Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPSS STATS ANALYSIS ** PLEASE HELP :(

Options
  • 21-04-2016 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Basically working with some Data for a project and totally unsure of what tests to run on SPSS or how to present results.

I have intervention group control group. I was to compare two PRE/POST variables with 4 interrelated PRE/post variables?

Any ideas? If i haven't explained this enough feel free to ask thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

ron_1 wrote: »
    Basically working with some Data for a project and totally unsure of what tests to run on SPSS or how to present results.

I have intervention group control group. I was to compare two PRE/POST variables with 4 interrelated PRE/post variables?

Any ideas? If i haven't explained this enough feel free to ask thank you :)

Is the question that you want to assess two possible sets of factors to see which are better for separating the two groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ron_1

so two groups, intervention and control.

two factors - weight pre and weight post intervention (for the two groups)
    - Aerobic capacity pre and Aerobic capacity post (for the two groups)

AND

how these are related/correlated to 4 variables pre/post (for the two groups)

Does that make sense? thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ron_1

Was thinking so far, Split the data set into intervention and control.

Run paired samples T tests for each of the variables, as well as correclation of the 4 variables?

slightly lost to be honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Seems reasonable based in what you describe. A couple of things to consider:

Assess normality- if severely non normal you may need to apply a non parametric test instead

Consider adjusting individual significance levels if you're interested in a conclusion at an overall significance level.

Interaction plots for pairs of factors on the response may also be useful

Advertisement