Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Heating

Options
  • 21-04-2016 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys.

Recently moved into my new apartment.
    Its a 1 bedroom with no TV or Dryer and a dishwasher that is rarely used.

We have 1 storage heater upstairs and underfloor heating downstairs.
    All are electrically powered.

My Meter readings are as follows.

Our night-time meter readings are as follows.

Jan 19th : 1,361
    March 14th : 4,612
    April 18th: 6,587

Total Units - 5,226

Day Time:

Jan 19th : 38673
    March 14th : 39350
    April 18th : 39,724

Total unit usage: 1,051

The Day-time I can live with but the night time seems outrageously high for a 3 month period.

These are meter readings that I have done myself or have been done by the landlord.
    It is a fairly new apartment. (circa 2002)

My first theory when I received my bill was an inacurate bill reading by electric Ireland. The latest reading has discounted this.

Just looking for any advise or any similiar experiences that I can learn from.

Comments

Moved to electrical, may get a better answer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

so 1051 for 90 days is 11.66 kWh per day or 0.5kW per hour assuming constant base load which clearly it is not.
    You need to do a stocktake of all the electrical kit in the apt and establish the wattage for each, and then estimate the number of hours that each is on.

How is hot water heated? Immersions are 2kw usually
    How are you cooking? a four hob unit could be sucking 2 by 1,600w and 1 by 1200w and one by 800w

Give some occupancy profile

eg ten number 50w GU 10 halogens on for 1 hour is 0.5kWh

You should also turn off the power to the apt at the consumer board in the apt and then go look at the meter to make sure there is no mistake..
    Any external lights on your balcony on a sensor...
    etc
    etc

its easy do the math

esb and sea both have typical power consumption tables AFAIR:D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement