Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda Parts List and numbers for HF2315 HME

Options
  • 21-04-2016 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

I'm sure its a trade secret but does anyone know where I can find a Honda parts list with part numbers for my old Honda ride on lawnmower a 36inch HF2315 HME?

I've got some parts diagrams but no part numbers. I'm having issues with the deck belt atm and I'm trying to get the right one without paying over €100 for a genuine Honda spare part.

I think I need part number 80305 but as I might want some other parts a parts list would be really handy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Perfect, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

For belts, if you bring the old belt to an agri spares shop you'll find the price a helluva lot lower than the Honda price for the same thing.

red sean wrote: »
    For belts, if you bring the old belt to an agri spares shop you'll find the price a helluva lot lower than the Honda price for the same thing.

Thanks but the problem is that I think the old belt is wrong, not only does it slip there is an excessive amount of slack when it is engaged and running.

I've just ordered a generic belt after checking using CJhaugheys link that despite there being changes to the lawn tractor over the years the deck belt is the same across the versions. The information I was also hoping to find is the actual length of the genuine belt but can't find that info anywhere.

Somethings not quite right but even if the pulleys are worn it wouldn't account for the amount of slack on the current belt unless its stretched, I even thought it was a bit long when I put the new one on, old one was shredded and not easy to check the length of.

A generic belt is £22 (pounds) and the genuine Honda belt is £86 (iirc).

Edit> For anyone interested mowerpartsales.com in Co Lough have a good few generic spares for the deck.

Update.

Found my old post when googling for issues with the belts slipping on this mowers deck and thought I should update my findings.

The problem isn't the deck belt. The problem which is still to be fully diagnosed is that the clutch pulley for one reason or another doesn't always move the full distance back to engage the belt. The mechanism is worked off the vacuum off the engine and holds its vacuum fine but doesn't have the pull to fully do its job. Oiling up the cable has helped but it will need some more investigation. There is a spring on the end of the clutch cable and the only adjustment is to adjust the cable length so the spring is 91-94mm long when the clutch is engaged - no way will that spring ever expand its so strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭EP90

Hi, just come across your post and wondered if you had resolved it and how. I'm having a similar problem with that spring adjustment.

In the end I had some other issues and the local independent mower guy fixed it all for me.

He replaced the bearings in one of the pulleys (not the main problem) and changed the belt modified the blades (so they produced more life again nothing to do with the belt slipping) but I never did get a break down of what actually fixed it.

EDIT> I remember now the problem was the diaphragm in the vacuum servo under the real wheel at the right. Its a sealed unit that needs replacing. Over time it looses its ability to provide enough pull to pull the cable back.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭EP90

Thats great thanks for that, at least I know what/where to look now. Also having to replace the bearings in one pulley and replace the smallest pulley which has a non replaceable bearing. Must be an age thing at 11 years old.

Advertisement