Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Utah wrote: »
    Some people feel with cash they should pay off a debt or a bill or something. Vouchers have to be spent in a shop so they get to buy something for themselves.

TA'd that shaky desk guy across from me has now started to pull up the blinds when I go to the toilet. I don't think he understands that a glass wall means there's going to be a glare on my screen

Is that not spying?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Vel wrote:
    I am learning to drive. You can't miss me as I'm in the learner's car with all the driving school gumph on the sides and the big sign on the roof. I have stalled at the lights and am struggling to restart. You, directly behind me beeping me out of it isn't going to help the situation in any way whatsoever. I hope your penis falls off

I hate people like this. Good luck with it :) My younger sister is learning to drive and she panicked because some idiot was driving up her arse. She conked the car at the roundabout and because he kept beeping at her, she couldn't start it again. He drove around her and gave her the finger. What a complete and utter wanker!!!

TA waiting for the guy to install the internet for my mum but he won't tell us the actual time. I have to wait around all day for him when I have other things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

It's too nice out to be stuck in work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Why do some parents find it necessary to speak LOUDLY to their children like they are deaf plebs? Is it because they want us all to hear the great conversations they have with their Little Lord Fauntelroys so we can look on in awe and envy?

Mother walking in front of me discussing the days of the week with her little one and asking her to call them out in Irish to her, and all done in a booming voice as if the child has cotton wool stuck in her ears. Although maybe she does, in order to drown out the sound of her mother.

And then I get the look back and smile to see if I am listening and doting on her spawn like I presume she thinks I should be. I was in such a bad mood I actually looked right back at her and said 'yeah?'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

My kids making a show of me!

I bumped into someone in a cafe who I had worked on a project for. Full of her own self-importance and just not very nice. We were making awkward small talk, when my son who had been to the loo with my sister ran over and interrupted us to tell me his delightful and exciting news:

'Mummy, I wasn't able to get that poo out even though I was pushing really hard so I had to suck it back up and I'll try again later'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

People who finish a conversation with "TTYL".

Cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    People who laugh at their own jokes. But they aren't even jokes. They just tend to laugh at everything that comes out of their own mouth.

Reminds me of your man Francis Brennan on tha RtE show touring India. He comes out with the most inane ****e "Oh look at Breda there in her matching shoes and bag, all glam" and they all p1ss themselves laughing.

Vel wrote: »
    Why do some parents find it necessary to speak LOUDLY to their children like they are deaf plebs? Is it because they want us all to hear the great conversations they have with their Little Lord Fauntelroys so we can look on in awe and envy?

Mother walking in front of me discussing the days of the week with her little one and asking her to call them out in Irish to her, and all done in a booming voice as if the child has cotton wool stuck in her ears. Although maybe she does, in order to drown out the sound of her mother.

And then I get the look back and smile to see if I am listening and doting on her spawn like I presume she thinks I should be. I was in such a bad mood I actually looked right back at her and said 'yeah?'!!

Because they want the rest of the world to experience their nouveau parenting skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

People saying 'rock up to'. Please STOP!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Nipping in to IKEA to but sine napkins and emerging thirty mins later with a trolley load of tat.

• Advertisement

Winterlong wrote: »
    Nipping in to IKEA to but sine napkins and emerging thirty mins later with a trolley load of tat.

One does not "nip" into IKEA any more than one nips into the bowels of hell :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Seems like everyone in the area is using their lawn mowers and strimmers at once. Deafening.
    I just wanna relax in my chair with this glimmer of sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Reminds me of your man Francis Brennan on tha RtE show touring India. He comes out with the most inane ****e "Oh look at Breda there in her matching shoes and bag, all glam" and they all p1ss themselves laughing.

I'm pretty sure their all pissed in that

TA.....hit my hand with a hammer in work.....swollen as fcuk....hurts to move me fingers :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

"did you read my post?!"

Yeah and it was full of waffle, you sh1t eating c*nt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

failinis wrote: »
    Seems like everyone in the area is using their lawn mowers and strimmers at once. Deafening.

****ING LEGIT. Just chill out ffs we hardly get sun, enjoy it when we get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,643 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

TA'd when people mow their lawns one after the other like there's only one lawnmower which they all share and I have to listen to it all day.
    "Why can't ye all so it at the same time so I only have to listen to it for one hour!"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

TA'd when people mow their lawns one after the other like there's only one lawnmower which they all share and I have to listen to it all day.
    "Why can't ye all so it at the same time so I only have to listen to it for one hour!"

My idiot neighbour cuts the grass on a Sunday. Maybe it's me, but keep down the noise on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

failinis wrote: »

Can ye swap houses please......;)

TA'd that I'm out of fresh lemons....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

People who create jams and tailbacks in car parks by insisting on reversing into spaces. It takes four times as long to reverse into a tight spot as it does to reverse out into the open.

Drive in, back out. Quicker, less risk of a bump or scrape and keeps everyone moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA'd that I need a big ripper of a fart :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Home with the family for a week... TA'd that the one working light in the attic bedroom I'm sharing with my son is right over his cot. Also TA'd at myself for not setting up a VPN before I left for iPlayer purposes, **** RTE's Olympics coverage with a rusty spork.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Half one in the morning and for the second night in a row my dog is barking and howling like a banshee below in the porch. Kept it up till after 3.00 last night. Luckily im in the shticks as he has fierce loud bark. The yeowling is a bit eerie at this hour. Shut up ya boxxxx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Having to block someone on your Facebook newsfeed cos they're spamming it up with 'inspirational' quote pics/vids, etc but at the same time not wanting to miss out on interesting statuses/news.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

First Up wrote: »
    People who create jams and tailbacks in car parks by insisting on reversing into spaces..

TA'd by people who create jams and tailbacks in car parks by insisting on not reversing into spaces... :D

It's safer and more economical too!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

First Up wrote: »
    People who create jams and tailbacks in car parks by insisting on reversing into spaces. It takes four times as long to reverse into a tight spot as it does to reverse out into the open.

Drive in, back out. Quicker, less risk of a bump or scrape and keeps everyone moving.

I don't know what it is but I find it much easier to reverse into a spot than to drive straight in. If it's a tight spot with cars on both sides or pillars it's usually hard to get the car at the correct angle to just drive right in and I end up reversing back anyway to straighten it up. May as well have reversed in the first place as I'd be quicker doing that but maybe that's just me.

TA'd at a van who was driving in front of me doing 50km in a 80km zone and then further on just as we were turning off a roundabout he stopped dead to let someone cut in from another lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So I was given a Kindle last week as a gift and just as I was kinda getting into the whole ebook thing, I dropped it last night on the stairs of all places and now it's completely fúcked :(. To make matters worse, it also came with a fancy protective case, so a fat lot of good that did.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

whiskeyman wrote:
    TA'd by people who create jams and tailbacks in car parks by insisting on not reversing into spaces...

Not my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

So I was given a Kindle last week as a gift and just as I was kinda getting into the whole ebook thing, I dropped it last night on the stairs of all places and now it's completely fúcked :(. To make matters worse, it also came with a fancy protective case, so a fat lot of good that did.

Try talking to an amazon rep on their support chat system- they are normally very helpful. They might be able to do you a favour if you explain the situation. It's worth a shot at least. They replaced a kindle belonging to my niece a couple of years ago when it suddenly stopped working, even though they were under no obligation to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

ahlookit wrote: »
    Hadnt heard PICNIC before - will definitely be using that in future. We used to refer to them as a problem in the KCI (Keyboard Chair Interface)

Otherwise known as PEBCAK - Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard

The other favourite is the ID ten T error. Works better verbally, and then when someone asks you what it is, tell them to write it down. Replace the ten with numerals, and all becomes obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm cracking up with the amount of times I have to take off my glasses and clean the lenses. They are constantly getting smeary, and it's worse this last couple of warm days :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement