advertisement