Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Baby clothes sizing. Got new babygros yesterday, 6-9m is almost too short already on my son who is 5 months next week! A pity because they are really cute...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have to go to college to do my Religious certificate tomorrow. I am not pleased.

Also I am missing the last night of the festival in our town tonight because I have to go to Dublin tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Drivers that pull out in front of you at the last minute and proceed to drive in front of you some 10-15k under the speed limit :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Jesus Christ, you're so annoying! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Shop sizes are not the same in certain shops,
    some shops i need xxl, some shops xl coats are fine.
    some shops do not stock any clothes over L size at all.
    I go to a chinese restaurant with a friend ,
    the manager talks to us for 10 minutes about his weekend,going to pub.
    totally boring me.
    Please give me the menu, take my order ,please do not talk to me about anything.
    I go to cafes in dublin,order my food ,no one talks to me its great.
    i don,t need meaningless trivial small talk from staff .
    drivers that do not bother using indicators at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

A neighbour gave us a wardrobe for our daughter's room. We now have a small chest of drawers that's currently in the hall that I'm not sure what to do with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

riclad wrote: »
    Shop sizes are not the same in certain shops,
    some shops i need xxl, some shops xl coats are fine.
    some shops do not stock any clothes over L size at all.
    I go to a chinese restaurant with a friend ,
    the manager talks to us for 10 minutes about his weekend,going to pub.
    totally boring me.
    Please give me the menu, take my order ,please do not talk to me about anything.
    I go to cafes in dublin,order my food ,no one talks to me its great.
    i don,t need meaningless trivial small talk from staff .
    drivers that do not bother using indicators at all.

I've noticed that an awful lot recently and it's really TA'ing me, especially when it's on the M50 and people are just pulling into lanes with no indication at all, all while travelling at high speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

KKkitty wrote: »
    A neighbour gave us a wardrobe for our daughter's room. We now have a small chest of drawers that's currently in the hall that I'm not sure what to do with.

If you're in Dublin I could try take it off ya, I'm looking for one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Went to Dunnes yesterday and got a wrap. The deli person was either new or really hungover. What I got was a shambles of a thing. TA'd I didn't do anything about it as I didn't want to cause a fuss :(

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

1)
    4) People who can't manage the evidently dexterous task of driving up to the exit barrier to a position where they can physically put their paid parking card into the slot and consequently after many stretches while we all wait end up walking over to said slot.

That's me, about 50% of the time, I'm just too short to reach....I have to get up really close, undo my seatbelt and stand up in the car to reach...very uncomfortable. I dread travelling to France with darling husband as we take our own car and all the toll booths are on my side...I'm hanging out the window to reach dropping about €30 in €1 cons into the machine, I usually end up with a badly bruised abdomen by the time we reach our destination.

TAd that the world isn't better designed for short people.

TAd that I have very bad trapped wind and it isn't going anywhere, its so bad I cant even eat.

• Advertisement

tringle wrote: »
    That's me, about 50% of the time, I'm just too short to reach....I have to get up really close, undo my seatbelt and stand up in the car to reach...very uncomfortable. I dread travelling to France with darling husband as we take our own car and all the toll booths are on my side...I'm hanging out the window to reach dropping about €30 in €1 cons into the machine, I usually end up with a badly bruised abdomen by the time we reach our destination.

TAd that the world isn't better designed for short people.

TAd that I have very bad trapped wind and it isn't going anywhere, its so bad I cant even eat.

Oh, I get that too and it's a killer!

TA'd that as usual on a Sunday night, I can't sleep, even though I was in bed at 9.30!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The lovely girls competition is on this week. Oh god. With that buffoon hosting it, with his hands in his pockets, waffling on about GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

selous wrote: »
    Now this is trivial.

The An Post/Late Late Show competition mail shot delivered by An Post (junk mail)

Eircode-- and 6 squares to print your code.......eircode has 7 digits :eek:

Who didn't proof read???:D
    That was somebody's little protest about An Post/Eircode integration, I bet.
    tippman1 wrote: »
    When the Morning Ireland crew on RTE Radio One regularly say the wrong hour when giving out the time-checks. Happens with monotonous regularity.:(
    They probably just used what they have recorded from the previous hour. ;)

I just got a new chair in work but the seat won't adjust properly. It's higher at the front than the back, but won't adjust. More importantly, the maximum seat height isn't high enough. Myself and my colleague have a long desk that's higher than usual because we're both fairly tall, but my new chair is even too low for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

When threads which started out great end up going on too long and going round in circles; no moving forward or taking action. Sometimes people need to pee or get off the pot as people lose interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Trying to study whilst listening to music, but the tunes are too good and end up distracting you! Damn you, citizen erased by muse!

When you're full of thoughts about a project and thinking about it all weekend and then you get into the office, open up a Word document, start typing, and all those lovely and wonderful and incredible thoughts you had are no longer there and what you're left with is: Notes. Followed by a blank page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My Mother is such a feckin money grabber. I called my parents delighted to tell them that I had decided to volunteer a couple of hours a week in an area that I recently qualified in - hey you have to get experience somewhere right?! - and the first thing she said...not "oh that's great dear you'll get good experience" or "well we all have to start somewhere" ....no, it was "oh, they wont be paying you so" - feck off with your negativity would you. At least I am giving something to the community and this is like CV gold dust :(

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

^TA'd that a family members lack of support can be really upsetting and put a downer on a good situation.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    My Mother is such a feckin money grabber. I called my parents delighted to tell them that I had decided to volunteer a couple of hours a week in an area that I recently qualified in - hey you have to get experience somewhere right?! - and the first thing she said...not "oh that's great dear you'll get good experience" or "well we all have to start somewhere" ....no, it was "oh, they wont be paying you so" - feck off with your negativity would you. At least I am giving something to the community and this is like CV gold dust :(
    TA that some people don't realise that certain sectors actually require voluntary experience as well as qualifications in order to gain entry. I know someone who started out in a FAS CE role and is now a high profile senior director of the same massive organisation as well as a board member of various other companies in the same sector.

OldNotWIse wrote: »

I feel your pain. Just vow never to be that person, that's what I'm doing.

• Advertisement

Hehe. That's your average tough, practical-minded Irish mammy with memories of widespread unemployment and emigration trying to "protect" you. Really, really dispiriting, though.

My ta: Olympics just over and they've now started on something called the World Cup Qualifiers which all of a sudden seems to be worthy of airtime. Can we please, please have a break from constant sports on mainstream news each and every hour? Can the "free market" not justify the creation of a separate, dedicated sports station? Can the dedicated sports programmes on radio stations not satisfy people who are into sports?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

KKkitty wrote:

Chop it up with an axe and burn it.

Both activities are fun and primal.

Shint0 wrote: »
    When threads which started out great end up going on too long and going round in circles; no moving forward or taking action. Sometimes people need to pee or get off the pot as people lose interest.
    Might need to review this TA considering further recent developments. Maybe the Lord heard my call.:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Hehe. That's your average tough, practical-minded Irish mammy with memories of widespread unemployment and emigration trying to "protect" you. Really, really dispiriting, though.

My ta: Olympics just over and they've now started on something called the World Cup Qualifiers which all of a sudden seems to be worthy of airtime. Can we please, please have a break from constant sports on mainstream news each and every hour? Can the "free market" not justify the creation of a separate, dedicated sports station? Can the dedicated sports programmes on radio stations not satisfy people who are into sports?

Sport is way too dominant in our culture, I love sport and its my national default interest but chill out about it. RTE present sport like its the most important thing in the history of ever(and I'm sure they do elsewhere as well, well we know they do looking at other Anglo speaking countries like Britain and USA)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Getting blanked. I have to admit, I do blank some people if I've had a serious falling out with them or intensely dislike them, but otherwise I nod or whatever if I pass someone I'm acquainted with, even if I haven't been in touch with them for a while. Recently I've had several encounters with people I would have been on good terms with but haven't seen for a couple of years; in each case, I acknowledged them and was ignored; it's quite deflating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

If you're in Dublin I could try take it off ya, I'm looking for one :pac:

I'm not I'm afraid which trivially annoys me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Craving bad food when I'm trying to be good.
    Why does junk always taste better than healthy food?

*Sits in silence clutching an apple.*

I was driving home on the M50 northbound and took the Tallaght exit. I was in the middle lane wanting to go on to take the city exit that brings you down towards the spawell (in the left lane), when a car from the right lane drove up behind me beeping and waving his arms frantically - the classic "wtf are you doing" wave. He then moved into the left lane that brings you back down onto the M50 and he aggressively drove beside me for those few seconds making gestures.

The other car ahead of me and the cars behind him all took the same lane that I did so I'm still so confused how he thought I was in the wrong. And I also don't know why he was in the right lane when he wanted to rejoin the M50 straight ahead.

I was where the Roberts van is in case anyone is curious and he was in the lane to the right of me and ended up in the lane to the left of me that says M50 only.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2897985,-6.3311033,3a,75y,359.96h,69.09t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s665fxg6jyay0Bjkg06iZJQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

TA'd that he was so aggressive and now has me doubting myself even though I've driven that route for years!

scdublin wrote: »
    I was driving home on the M50 northbound and took the Tallaght exit. I was in the middle lane wanting to go on to take the city exit that brings you down towards the spawell (in the left lane), when a car from the right lane drove up behind me beeping and waving his arms frantically - the classic "wtf are you doing" wave. He then moved into the left lane that brings you back down onto the M50 and he aggressively drove beside me for those few seconds making gestures.

The other car ahead of me and the cars behind him all took the same lane that I did so I'm still so confused how he thought I was in the wrong. And I also don't know why he was in the right lane when he wanted to rejoin the M50 straight ahead.

I was where the Roberts van is in case anyone is curious and he was in the lane to the right of me and ended up in the lane to the left of me that says M50 only.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2897985,-6.3311033,3a,75y,359.96h,69.09t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s665fxg6jyay0Bjkg06iZJQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

TA'd that he was so aggressive and now has me doubting myself even though I've driven that route for years!
    Unless you cut him off or did something else back on the M50 before or while taking the exit.
    TA some people can be such a d*ck when driving.

• Advertisement

I was thinking that but I was in the slip road off for ages on my own and then was just waiting at the lights. I think he must have just been in the wrong lane and went to move across to the left lane and somehow thought I was in the wrong. He must not have looked at the road markings! Would love to bring him back there and show him so he doesn't do it again.

TA when you see someone driving dangerously and think "ugh would love if the gards caught them" and then a few seconds later you see the gards but they've missed it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement