Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

TA'd when people say I myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

How the hell did I get a blob of pesto on my shoulder? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

I'm abroad so keeping up-to-date on Olympics via a few different websites and I am so annoyed that Michael Conlan is all over the homepage on the RTE website- Annalise Murphy just won a feckin silver medal, it should be her face plastered all over the website!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Cars who don't let buses pull out. That's alright love you just keep us blocked in here. Once your car with it's single occupant can get ahead sure who gives a toss about the 100 people on the bus. Wánkers.

Leaving Cert. results reporting. Same thing every year.

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Especially from the private grind schools. Bleugh.

"Clodagh got 7 A1s from attending Killjoy College. We have special study cells where they spend 7 months with just their books and a case of Red Bull...

Fees €90,000 a term."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Maths status: still difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

TA'd at all drivers. All the time.

ah no.. just most of them. I could have a whole thread on them.

especially the ones that drive painfully slowly on bendy roads, where I can't pass them, then foot to the floor on straights, where I might have a chance of passing them, then slow right down again its like MAKE UP YOUR F***ING MIND DUDE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Aglomerado wrote: »

"Clodagh got 7 A1s from attending Killjoy College. We have special study cells where they spend 7 months with just their books and a case of Red Bull...

Fees €90,000 a term."

"Clodagh is going to go f**kin bananas next year when she gets to college and isn't living in study borstal"

Cyclists in front of me when I am driving who keep looking back at me expecting me to overtake them when it is clearly not safe. No I will not cross a fúcking continuous white line and risk being hosed down off the road just because you think I am driving slowly behind you to annoy or intimidate you. You can look at me all you like, I'll overtake you when it is safe to do so and not before.

Also people who pull in at stupid spots on the road, forcing people to overtake them on a bend. What the actual fúck is wrong with people. And you sticking your arm out the window beckoning me to come on because YOU can see around the bend does not instill confidence in me to pass you. You could be a maniac having a laugh for all I know.

Generally, Irish motorists who think putting their hazards on excuse any and all stupid behavior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Aglomerado wrote: »

Fees €90,000 a term."

In the old days we used to consider those places special facilities for the Hard of Understanding. How the times have changed. As pointed out down-thread, Clodagh is going to turn on the system and her creators, Cylon-style, when she gets out of the hothouse. :pac::pac::pac:

ahlookit wrote: »
    "Clodagh is going to go f**kin bananas next year when she gets to college and isn't living in study borstal"

:D "Study Borstal" :D:D:D:D

Currently jobseeking, and more than a major TA is that every single job I like requires experience. You can't get the job because you don't have experience. But you can't get experience because you can't get the job...because you have no experience! How the actual fúck are you supposed to get said experience if you can never get a job because you lack experience?!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

TAd that I didn't get an email this morning from the national lottery to say I had won.

Currently jobseeking, and more than a major TA is that every single job I like requires experience. You can't get the job because you don't have experience. But you can't get experience because you can't get the job...because you have no experience! How the actual fúck are you supposed to get said experience if you can never get a job because you lack experience?!

I think the idea is that if one is to participate in the Amazing Economic Celtic Unicorn Recovery Doo-Dah, one must first go working for nothing. Sounds more like Uganda than Western Europe to me, but hi-ho. :mad:

jimgoose wrote: »
    I think the idea is that if one is to participate in the Amazing Economic Celtic Unicorn Recovery Doo-Dah, one must first go working for nothing. Sounds more like Uganda than Western Europe to me, but hi-ho. :mad:

I've been working for years. I studied part time to get my recent qualification and my TA is that I cant get into that field without experience but nobody seems to be willing to offer anyone the opportunity to get the experience in the first place. And no I am not working for nothing after all my dedication and sacrifices!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Shops that sell birthday cards but not stamps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

TA'd about the feeling that I have to go to gym. I just want to sit down and do nothing!!!

Zymurgist wrote: »
    Shops that sell birthday cards but not stamps

IIRC, under the Stamp Duties Consolidation Act, 1999 a license is needed to sell stamps, along with a surety of €1,270. So not every shop bothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I feel bad for every lc student that did good in the exam. All over media are people saying not to feel bad if you didn't do well in the LC because it means nothing.

It must suck to get good results and on the drive home hear and read people telling you that the lc means nothing.

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    I feel bad for every lc student that did good in the exam. All over media are people saying not to feel bad if you didn't do well in the LC because it means nothing.

It must suck to get good results and on the drive home hear and read people telling you that the lc means nothing.

I'm afraid that's Limerick Cit-AAAH:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

GMSA wrote: »
    Half one in the morning and for the second night in a row my dog is barking and howling like a banshee below in the porch. Kept it up till after 3.00 last night. Luckily im in the shticks as he has fierce loud bark. The yeowling is a bit eerie at this hour. Shut up ya boxxxx.

My guess is a bitch in heat your area, or possibly another dog.

Nowadays the only email I get on the work system is automated spew from various systems. Actual communication between people is supposed to take place via new-fangled, Segway-riding, propeller-head collaborative cool-dude applications, seemingly a new one every week or so. Blerp, Twang, Fester, Boogaloo, I dunno - they're all the same, and all reminiscent of a couple of hundred tipsy people at a cocktail party all yelling at each other. I hate it!! :pac:

Applying for a new job and expecting the phone to ring straight away...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Coffee shops that serve boiling hot coffee in paper cups so you end up scalding your tongue and can't drink it for ages. I always end up having to throw out a lot of it cos I run out of time before it's finally cold enough to drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

feeling obliged to go to a family meal and "fake" talk with people :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

putting 2euro into a vending machine for a 1euro bar and getting 50c change... :angry:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

jimgoose wrote: »
    Nowadays the only email I get on the work system is automated spew from various systems. Actual communication between people is supposed to take place via new-fangled, Segway-riding, propeller-head collaborative cool-dude applications, seemingly a new one every week or so. Blerp, Twang, Fester, Boogaloo, I dunno - they're all the same, and all reminiscent of a couple of hundred tipsy people at a cocktail party all yelling at each other. I hate it!! :pac:

ah stop yammering on and cut the new system some slack ;)

ahlookit wrote: »
    ah stop yammering on and cut the new system some slack ;)

@slackbot: Sod off! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

US gameshows.

The contestants are usually insufferable a-holes. It's really noticeable on The Chase. On the Bristish one, I'd generally hope the team win, but on the US version...too much "hollerin'" and high five YEAHHHHHHHH WOOOOOOOOO nonsense. I generally want the Chaser to win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement