Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

People that don't pay their parking before getting in their car and then stop somewhere really bloody stupid put the hazards on and block up the whole place out of pure ignorance. How did you not pay......really thanks so much for adding ten minutes of sitting waiting to my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I came home from holidays today to a whole load of problems. That's my biggest TA but I have more.

People who can't get organised for security in the airport. They spend 10 minutes taking off their coats, belts, jewellery and whatever else. Then they forget their liquids and have to stand there for ages sorting them out. It drives me insane that they don't prepare themselves before getting into the queue.

Tourists. I know I was a tourist this week but I wasn't one of those idiotic ones who stopped in the middle of the street to look around and get their bearings. Why can't they just stand in out of the way?

All week I was complaining about not getting any peace from my mum and sisters because we were sharing a hotel room, but now I am a bit lonely all by myself.

Denial.

And finally, people touching my things without my permission.

I'm having a very bad and very TAing day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

KatW4 wrote: »
    I came home from holidays today to a whole load of problems. That's my biggest TA but I have more.

People who can't get organised for security in the airport. They spend 10 minutes taking off their coats, belts, jewellery and whatever else. Then they forget their liquids and have to stand there for ages sorting them out. It drives me insane that they don't prepare themselves before getting into the queue.

Tourists. I know I was a tourist this week but I wasn't one of those idiotic ones who stopped in the middle of the street to look around and get their bearings. Why can't they just stand in out of the way?

All week I was complaining about not getting any peace from my mum and sisters because we were sharing a hotel room, but now I am a bit lonely all by myself.

Denial.

I need to go to bed. I read that as "thongs".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

fussyonion wrote: »
    I need to go to bed. I read that as "thongs".

I'm sure Kat doesn't like that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

KatW4 wrote: »

Denial.

Are you my daughter:rolleyes:

(I know your not but sound exactly like her)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

fussyonion wrote:
    This has been happening to me too, but with Tesco. I buy milk and it has around 9 days left on the date. More often than not, it will turn about five or six days after I buy it.

Happens me all the time, but in a way I kinda like that. 9 days on a carton of milk strikes me as too much, used always be less years ago. So I rather it go off after few days than miraculously stay fresh forever!

TA'd that I slept funny and now spending today with a weird neck/shoulder pain. How hard is it to sleep right! Why are humans so bad at doing things that are essential for us to survive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

When half way thru a nice relaxing bath you realise that you did not bring a bath towel in to the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,351 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

TA'd at how certain Middle Eastern countries with no sporting pedigree whatsoever (Qatar, Bahrain, UAE etc) go and cherry pick some of the top talent from Africa to represent them at various sporting events, by simply shoving money in their direction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Gym/rugby culture in Ireland. Meat heads with massive biceps and 16 per cent bodyfat seem to reign supreme. If you are small but 10 per cent bodyfat in Ireland nobody cares. Its all about looking like a ****ing cloud. The gym culture here is so odd to witness, it just doesn't exist in southern europe, anyone that looks like the average 20 year old lad in south dublin would just look like a freak there. Bloated on creatine with no definition. Disugsting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

People who refuse to back up their posts..spineless.

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »
    People who refuse to back up their posts..spineless.

Prove it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The actor Simon Bird, that guy from The Inbetweeners.

He is awful and has an incredibly annoying manner. Acts the same way all the time, pulls the same faces. Irritating beyond belief.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

NIMAN wrote: »
    The actor Simon Bird, that guy from The Inbetweeners.

He is awful and has an incredibly annoying manner. Acts the same way all the time, pulls the same faces. Irritating beyond belief.

His character was so annoying, I know it was probably meant to be, but some of the faces he does were beyond irritating.

People who suddenly stop walking causing you collide or jump around them.

Oh and people who stand at the top or bottom of an escalator to have a chat or text on their phones, blocking entrance or exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

BabyE wrote: »
    His character was so annoying, I know it was probably meant to be, but some of the faces he does were beyond irritating.

Have you seen him in Friday Night Dinner?
    Acts exactly the same as he does in the InBetweeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Oh and people who stand at the top or bottom of an escalator to have a chat or text on their phones, blocking entrance or exit.

People who stand in the middle of the step on an escalator, preventing anyone else from getting by. Stand to the side!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Stupid Google, you and your stupid 'security features'!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just because I'm logging in from a different computer, considering I'm using the correct email address and password, despite my answering correctly a number of frankly irrelevant questions, it doesn't mean I'm a different person!! I really don't see why I should give you another email address or my mobile number just to get access to my own email. And when I do and you send me the 'unlock code', you still tell me it's wrong and you still refuse to let me access my messages. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait 'til I get home... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Feeling like I can't breathe since I woke up today. Being nice to myself though with tea & donuts :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

ahlookit wrote: »
    People who stand in the middle of the step on an escalator, preventing anyone else from getting by. Stand to the side!

TA'd with this too. They look at you funny when you try and get past - they all need to spend some time on the TUBE in London where some etiquette around this is practised :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

northgirl wrote: »
    TA'd with this too. They look at you funny when you try and get past - they all need to spend some time on the TUBE in London where some etiquette around this is practised :pac:

and if you don't obey the rules you get bulldozed out of the way by irate cockneys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

northgirl wrote: »

Ha! I was in London and a blind man and his guide dog were almost pushed down the escalator as the dog was standing beside his owner on the left. The asshole actually made him pick up the dog, a Labrador, so he could get past!

TA'd some people have no patience!

Why does jelly not taste as nice nowadays as it did when I was a kid? Thats a big TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

'Grate' Britain is grating on my nerves.
    Post match interviews from Tipp v Galway.... "ye know like at the end of the day like ye know it was a tough game ye know, fair play to the lads and all ye know like"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Winterlong wrote: »
    Why does jelly not taste as nice nowadays as it did when I was a kid? Thats a big TA.
    Probably because tastebuds change for pensioners with no teeth eating jelly. Absolutely nothing to do with the jelly.
    Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Post match interviews from Tipp v Galway.... "ye know like at the end of the day like ye know it was a tough game ye know, fair play to the lads and all ye know like"
    Oh God, always a huge TA of mine but I decided to stop complaining. There's just no escaping it. Ever.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

There's a certain part of my upper back that keeps hurting at the end of the day and no matter which way I sit, it niggles.

Fishfingers sticking to the grill pan.
    I tried putting them on the grill rack but the whole layer of crumbs comes off and the same happens on the actual pan itself.

Shint0 wrote: »
    Probably because tastebuds change for pensioners with no teeth eating jelly. Absolutely nothing to do with the jelly.

No, it's me that I am talking about. Fully toothed non-pensioner me. The jelly is definitely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Winterlong wrote: »

Cause your Mother made it, (probably) and everything she made tasted better, :rolleyes:
    (specially the thick beefy gravy, ahh (no bisto)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Gwynplaine wrote: »

Ha ha was just thinking the same about the post match mortems! TA'd that most GAA speak includes 'I s'pose, at the end of the day, look, at tne end of the day, look, I s'pose. I s'pose, I s'pose, I s'pose!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

An already expensive place increasing prices and adding a delivery charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TA why can't I melt butter and I don't mean in my mouth.

It comes out rock hard from the fridge. I put it in the microwave and try to find the right setting, right time bla bla but no matter what I do it either doesn't melt enough or on the next go it ends up swimming. I just can't seem to find the sweet spot.

Is there some secret to melting butter when it has just come out of the fridge because I need to learn the art.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement