Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Colser wrote: »
    Same here..terrified of dentist.I have to make 4 trips for cleaning,have to numb my mouth fully a quarter at a time.I've had root canal that was easier than cleaning.Then I worry that my throat will go numb and I won't be able to swallow .A lot to be said for falsiesðŸ˜

I had a tooth taken out with less pain than what was referred to as "a bit of a polish"...never went back to that clinic again. The dentist was grand, but the hygenist was a weapon.

When you go on YouTube to find out how to operate some technical-type thing and you come across a video which could look promising. In 95% of the cases these are the two problems:

1. Mr "have a nice day, folks" waffler is presenting and it's all about him and extraneous, tangential waffle rather than about the product as your man tries to build up his/her social media profile by smiling and a certain superficial presentation style. These immature eejits, practically all of whom are Americans, are everywhere. Example. Is it too much to ask for structured, short, succinct and straight-to-the-point presentations? (and ditch the caffeine/Red Bull/Monster/steroids)

2. The strong Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi accents behind so many of the other technology-related videos. It's hard enough to understand the accent of their Indo-European cultural cousins in Cork/Kerry and Wales but it's painful to try and decipher their thick accents. Subtitles would be very beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I've lost all my red lipsticks. ALL of the lipsticks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

When you go on YouTube to find out how to operate some technical-type thing and you come across a video which could look promising. In 95% of the cases these are the two problems:

1. Mr "have a nice day, folks" waffler is presenting and it's all about him and extraneous, tangential waffle rather than about the product as your man tries to build up his/her social media profile by smiling and a certain superficial presentation style. These immature eejits, practically all of whom are Americans, are everywhere. Example. Is it too much to ask for structured, short, succinct and straight-to-the-point presentations? (and ditch the caffeine/Red Bull/Monster/steroids)

2. The strong Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi accents behind so many of the other technology-related videos. It's hard enough to understand the accent of their Indo-European cultural cousins in Cork/Kerry and Wales but it's painful to try and decipher their thick accents. Subtitles would be very beneficial.

Not familiar with the second point, but #1 is the reason why I rarely look at videos anymore. Most things are explained in text on some other website, maybe a few drawings etc. Can't stand these eejits that go on and on in a video about something that could be explained in 3 sentences.

My TA right now is that I can't decide what to make for dinner, and that I can't change into my tracky bottoms because I have to go out and pick up my OH later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Same here..terrified of dentist.I have to make 4 trips for cleaning,have to numb my mouth fully a quarter at a time.I've had root canal that was easier than cleaning.Then I worry that my throat will go numb and I won't be able to swallow .A lot to be said for falsiesðŸ˜

Ah see I think it was the drug not fear - but I hated seeing them.
    Now a days I am more scared of the bill than treatment. :(
    Once some numbing stuff did not stay in my gum put spilled into my mouth, I swallowed a tiny tiny bit and yeah, my throat was numb/felt swollen, hellish.
    ahlookit wrote: »
    get a bib (or tea towel) and have a nice cup of tea. Everything looks better after a nice cuppa.

I know someone who had similar reaction to you in a dentists chair a few years ago. Heart started racing after the anaesthetic - just gets a different type of anaesthetic now, problem solved. Try not to let it worry you too much, though its a pain to have to go back when you were ready to get it sorted today

Yeah, the dentist said he is pretty sure I am just very sensitive to adreneline in the anaesthetic - so I assume next week he will use one with out? I hope!

Had a lovely cup of tea, half went around me, and half was consumed :D

TA a sibling came in and slamming doors and all that rubbish. Can you not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When you ring a bike shop looking for a particular thing, give them a detailed description of what you want, cause no one else seems to have it, the person who answered the phone says yes, we have them here,
    I says really, that's great, i'll pop down in a while for them, thru heavy traffic I go, 25min of a drive to it, in I go, ask for what I want, as I rang earlier.....

NO, we haven't got them, we have these, Says I, I rang, and the person says you had them in stock, I gave measurement of what I wanted, I was told yes, they're here, now you say you don't, for fek sake,

The guy who'll know is on lunch, leave us your number and he'll ring you when he comes back, Well he must be some hungry git, it's 6 hours later now, and still hasn't rang, ar**hol*s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TA'd at people who stand in a doorway blocking entrance into a building. Was entering a restaurant last night. A quite rotund gentleman was walking very slowly in front of me. He decides to stand in the doorway to look for his mobile or wallet or whatever it he was looking for. I couldn't pass him, so I said 'excuse me' a number of times to see if he could move to one side, but didn't seem to hear me. When he found whatever he was looking for, he still stands there until a staff member appears near the reception area and gentleman roars at him to find out where the members of his party are, who had obviously got there before him. Continues to stand in the door while the staff member finds out, then eventually moves on in, with a queue backed up behind him onto the street. TA'd at lack of awareness of these people of their surroundings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

TA'd at people who stand in a doorway blocking entrance into a building.

Absolutely. I find it especially annoying when it's raining. People come to a dead stop at the door of a building when they see that it's wet outside. It's like they're mystified by this phenomenon and are unsure whether it's safe to venture out at all.

Imagine, rain, in Ireland! The horror! We've never seen the like of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

maudgonner wrote: »
    Absolutely. I find it especially annoying when it's raining. People come to a dead stop at the door of a building when they see that it's wet outside. It's like they're mystified by this phenomenon and are unsure whether it's safe to venture out at all.

Imagine, rain, in Ireland! The horror! We've never seen the like of it before.

And the opposite to this when people come barrelling out of a shop on to the street without looking, meaning you have to walk around them to continue along the path :mad:

TA'd at another reference to Christmas on RTE this evening - a repeat of the Christmas episode of Ear to the Ground!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Plants and remembering to water/feed them.
    The dog gives gentle reminders - shoves his bowl around. The fish taps on his bowl. The kids raid the press... but plants???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

I'll pass that on to my nearest and dearest from those three nationalties to let them know you think so highly of them :D:D

TA my cat has gone out gallivanting and I'm looking to close up shop for the night. I feel like a parent on watch waiting for a delinquent teenager to come home.

TA'd at cars parked up on footpaths - and I don't mean just two wheels up on the footpath, this car this evening, as I walked my dog, was completely up on the footpath - crossways. Like the owner had gotten out of the car to open a gate with the intention of driving it in to his driveway, then forgot to come back and drive the car in the rest of the way!
    Allright for me who can see, but a blind girl and her guide dog go walking that route every evening and I hope the dog got her around the car ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

It's annoying to see hundreds of comments under a photo or video all saying the same thing. Usually if the original poster made a tiny mistake in the description of the photo or video, about five million people will come out of the woodwork to correct their mistake. Or if a comment gets a lot of upvotes a bunch of copycats will comment the same thing to get some upvotes from people who haven't seen the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

I agree if it's said in the alphabet.. "ahh" "bee" "see".... or spelling out a word, in that case it's "ay", but if someone said "pass me 'ay' cup" it'd be all wrong!

So IMHO it depends on context! TA'd that it bothered me enough that I couldn't just not reply to your post

Ay is a letter, ah is a word
    CAT is spelled Ce Ay Te
    A cat is said...ah cat

Drives me mad too, some people try to tell me capital A is Ay and small a is ah.
    nope

TA today, my house is a mess and we have no clean dishes, eating cereal form a box

TA'd at the kango hammer going outside the office window. Going to be a long day if it keeps going. Whats even worse, it stops every now and again for a couple of minutes, and just as you think it might have stopped completely, it starts again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭SebastianT

People who speak really low on the phone. Speak up man, I'm not in a padded cell FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

TA'd that all the teaspoons at work have gone missing. Making coffee with a soup spoon is hard to get the measure right!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

At least you have soup spoons, I have had to use a fork many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Money saving technique by the business, the coffee goes further, very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Luxury!

When I were a lad, we used drink tea out of a rolled up newspaper
    (put on your finest Yorkshire accent!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I could have worked from home today. I should have worked from home today.
    But no, I came in to the office so I could have lunch with the usual gang.

But none of them were in and I ended up having lunch with someone who only seems to eat white food (fish, mash, caulli) and does not really understand the art of conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Leaving p*ss stains on the toilet seat. Clean it up ffs. :mad:

People who don't do courtesy flushes after doing a sh*te. I mean if the bowl is still dirty then maybe flush the toilet again. Happens all the time in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Winterlong wrote: »
    But none of them were in and I ended up having lunch with someone who only seems to eat white food (fish, mash, caulli) and does not really understand the art of conversation.

The big racist!!!!!!!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Got my car insurance renewal today! :( I have an EU licence, but in past years I was always able to get a decent quote somewhere. This year the cheapest I've been able to find so far is about twice the price as my current insurance! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

miezekatze wrote:
    Got my car insurance renewal today! I have an EU licence, but in past years I was always able to get a decent quote somewhere. This year the cheapest I've been able to find so far is about twice the price as my current insurance!

Try BOI..meant to be cheapest per the other thread.

I bought a new electric toothbrush and it's like a fecking drill,way too powerful and I'm afraid it's going to knock my teeth out.I tried it yesterday but gave up,twice today it blew the toothpaste off all over the place..why aren't there different speeds on them for those of us who'd like to keep our Pearlie's in their original position..FFS

Try BOI..meant to be cheapest per the other thread.

I bought a new electric toothbrush and it's like a fecking drill,way too powerful and I'm afraid it's going to knock my teeth out.I tried it yesterday but gave up,twice today it blew the toothpaste off all over the place..why aren't there different speeds on them for those of us who'd like to keep our Pearlie's in their original position..FFS

top tip: stick it in your gob before you turn it on

you get used to it after a day or two, it wont knock out any teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

ahlookit wrote:
    top tip: stick it in your gob before you turn it on

ahlookit wrote:
    you get used to it after a day or two, it wont knock out any teeth

Didn't have that problem with previous ones ,this one seems extremely strong and I'm afraid to turn it on in my mouth..I'm going to use it on my back teeth only until it calms down😵

TA that all the plans I had to get things done on my week off went by the board..I definitely get more done on days that I'm working..no bother eating and drinking though,annoyed with myself😠

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Not in the humour to move from the couch but exercise must be done :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

kfallon wrote: »
    Not in the humour to move from the couch but exercise must be done :(

I knew I wouldn't be interested in doing some this evening, so went out beforehand & now I am cream-crackered here. Very nearly had keyboard face at 4pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement