Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when will Eir get it right?

Options
  • 21-04-2016 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

After coming across this site I am in the hope I will get at least a reply ,since our ordinary mail has not been answered. We have been plagued with faults , poor service and despite being told on numerous occasions that Eircom would get back to us, not 1 call has been made. Idle promises of better service,followed by recommendations we needed to change our package , all failed to deliver. Our service (broadband) continued to be dismal. We have been loyal customers for over 25 years and always paid our bills, we are fed up and no longer wish to put up with this treatment any longer.
    We wrote more or less the same 28th Mar and we have not even had a reply. More of the same. I note our landline no longer works and assume the message has finally got through, but am left guessing as has been the case with over 6 months now in regard to different dealings. What an utterly disgraceful way to do business. A little good old fashioned courtesyis too much to ask I guess.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

After coming across this site I am in the hope I will get at least a reply ,since our ordinary mail has not been answered. We have been plagued with faults , poor service and despite being told on numerous occasions that Eircom would get back to us, not 1 call has been made. Idle promises of better service,followed by recommendations we needed to change our package , all failed to deliver. Our service (broadband) continued to be dismal. We have been loyal customers for over 25 years and always paid our bills, we are fed up and no longer wish to put up with this treatment any longer.
    We wrote more or less the same 28th Mar and we have not even had a reply. More of the same. I note our landline no longer works and assume the message has finally got through, but am left guessing as has been the case with over 6 months now in regard to different dealings. What an utterly disgraceful way to do business. A little good old fashioned courtesyis too much to ask I guess.
    Hi perry stanley,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    Sincere apologies, we aim for a high level of care and we're so sorry to hear you have had this experience.
    I'm more than happy to look into this should you wish to PM me your account number.

-Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭perry stanley

I am having one hell of a time trying to find a way to PM:angry:. Bear with me, I will get there:angel:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

If you click on our profile it will give you an option to private message. Stacey

The www.boards.ie page isn t working
    www.boards.ie redirected you too many times.
    Thats what I have been getting every time I try, (even though I have been redirected once on clicking on my profile) no matter what time of day or week + believe me I tried. But i am hopeful:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

I am very sorry to hear this Perry Stanley.

Can you try doing this on another browser and let us know if this works? 

-Ciara

• Advertisement

eir: Ciara wrote: »

-Ciara
    I may be lucky  as i went to the old set up and managed to send details

No Problem. We will look into this & be back to you shortly. Stacey

-Ciara
    Can you verify who you PM'd in relation to this? Stacey

-Ciara
    Can you verify who you PM'd in relation to this? Stacey
    Tracey ,it was the original reply i had been trying to send and did not change the name.

No problem. If you would like to copy & paste the PM to myself here I can have a look into this as Tracey is not available today. Stacey

• Advertisement

No problem. If you would like to copy & paste the PM to myself here I can have a look into this as Tracey is not available today. Stacey
    Hi Tracey, 
    At long last, my apologies for delay , just could not get it to work so went to old set up and hey bingo.
    So account is

I note the phone no longer works since some time last week so even though no response has been sent/received to our request sent at the end of March, disconnection has taken place, 
    Again a little communication would not be too much to ask.
    Regards P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Perry Stanley,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post, I would suggest however you remove your account number for your own security purposes as you have posted this publicly.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked your account for you however and I can see you were migrated from one system to another on the 17/02.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I cannot see any issues with your landline and it is still fully activated.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately we are unable to troubleshoot these issues from here so you would need to contact us directly to speak with someone.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can contact our technical support team on 1890-260-260 or freephone 1901 and the guys will be more than happy to assist you.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Ciara[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I wonder can we get a mod to remove the details of this users account info before some unscrupulous sort goes to town on it?

Think I managed it , I thought I had done a pm.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post, I would suggest however you remove your account number for your own security purposes as you have posted this publicly.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked your account for you however and I can see you were migrated from one system to another on the 17/02.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I cannot see any issues with your landline and it is still fully activated.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately we are unable to troubleshoot these issues from here so you would need to contact us directly to speak with someone.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can contact our technical support team on 1890-260-260 or freephone 1901 and the guys will be more than happy to assist you.[/font]

The landline doesnt work and has nt for some days at least. No incoming calls or out ,not that we want to. So why have they replied to the letter? What if I send a copy? I dont need support . We want them to acknowledge the letter in which we no longer wish to put up the treatment. All told in the letter. Not even a call ?

The landline doesnt work and has nt for some days at least. No incoming calls or out ,not that we want to. So why have they replied to the letter? What if I send a copy? I dont need support . We want them to acknowledge the letter in which we no longer wish to put up the treatment. All told in the letter. Not even a call ?
    So I would like to move this forward even if I am not getting a reply to our mail. Is there a particular address I should write to, other than the one given on the bills? The landline is still out, so I am not sure what activated means. Thats what we were told before Xmas when it was out again. My mobile is being charged for 1890 calls, and they go on forever so Understand that at my age I am reluctant to be kept waiting andgiven options etc etc.

If you have sent a ketter in to the complaints team they will review this & contact you with a reoslution in 10 working days. if you requested to cease in the letter, you wodul need to call the cancellations team directly on 1800303600 (Opt 1). In relation to your techncial issues you would need to contact the technical team directly in relation to this. You can reach them on the freephone 1901 opt 3 opt 2. - Stacey

If you have sent a ketter in to the complaints team they will review this & contact you with a reoslution in 10 working days. if you requested to cease in the letter, you wodul need to call the cancellations team directly on 1800303600 (Opt 1). In relation to your techncial issues you would need to contact the technical team directly in relation to this. You can reach them on the freephone 1901 opt 3 opt 2. - Stacey
    Nice thanks for your help,but the letter was sent on Mar 28th . I no longer have technical issues since the phone don't work and thats what we requested. What i don't understand is why i still need to make a call,  ..whats wrong or incorrect about the letter?
    Apologies for appearing to harp on but why can they not answer the letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Nice thanks for your help,but the letter was sent on Mar 28th . I no longer have technical issues since the phone don't work and thats what we requested. What i don't understand is why i still need to make a call,  ..whats wrong or incorrect about the letter?
    No problem  perry stanley,

Where did you sent the letter? All cancellations would need to be requested via the cancellations team and unfortunately the complaints team would be unable to process a cancellation.

-Pamela 

Where did you sent the letter? All cancellations would need to be requested via the cancellations team and unfortunately the complaints team would be unable to process a cancellation.

-Pamela 
    I used the address given; ...where its printed under contact us,  'write to us at; ... Marlborough St, Dublin! Surely then if they could not deal with it it should have been forwarded to the relevant office or, back to what I have said all along, a good old fashioned reply?
    Thanks again.
    PB

• Advertisement

-Pamela 
    I used the address given; ...where its printed under contact us,  'write to us at; ... Marlborough St, Dublin! Surely then if they could not deal with it it should have been forwarded to the relevant office or, back to what I have said all along, a good old fashioned reply?
    Thanks again.
    PB
    I'm afraid not perry stanley.
    All customers wishing to request cancellation would need to contact the complaints team directly where they will log this and advise of the process.

-Pamela 

-Pamela 
    Thanks again.
    PB
    All customers wishing to request cancellation would need to contact the complaints team directly where they will log this and advise of the process.

-Pamela 
    Would have been nice if that information was added to 'contact us' section of the bill. Does that section have an email? Thanks.

-Pamela 
    Thanks again.
    PB

-Pamela 
    Would have been nice if that information was added to 'contact us' section of the bill. Does that section have an email? Thanks.
    You can contact cancellations via customer care on 1901, unfortunately there is no direct e-mail for this department perry stanley.

-Pamela 

-Pamela 
    Thanks again.
    PB

-Pamela 
    You can contact cancellations via customer care on 1901, unfortunately there is no direct e-mail for this department perry stanley.

-Pamela 
    So today I phone and asked the foreign lady to acknowledge my request for a cancellation and she went on about how I will need to talk to technical to resolve our difficulties. I explained I have no technical issues now since I want cancellation. Now she tells me she cannot deal with my request. What the hell is this ?  You can't either? If the lady has difficulty understanding such a simple request, she should have someone else take the call. She refused to explain why my previous 'mails' where not answered. Seems Eircom only answer and deal with what suits them and certainly not what the customer wants

-Pamela 
    Thanks again.
    PB

-Pamela 

-Pamela 
    So today I phone and asked the foreign lady to acknowledge my request for a cancellation and she went on about how I will need to talk to technical to resolve our difficulties. I explained I have no technical issues now since I want cancellation. Now she tells me she cannot deal with my request. What the hell is this ?  You can't either? If the lady has difficulty understanding such a simple request, she should have someone else take the call. She refused to explain why my previous 'mails' where not answered. Seems Eircom only answer and deal with what suits them and certainly not what the customer wants
    Hi perry stanley,

I have replied to this message on your other thread.

-Pamela 

-Pamela 
    Thanks again.
    PB

-Pamela 

-Pamela 
    Hi perry stanley,

-Pamela 
    ....and my details remain the same as they were when you then asked me to remove them again!
    (some posts back)

-Pamela 
    Thanks again.
    PB

-Pamela 

-Pamela 
    Hi perry stanley,

-Pamela 
    ....and my details remain the same as they were when you then asked me to remove them again!
    (some posts back)
    Unfortunately if you have removed your details we would be unable to view them  perry stanley,

-Pamela 

This forum is fantastic in the way that Eir customer service shows its true colours!!!

Could someone from Eir not contact this poor man and help him out? How hard would it be to get a mobile number for this man, have someone call him and speak with him? 

Im so glad I went Eir-free a while back...easily one of the worst customer care experiences Ive ever come across.

pm sent with details 'again'
    + sincerely appreciate your post Torment. Thanks.

• Advertisement

pm sent with details 'again'
    + sincerely appreciate your post Torment. Thanks.
    I have checked my PM's  perry stanley and I have not received your message I'm afraid.
    If you hover your mouse over my name, Eir: Pamela you should see the option to send me a message.

-Pamela

Advertisement