Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Shint0 wrote: »
    TA why can't I melt butter and I don't mean in my mouth.

It comes out rock hard from the fridge. I put it in the microwave and try to find the right setting, right time bla bla but no matter what I do it either doesn't melt enough or on the next go it ends up swimming. I just can't seem to find the sweet spot.

Is there some secret to melting butter when it has just come out of the fridge because I need to learn the art.

Take it out of the fridge half an hour or so before you need it. :)

TA that the weekend is almost over already, it just seemed to fly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

It comes out rock hard from the fridge. I put it in the microwave and try to find the right setting, right time bla bla but no matter what I do it either doesn't melt enough or on the next go it ends up swimming. I just can't seem to find the sweet spot.

Is there some secret to melting butter when it has just come out of the fridge because I need to learn the art.

Give it 10 secs in the microwave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

fussyonion wrote: »

On the 'defrost' setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

miezekatze wrote: »
    Take it out of the fridge half an hour or so before you need it. :)
    fussyonion wrote: »
    I think I'll go with the 10 second rule. Half an hour beforehand is just waaay too organised for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Get a butter dish!
    I was dead against these until I moved in with my fella and he pushed me into it. Keeps the butter fresh while out of the fridge and it's just perfectly firm but spreadable.
    If we're away for a few days or the weather is stinking hot it gets put in the fridge, but 95% of the time it's perfect.

TA - I'm in Leitrim :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I hate being unpaid tech support for people because i "did computers in college". That was 10 years ago and i ended up working in a completely different industry because of money so i'm not an expert by any means.

I know a good bit but most of my "expertise" extends to not being afraid to do stuff with a computer/tablet because i know it's rather hard to **** things up so badly that i can't fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I hate being unpaid tech support for people because i "did computers in college". That was 10 years ago and i ended up working in a completely different industry because of money so i'm not an expert by any means.

I know a good bit but most of my "expertise" extends to not being afraid to do stuff with a computer/tablet because i know it's rather hard to **** things up so badly that i can't fix it.

It's even harder to try and fix it when someone rings you about it.

Trying to imagine what has happened & them going should I click ok on this message.

NO, just No, step away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Trying to imagine what has happened & them going should I click ok on this message.

"A thing popped upon the screen that said something about updates or something but i Xed out of it, not sure what it said but can you come over and fix it?"

/thing doesn't show up again, ever

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Or, when someone rings you from another country. To ask you to fix the wifi in their hotel. Cos you're ''good at that sh1t''

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Or, when someone rings you from another country. To ask you to fix the wifi in their hotel. Cos you're ''good at that sh1t''

This happened to one of the lads in work. Someone took a newly built and tested laptop to a another continent. Rang him while he was on call early on a Sunday morning, because the wifi in her hotel room wasn't working. The wifi was working fine in the lobby. But not in her room. Seriously.

Dealing with fcuking idiots is TAing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

My TA is that I have Tonsillitis for the third time in three months. I woke up last night in pain after the painkillers wore off. My voice is nearly gone and the OH keeps asking questions and making general conversation. I want to be left alone with painkillers and drinks.

I have a lot of TAs today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

mohawk wrote: »
    My TA is that I have Tonsillitis for the third time in three months. I woke up last night in pain after the painkillers wore off. My voice is nearly gone and the OH keeps asking questions and making general conversation. I want to be left alone with painkillers and drinks.

I have a lot of TAs today.

Might wanna consider having them removed if you're getting tonsillitis that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lucyfur wrote: »

Story Bud? wrote: »
    This happened to one of the lads in work. Someone took a newly built and tested laptop to a another continent. Rang him while he was on call early on a Sunday morning, because the wifi in her hotel room wasn't working. The wifi was working fine in the lobby. But not in her room. Seriously.

Dealing with fcuking idiots is TAing.

They are PICNIC issues.

Problem In Chair, Not In Computer.

TA'd I have too much patience & always come up with good retorts to these questions half an hour later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When the usual Sunday evening blues kick in but they're way worse after 2 weeks off and started to creep up on Friday..feel like crying😠

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

They are PICNIC issues.

Problem In Chair, Not In Computer.

TA'd I have too much patience & always come up with good retorts to these questions half an hour later.

Hadnt heard PICNIC before - will definitely be using that in future. We used to refer to them as a problem in the KCI (Keyboard Chair Interface)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA'd that I just ate a load of ice-cream that wasn't very nice and I didn't even really want :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That Biker Jacket Smithwicks ad. It's on every channel all the time.
    Sunday night blues.
    A quick WhatsApp message to someone, and they ring back. Go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

"BOOMSHAKALAKA"

STFU ya dope ya..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

The big crack I have just noticed across my phone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

TA'd that I'm getting old and a hangover lasts for 2 days even though I spent most of yesterday asleep. And TA'd people are trying to have chats at 8am in work with me. GO AWAY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Not enough sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I am learning to drive. You can't miss me as I'm in the learner's car with all the driving school gumph on the sides and the big sign on the roof. I have stalled at the lights and am struggling to restart. You, directly behind me beeping me out of it isn't going to help the situation in any way whatsoever. I hope your penis falls off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Vel wrote: »
    I am learning to drive. You can't miss me as I'm in the learner's car with all the driving school gumph on the sides and the big sign on the roof. I have stalled at the lights and am struggling to restart. You, directly behind me beeping me out of it isn't going to help the situation in any way whatsoever. I hope your penis falls off

Can never understand d!ckheads who do that to learner drivers, we all had to start somewhere.

TA'd that it's not Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Colser wrote: »
    People who refuse to back up their posts..spineless.

Link?

TA I'm so hungry today and I am meant to be on a diet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I'm usually TA'ed about not currently having a job - not today

After I typed that I got TAed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

There is an ad on the radio at the moment and I swear I actually want to flay the two stupid dumb cúnts in it. It's a one for all ad, and it is basically just these two idiots talking about how one of their boyfriends finally "got it right" and bought the right present. The other one sneers, "oh let me guess, another scarf?" and then....THEN does this fake laugh that can only be described as a bottom feeder on acid having an orgasm. The other one says no she got a voucher and launches into a monologue on all her "favourite" stores she can use it in. Then the other silly bint is all like, "Oh. I'm off to tell Cillian what to get me next year" - Cillian has thrown himself from a building by now if he knows what's good for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Why is a voucher better than cash?

A voucher is the worst kind of gift IMHO

TAed at receiving vouchers as gifts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

People who laugh at their own jokes. But they aren't even jokes. They just tend to laugh at everything that comes out of their own mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

mansize wrote: »
    Why is a voucher better than cash?

A voucher is the worst kind of gift IMHO

TAed at receiving vouchers as gifts

Some people feel with cash they should pay off a debt or a bill or something. Vouchers have to be spent in a shop so they get to buy something for themselves.

TA'd that shaky desk guy across from me has now started to pull up the blinds when I go to the toilet. I don't think he understands that a glass wall means there's going to be a glare on my screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

To whoever TA'd the fish fingers, I rarely have them but when I do i turn them after maybe 5 minutes on the grill pan wire thing and it keeps the delish crumby coating on.

TA'd at the commentators for both the golf and tennis yesterday. Not sure if they were the same person but making silly mistakes by getting over excited so announcing the wrong score, or just baffling crap talk which was so unnecessary.
    I had originally been watching a good stream of the tennis with proper commentators but was kicked out of my bedroom by OH who wanted to play some new weird video game about planets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement