Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

selous wrote: »
    It's NOT a Jeep, it's a Nissan Quashqai/Hyundai Tucson/BMW X5/X3 etc,
    If it hasn't got JEEP written on it, it ISN'T a feckin JEEP, it's an S.U.V, (to be kind)

The car (hand) wash in Cornelscourt, cars E8, jeeps E1 extra, FFS. why only Jeeps?

Ask them to Hoover your car for you as well

DanMurphy wrote: »
    Radio presenters / Radio guests who (IMO) deliberately mispronounce words, maybe in the hope it'll 'catch on' ?
    'Kildren' for children, or a lady guest on Newstalk yesterday who said 'Guvenile' for Juvenile, and southern accented folk pronouncing the number two as 'tueue' to give their accent a Northern twist, for some reason.
    Oh yes, and folks (when being interviewed) begin an answer with "I mean"
    Major TA

Can't say I have come across that kildren and guvinile thing. And curious as to why anyone would want to put a northern twist on a southern (whatever that is) accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Getting onto British customer care teams who pretend you're speaking another language just cos you're Irish and being met with massive disdain to top it all off. Oh those filthy Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Repeat an entire opening post because of course nobody knows what you are referring to. It's urine boiling when someone does repeat the entire opening post just to post one line. Just read an opening post, someone quotes the whole f**king thing to reply with 2 words and a smiley! For f**k sake!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Radio hosts who constantly switch between English and Irish mid-sentence. Headwrecking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

DanMurphy wrote: »
    Yep...Goovenile.
    'Kildren and other gooveniles' :D:pac::D

I've heard it all now. Kill me, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Also hate that deliberate, ridiculous pause that newsreaders do between the second last and last word in their........

...sentence and then they rush straight into the next............

....one this really annoys.......

...me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

That the English language version of the Irish constitution is different to the Irish language version, and where these differences exist it's the Irish one that takes precedence.

In effect the actual Irish constitution can not be read by the majority of the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    "Recipes" that include some kind of box mix as the main ingredient.

Stop using American sites for recipes. It's a joke...

Super Chocolate Cakes From Scratch!
    Oh sounds promising...
    Ingredients:
    Self-raising flour
    Sugar
    Butter
    Spinkles
    Chocolate bar...
    (so far so good)...
    Kraft Instant Shake n' Bake Cake Mix

Oh fuuck off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

loaning people items who when you ask for their return feign ignorance. lesson learnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,644 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Ads that have children speaking as adults. There's no way I can imagine a child having an informed view of the topic. It's like the people running it are thinking "who cares if it makes sense, it's cute". F off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

KungPao wrote: »
    Stop using American sites for recipes. It's a joke...

Super Chocolate Cakes From Scratch!
    Oh sounds promising...
    Ingredients:
    Self-raising flour
    Sugar
    Butter
    Spinkles
    Chocolate bar...
    (so far so good)...
    Kraft Instant Shake n' Bake Cake Mix

Oh fuuck off!

It's infuriating, damn Americans and their lazy recipes.

TA I'm now really craving chocolate cake! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

That the English language version of the Irish constitution is different to the Irish language version, and where these differences exist it's the Irish one that takes precedence.

In effect the actual Irish constitution can not be read by the majority of the population.

And possibly not by the majority of Supreme Court judges, who are the arbiters of what is/isn't constitutional!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Now this is trivial.

The An Post/Late Late Show competition mail shot delivered by An Post (junk mail)

Name--- and a load of little squares to print your name
    Address--- a load more squares to print address
    Eircode-- and 6 squares to print your code.......eircode has 7 digits :eek:

Who didn't proof read???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭Comhrá

When the Morning Ireland crew on RTE Radio One regularly say the wrong hour when giving out the time-checks. Happens with monotonous regularity.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

The new Ikea ad, where the auld fella makes lunch for the kid.

Well at the end of the ad, he's all smiles, then eats some soup and then his expression changes completely like he's recalling some major tragedy that befell him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    It's infuriating, damn Americans and their lazy recipes.

TA I'm now really craving chocolate cake! :p

Ah that really annoys me too. I have a few Americans on my FB friends list and they are always posting 'recipes' like that. Put some shop bought pastry into muffin tins, then put in the filling which was made from a packet, then bake. What's the point?

TA that I have to get on a plane tomorrow, so much hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

People who cry for freedom of speech, but only when it suits them.

Some girl was on Matt Coopers Last Word today wanting some South African preacher banned from coming to Ireland as she doesnt agree with his views on gay marriage etc.

She then added that loads of tickets had been sold for this appearance, so obviously she wants to decide for those people that they cannot hear this man speak.

I bet you she'd be the first one defending Charlie Hebdo's freedom to insult Muslims with offensive cartoons.

What the hell is the "smart uses Aer Lingus" ad designed to do? It's as annoying as the "Are we there yet" donkey from Bóthar's Christmas ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Nominees for most annoying song of the year....
    Rihanna - work work work work work work work
    7 years.

I dive for the remote or radio when I hear them come on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

That's brilliant, I didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Lately with me its interviews.

TAd that my dream job came up, and I applied, and I got interviewed, and I did really well...but in practical terms we all agreed that I couldn't take the job because of the very long commute and that I am already committed to working two days a week elsewhere.

TAd that this two days I am doing for 3 years has now been formalised and I have to interview for it next week.

TAd that I have another important job interview the day after I leave with all my family for a holiday in France and that the training for the job takes place 2 days before I come home.

TAd I'm too young and broke to retire:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

selous wrote: »
    Eircode-- and 6 squares to print your code.......eircode has 7 digits :eek:

Who didn't proof read???:D

The muppets have used a template for UK postcodes. Cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

This is actually way more than a TA. Someone I know drove him after drinking last night. Plus some other people I know were in the car with him. Absolute bloody idiots!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People talking about Christmas already.

I love Christmas but it's spoiled for me when the build-up begins in August.
    By the time Christmas comes around I'm sick of it.

When I was a kid, you started getting excited around the first of December. It was magical because it was only a short period of festivity, but now it's starting earlier and earlier and it really takes the magic away from it.

Brown Thomas opened their Christmas shop the other day and it just made me feel sad for Christmas years ago when the tree went up in the middle of December and you didn't do your shopping until December 1st.

Why the rush to start festivities early?

I scowled at the display of tinned sweets and boxes of biscuits in my local supermarket yesterday, such was my anger!

I just met someone I used to work with. The person in question had a small kid with them, and as we exchanged pleasantries said person introduced the child.

Did ever hear a moniker so fcuking ridiculous that you get the urge to beat the living sh1t out of the parent for being such an attention seeking asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I just met someone I used to work with. The person in question had a small kid with them, and as we exchanged pleasantries said person introduced the child.

Did ever hear a moniker so fcuking ridiculous that you get the urge to beat the living sh1t out of the parent for being such an attention seeking asshole.

We'd better be seeing a post from you pronto over in the 'Worst kid's names you've ever heard' thread or I will be very annoyed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

People who P.M you then have no storage space left when you reply to them.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,351 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

People who bring an Irish flag to a sporting event and hang it in such a way that it looks fine to them, yet for everyone else, (and the to cameras) it looks like an Ivory Coast flag!

(And no, unless Ivorians have suddenly evolved to have red hair, freckles & the ability to burn lobster red, it is definitely Irish people with Irish flags)

• Advertisement

1) People at the top of a queue who dose off and hold the rest of us up. Top of the queue = you're going to be called very, very soon. Stay alert.

2) People who refuse to park their car - usually an suv of some sort in this case - in a single car space and therefore take up two spaces in packed car parks. They should be clamped.

3) Shopping centres which refuse to provide parking spaces for people with young babies. Have any of you tried to squeese a baby into its car seat when hemmed in by another car? Are we supposed to put the baby on our lap, drive into the traffic lane, stop and block the other cars and then get out with them and strap them into their seats? Or should we just put the baby in the boot with the shopping?

4) People who can't manage the evidently dexterous task of driving up to the exit barrier to a position where they can physically put their paid parking card into the slot and consequently after many stretches while we all wait end up walking over to said slot.

5) Shopping. See all above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement