Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Annoyed with myself that the poster previous to me used elipses and now it appears like I was having a pop at him :(

I wasn't. Sorry IrishBloke.

Don't worry about it. We all have out TA's. It's not your fault you are a... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Pac1Man wrote: »
    IrishBloke is only about 150 pixels. I doubt it has feelings.

At least I have more pixels then you. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Shint0 wrote: »
    OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Can we launch into chit chat and endless posts devoid of TA's in your absence?! :P

Boom Boom_Bap!!
    Boom! I'm still watching.

Delayed flights!
    Rescheduled connecting flights!
    Waiting around airports!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

It's called courtesy.
    Pedestrians waiting at traffic lights is a definitive stop/go system. There is no debat about the rules here.
    Pedestrian crossings are about whoever gets there first.

TA when you anticipate someone is going to cross, slow down to expect this and dont get as much as a nod when you clearly could have went through without issue. Proper maddening.....

Haha, you're gas. You should be slowing down coming up to pedestrian crossings anyway. It's not a race to see will they cross the road or will you drive cross their heads!

Oh and by the way, I always do wave at pedestrian crossings, but I don't really have to. Just something I've always done. But I shouldn't have to give a wave because you chose not to run over me, in your car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

That's a genuine TA you have there, Boom_Bap.

Reminds me of a TA whenever a boss used go on holidays but they were still able to spy via their homegrown sychophantic spies.

• Advertisement

Don't worry about it. We all have out TA's. It's not your fault you are a... :D

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

At least I have more pixels then you. :)

TA'd there's no pacman smiley!

Don't worry about it. We all have out TA's. It's not your fault you are a prime example of an amazing human being. :D

Fixed for Persepoly, think she was gonna go mad! :pac::D

Fixed for Persepoly, think she was gonna go mad! :pac::D

Arrah I'm just having a strange day :)

Thank you for being nice.

Arrah I'm just having a strange day :)

Thank you for being nice.

I kinda got that alright, no worries. They come and go just as quickly, hopefully anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TA'd at seeing a Christmas Ad already - Spar had an ad on just before the news with 3 little trees with little baubles on a plate and some words to the effect of getting into the festive spirit. It's only August and it's starting already.

Went on a history tour today and there was this person who kept interrupting mo dhuine to show off her knowledge - and I use that word loosely - and indeed to argue with said person to show she was "correct".

The rest of us were raising our eyes to heaven, just waiting to learn more about the topic rather than witness this sap's inferiority complex on display. There is always some meandering old git who does this on tours, and they usually try to divert the entire topic back to some esoteric local topic they studied back in 1947 and are the world expert in just to "prove" themselves. Hominem unius libri timeo! (I fear the man of one book!)

It reminded me of those pain-in-the-arse types in tutorial groups in college who just have to keep "participating" in the class to "prove" themselves. Mature students who felt deeply insecure about themselves were usually the worst culprits for that lark, particularly in 1st year. By final year, when they had proved themselves, they became more tolerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    TA'd there's no pacman smiley!

Excuse me sir, I never received your application for access to Pac-Man smileys.

Best regards,
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Filling in an on-line insurance quote for curiosity on a brand spanking new car I like (but not getting)
    year 2016
    engine 2.2L,
    value E25000,
    Quote E540 comprehensive :D

Wow says I, lets see what my old one is now..;)

Year 2008
    engine 2.0L
    value E7950 (ish)
    Quote E730

What, how the feck is my old jammer dearer to insure than one 3 times the price with a bigger engine, must be the brand name, sniff:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I think Aldi is trying to kill me.

A few weeks ago, I went in and reached for a Fajita dinner kit. They were all in a large cardboard box on a high shelf, so I had to push one up from the bottom to grab it.
    Whatever I did, I scraped my thumb along the side of the box and gave myself a horrible paper cut.

Two weeks ago, I was in Aldi and I cut my OTHER thumb off the SAME FCUKING box in the SAME way; pushing the dinner kit box up out of the cardboard box so I could grab it.

Last week I popped in and grabbed a large pot of yogurt from the shelf and my shoulder hit off a protruding piece of cardboard, tearing a little bit of skin.

Today I was at home and opened a box of cereal (from Aldi) and the bit where you put your finger under the seal..my finger got sliced right across it and now I've a long stinging paper cut across my index finger.

Fcuk you Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

fussyonion wrote: »
    I think Aldi is trying to kill me.

A few weeks ago, I went in and reached for a Fajita dinner kit. They were all in a large cardboard box on a high shelf, so I had to push one up from the bottom to grab it.
    Whatever I did, I scraped my thumb along the side of the box and gave myself a horrible paper cut.

Two weeks ago, I was in Aldi and I cut my OTHER thumb off the SAME FCUKING box in the SAME way; pushing the dinner kit box up out of the cardboard box so I could grab it.

Last week I popped in and grabbed a large pot of yogurt from the shelf and my shoulder hit off a protruding piece of cardboard, tearing a little bit of skin.

Today I was at home and opened a box of cereal (from Aldi) and the bit where you put your finger under the seal..my finger got sliced right across it and now I've a long stinging paper cut across my index finger.

Fcuk you Aldi.

Hope you got some of this too :P

http://offers.kd2.org/en/ie/aldi/pDRd/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Slow walkers.

Slow walkers AND slow drivers although I try to be tolerant but it's hard at times as I'm sure they are equally TA'd at my light-footedness and sometimes overenthusiasm for the accelerator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

People who have no interest in sports, but are now expert on all things olympics :rolleyes:

gimmick wrote: »
    People who have no interest in sports, but are now expert on all things olympics :rolleyes:
    Bandwagonitis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Cold and rain is a bit of a TA today.

People who pronounce 'A' as 'Aaahhh'. Piss off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

People who pronounce 'A' as 'Aaahhh'. Piss off.

I agree if it's said in the alphabet.. "ahh" "bee" "see".... or spelling out a word, in that case it's "ay", but if someone said "pass me 'ay' cup" it'd be all wrong!

So IMHO it depends on context! TA'd that it bothered me enough that I couldn't just not reply to your post

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I hate when you buy a book with a big special offer or some such sticker on it, and it won't come off cleanly. Instead it rips off piece by little piece, and leaves a tacky mark on the book.

I agree if it's said in the alphabet.. "ahh" "bee" "see".... or spelling out a word, in that case it's "ay", but if someone said "pass me 'ay' cup" it'd be all wrong!

So IMHO it depends on context! TA'd that it bothered me enough that I couldn't just not reply to your post

:D:D I get what you mean. I should've added when they say it out of context, as you pointed out. 'Ah cup' is fine, but when they spell out something like 'S,aaahh'.. that drives me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Was at dentist getting a filling that broke fixed.

Normally I have 1 or 2 of that numb injection but he gave me 3 cause I still felt the air - but I took a reatcion t o the adreline in the medicine and the whole fight or flight feeling and my heart going like the harmmers

Calmed down soon enough and he tried to fix another tooth (all my filling from 6yrs ago have snapped my eteeth?)
    But I felt the drill thing - still after 3 injection things. He then got that air blow thing to test that tooth and I nearly jumped off the seat.

He said to come back next week and he knows now that maybe that medicine with adeline is not maybe the best but he will think about it till I come back.

Tele all shook up and my hands are shaking. He said it will leave after 3hrs and if I have problem phone him or see dr.

Home alone now and feeling on edge. once this numb goes away i will have a sugary cup of tea and hopefully not spill half of ir out my mouth

TA I have another appointment and I feel all shake

Edit: Also TA that my appointment was at 1pm and I only got out at 1.40 so I feel bad someone was left waiting so long for their appointment. I know its not my fault bit I still feel bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I hope you're OK, failinis.

I'm a bit the same at the dentist; I ask for my whole mouth to be numbed just for a scale & polish because my teeth are so sensitive and I can feel everything.

I was so nervous a few months ago going in for an extraction but I felt absolutely nothing and it surprised me so much that I could feel myself starting to cry!

I think it was because I had been so anxious beforehand and I knew how sensitive my teeth were.
    For it to be over so quick and painlessly, well, I wasn't expecting it.

I know that feeling you have; you're all jittery inside, you feel like there's a mini brass band in your heart and butterflies in your tummy and you might not feel relaxed and calm until later on this evening, but you will and you'll be grand.

A nice sweet cup of tea sounds perfect, just wait til your numbness has subsided; you know how weird your mouth gets after numbing!

My TA is having a dry mouth. No amount of water or tea or soft drinks will get rid of it.
    I had a few Polo mints earlier too thinking they'd help but now I feel like my teeth are all scaly and horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I am never nervous for the dentists though (I was as a child but a very kind dentist a few years ago made me trust them again). It must have been the numbing medicine.

Its so irritating because now I am nervous that I will have another reaction :rolleyes:

Oh dear, I do know how bad that fear can be, I used to cry and knots in stomach.
    Dry mouth is something I thankfully do not have. Is your dentist kind? I moved to a nice guy and its transformed me.

TA I still feel weak and my mouth is still numb (tongue is normal kinda) but lips are "huge" still. :(
    I want to eat but I will spill half of it out my mouth currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

failinis wrote:
    Normally I have 1 or 2 of that numb injection but he gave me 3 cause I still felt the air - but I took a reatcion t o the adreline in the medicine and the whole fight or flight feeling and my heart going like the harmmers

Same here..terrified of dentist.I have to make 4 trips for cleaning,have to numb my mouth fully a quarter at a time.I've had root canal that was easier than cleaning.Then I worry that my throat will go numb and I won't be able to swallow .A lot to be said for falsiesðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

failinis wrote: »
    I am never nervous for the dentists though (I was as a child but a very kind dentist a few years ago made me trust them again). It must have been the numbing medicine.

Its so irritating because now I am nervous that I will have another reaction :rolleyes:

Oh dear, I do know how bad that fear can be, I used to cry and knots in stomach.
    Dry mouth is something I thankfully do not have. Is your dentist kind? I moved to a nice guy and its transformed me.

TA I still feel weak and my mouth is still numb (tongue is normal kinda) but lips are "huge" still. :(
    I want to eat but I will spill half of it out my mouth currently.

get a bib (or tea towel) and have a nice cup of tea. Everything looks better after a nice cuppa.

I know someone who had similar reaction to you in a dentists chair a few years ago. Heart started racing after the anaesthetic - just gets a different type of anaesthetic now, problem solved. Try not to let it worry you too much, though its a pain to have to go back when you were ready to get it sorted today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement