Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Ah the amount of times I've been in that filter off lane and some sh!t comes flying over from the third or middle lane the other side of a truck and nearly side swipes me, cause they don't expect you there in "their" way, if they came behind the truck they'd see you, and because there aren't Exit arrows in the lane some don't think it's an exit lane, (that's what the different size broken white lines are for.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Ugh. I bumped into a man when I was walking home. Actually, he flew around the corner and bumped into me. I apologised even though it was his fault and went to move to his side to get past him. He moved in front of me. I thought it was a mistake, an accidental "footpath dance" but he did the same again and again, stopping me from getting past. I ended up having to actually push him to get him out of my way. TA at aggressive, creepy footpath w*nkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

When you've a certain type of load percolating inside that you know will take an hour of brewing before it can be set free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Went to the supermarket today, my arm in a sling due to a shoulder injury. At the checkout struggling to pack my bags with one arm (my weak one) and two middle aged women standing beside me chatting ABOUT ME and my struggle to pack when they were there to pack bags for me. And at the end of it they had the cheek to ask for money for a dance school. I would have lost it only for the cashier to help me pack.

Feel better after letting that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The heat..FFS I'm melting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Trivial Annoyed with this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Ugh. I bumped into a man when I was walking home. Actually, he flew around the corner and bumped into me. I apologised even though it was his fault and went to move to his side to get past him. He moved in front of me. I thought it was a mistake, an accidental "footpath dance" but he did the same again and again, stopping me from getting past. I ended up having to actually push him to get him out of my way. TA at aggressive, creepy footpath w*nkers.

TA'd at that prick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

scdublin wrote: »
    I was thinking that but I was in the slip road off for ages on my own and then was just waiting at the lights. I think he must have just been in the wrong lane and went to move across to the left lane and somehow thought I was in the wrong. He must not have looked at the road markings! Would love to bring him back there and show him so he doesn't do it again.

TA when you see someone driving dangerously and think "ugh would love if the gards caught them" and then a few seconds later you see the gards but they've missed it!

TA'd at people who do the same on roundabouts! beep and make gestures at me when I'm the one using it right, making me (momentarily) doubt myself!

I think I pulled something in my arse. Feckin' thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Deise_vixen

TA'd that the guy in the office next to me makes all his calls on speakerphone and shouts conversations with who ever is on the line. Makes me want to bang on the wall and shout at him, but I can't because he's actually a nice guy apart from this one thing that drives me mental (and sometimes his conversations are interesting :P).

Also TA'd at myself that I don't have the balls to tell him how annoying it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

TA'd at people who barely comment when you tell them news about your life and are waiting to butt in with their more 'exciting' news. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People on airplanes who insist on jumping up to use the toilet as soon as the thing takes off. What the actual fúck is wrong with people? Is it just something to do? The novelty of peeing at 30000 feet? Are they just trying to annoy me? I can go an entire 3 hour flight without having to visit the bathroom, and I'm not superwoman, I'm just a normal human being with a thoroughly average bladder. The whole flight there will be people up and down, queuing in the aisle to get in. A constant stream. It's a phenomenon that just baffles and irritates me in equal measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Woke at 5:30 this morning. Which meant I had roughly 3 hours to do what usually takes me half an hour. Could have been in work super early, could have had a lovely big breakfast, could have gotten some exercise in (ha ha, yeah right!).

No, I arsed about, watched Countdown and 3rd Rock from the Sun and got into work at roughly the same time as normal. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When you've a certain type of load percolating inside that you know will take an hour of brewing before it can be set free.

Sounds like a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I just spent a good half an hour steam cleaning the floors.
    I then went and opened a bottle of Coke and it fizzed up (you know as if it'd been shaken) and exploded all over the kitchen floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Work is interfering with my coffee consumption.

Winterlong wrote: »
    Work is interfering with my coffee consumption.

Work is interfering with my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

waited 10 minutes (grrrrrr) last night for the check out cashier to finish her chat with the lady before me. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

People watching what you are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

OldNotWIse wrote: »

If they have a clipboard while watching you => Bad news & TA
    If they have a lustful look on their face => Potential free lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

If they are your boss and you're caught on the interweb=potential lay off lol :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

OldNotWIse wrote:

While touching themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

TA'd that all the teaspoons at work have gone missing. Making coffee with a soup spoon is hard to get the measure right!

Well I've just graduated to making coffee with a fork :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    While touching themselves.
    This is an annoyance thread! :pac:

The arm on my char is broken. I can't relax properly like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That Supermacs ad on the radio. Does your man really say 'sangwidge' ?
    The lovely girls competition, I saw a few minutes of it last night. I nearly had to dive behind the sofa with the embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Winterlong wrote: »
    OldNotWIse wrote: »

If they have a clipboard while watching you => Bad news & TA
    If they have a lustful look on their face => Potential free lunch.

Not so much if the second one is your cell mate......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

People who wear rucksacks in supermarkets with narrow aisles.

I'm going to go postal in Tesco in Baggot St some evening. :mad:

TA taking the wrong tablets to help with the pain of this month's crop failure, and not being able to take the right ones for another four hours in case of overdose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

TA'd at people using "dude" & "mate" while addressing others in posts on this website.

Usually similar to "well actually that's your problem mate", "dude, you've no idea what you're talking about", etc.

• Advertisement

TA'd at people using "dude" & "mate" while addressing others in posts on this website.

Usually similar to "well actually that's your problem mate", "dude, you've no idea what you're talking about", etc.

Urgh this is so fúcking condescending :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement