Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Trivial Annoyance: Part 1
    The Purchasing Department for my place is in India, and they are full of multiples of questions every day. Fair enough. When they start to be the same questions you've already answered a few times, it can get trivially annoying. And not just the same type of question. The same exact question about some particular company or item.

"This order will not work. Please respond."
    "You're trying to create it to the wrong vendor. Here are all the details you need. Change it and it will work." sez I.

"You're using the wrong vendor. Have you changed it?"

"You're using the wrong vendor.
    "You're using the wrong vendor. "
    "You're using the wrong vendor."

"I've changed the vendor. Can you tell me their e-mail address?"
    I had a few e-mail addresses but thought I'd get the company's sales e-mail address.

Trivial Annoyance: Part 2
    Just to be sure, I went to this Irish company's seemingly impressive website. Clicked on 'Contacts'. There's just a form to fill out and they'll get back to me. Thanks a lot. No e-mail address, not even a phone number! I hate that.

I got sorted it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

...And I hate trivially annoyances that go on and on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

It's NOT a Jeep, it's a Nissan Quashqai/Hyundai Tucson/BMW X5/X3 etc,
    If it hasn't got JEEP written on it, it ISN'T a feckin JEEP, it's an S.U.V, (to be kind)

The car (hand) wash in Cornelscourt, cars E8, jeeps E1 extra, FFS. why only Jeeps?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭galwayguy85

Sneezing like my life is soon to be over after biting into an Airwaves chewing gum.. but when I actually want my nasal passages to clear (when I have a cold etc) füçk all happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Trivially annoyed that there is some shop in town has started their christmas market in august. That's just stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Couriers yet again. Can't be arsed to ring me 5-10 mins in advance so i could meet on the main road. Much easier to send a text saying that the package is in a village shop 2 miles away. This is becoming unacceptable. If I'm paying for shipping it should be dropped at my door.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

People in the office whispering; so rude and annoying. If you have something to talk about you don't want me to hear, take it somewhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

IBS.
    I've had a big swollen belly all day and it was so painful breathing in and walking.
    It only went away when I got home and put my pj's on and took my meds.
    I hate IBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I know what you mean but there's not a person alive who doesn't judge others to some extent.

Oh I completely agree and I do it myself. I was just upset by a snarky comment, hence the TA.

TA for now is that I have to get up every 2 hours during the night to bottle feed a kitten. Well I don't mind but her mammy keeps trying to steal her away from me which gets annoying and awkward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Couriers yet again. Can't be arsed to ring me 5-10 mins in advance so i could meet on the main road. Much easier to send a text saying that the package is in a village shop 2 miles away. This is becoming unacceptable. If I'm paying for shipping it should be dropped at my door.

Happened me today too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Driving in the bright morning sunshine on very wet roads.. the glare!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,351 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Microsoft Outlook 2016

F*ck you to Hell, Fu*k f*c*ing you to hell for all of eternity, you ******* ****. ******************************

Corporate laptop, so have to update when they get sent down the line, and the new outlook is a load of crap,

send a few emails with attachments all at the same time = crash
    attach a few emails into a new email as attachments and try to send = crash

crash crash fcuking crash!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Windows 10

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Windows 10

Any thing before or after Windows 95.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I got my eyebrows waxed on Wednesday and they're still sore today. Very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Train commuters that repeatedly press the "Open doors" button before the train has come to a full stop or the chime has started to indicate the doors can be opened.

That, like so many others, I paid extra for a diesel engine car in the knowledge that the fuel is cheaper but the government this week said it is policy to increase taxes on diesel so that it will be the same price as petrol.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is probably the most trivial thing ever.

People that work in housekeeping in hotels, when at home do they also make the first sheet on the toilet roll into a little triangle?

Boom_Bap wrote: »

People that work in housekeeping in hotels, when at home do they also make the first sheet on the toilet roll into a little triangle?

No they dont.
    I married a person who used to be a waitress for a while. Imagine my disappointment that the dinner gets flung at me some nights when all I want is her to serve it to me, pour my drink and make sure the glass is topped up all night long. Big TA right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Winterlong wrote:
    No they dont. I married a person who used to be a waitress for a while. Imagine my disappointment that the dinner gets flung at me some nights when all I want is her to serve it to me, pour my drink and make sure the glass is topped up all night long. Big TA right there.

Obviously she's not impressed by your tip😛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Radio presenters / Radio guests who (IMO) deliberately mispronounce words, maybe in the hope it'll 'catch on' ?
    'Kildren' for children, or a lady guest on Newstalk yesterday who said 'Guvenile' for Juvenile, and southern accented folk pronouncing the number two as 'tueue' to give their accent a Northern twist, for some reason.
    Oh yes, and folks (when being interviewed) begin an answer with "I mean"
    Major TA

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA'd that I have to wait til 4ish to get out of here, Jaysus I have some goo on me today!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Yes, I have a family member who works in a very upmarket place and she does it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

DanMurphy wrote: »
    Radio presenters / Radio guests who (IMO) deliberately mispronounce words, maybe in the hope it'll 'catch on' ?
    'Kildren' for children, or a lady guest on Newstalk yesterday who said 'Guvenile' for Juvenile, and southern accented folk pronouncing the number two as 'tueue' to give their accent a Northern twist, for some reason.
    Oh yes, and folks (when being interviewed) begin an answer with "I mean"
    Major TA
    They pronounced it like goovenile? WTF???

Pettiness and spite. There's way too much of it around these days. People wishing the worst for total strangers, just because.

It's just so small minded and mean-spirited. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

"Recipes" that include some kind of box mix as the main ingredient.

The neighbour's extremely loud TV.

The fact that my head has felt really weird for days and I can't afford the doctor for a while. Stupid vertigo. I bumped my head this morning which really helped that!

Nail polish that chips almost the minute it dries.

I have to say it's beginning to bother me that I'm calling two more senior people in my job Ms and Mr and they haven't said "Call me [insert first name]" yet. This is what usually happens when dealing with more senior people. If they persist in this, they'll be the only two people in my life that I repeatedly address as "Mr" or "Ms". Really weird feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

People who use 'banter' to openly insult you.

Being off Thursday and having to come back in to work Friday.

Begrudgers. Live and let live FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

My colleague's out of office email instructs people to direct all queries to me while he's away for a fortnight... but I haven't a clue of some of the work he's been doing as it didn't concern me, now I'm being plagued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

They pronounced it like goovenile? WTF???

Yep...Goovenile.
    'Kildren and other gooveniles' :D:pac::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement