Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

TA'd at people using "dude" & "mate" while addressing others in posts on this website.

Usually similar to "well actually that's your problem mate", "dude, you've no idea what you're talking about", etc.

Anyone over the age of thirty or so addressing anyone as "dude", like a doped American college dropout. Po-LEECE that moos-tache!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

In the Library, several chats going on with different people between different age groups - all walks of life. They think they have entitled to blabber because of the sh.te weather. My TA for today!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Baggage handlers at Dublin Airport leaving my son's gate checked buggy absolutely soaked. Cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

jimgoose wrote: »
    Anyone over the age of thirty or so addressing anyone as "dude", like a doped American college dropout. Po-LEECE that moos-tache!! :cool:

The Guy on Nova in the mornings (Marty Miller?)is at that the whole time Dude, chum, mate, thanks for the shouts, now his other half is on maternity leave, it's mentioned every day, and chats about babies/childcare it's getting like loose women in the mornings, and the ankle biter hasn't been born yet. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

selous wrote: »
    The Guy on Nova in the mornings (Marty Miller?)is at that the whole time Dude, chum, mate, thanks for the shouts, now his other half is on maternity leave, it's mentioned every day, and chats about babies/childcare it's getting like loose women in the mornings, and the ankle biter hasn't been born yet. :mad:

He is the second most annoying dj on Nova...second only to his predecessor on that show Pat Courtenay. Very TA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

I have 2 wells on the farm here. One about 24ft and the other drilled in 2004 is around 330ft. The shallow well is drying as is the norm at this time of year. The deep well has plenty water but the pump gave trouble last year and i never got around to fixing it. I'm now faced with the task of having to pull up the pump as i have discovered that the fault lies with the pump and not with anything above ground. Some engineering and ingenuity needed to pull it up from that depth. Going to be a busy night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I have 2 wells on the farm here. One about 24ft and the other drilled in 2004 is around 330ft. The shallow well is drying as is the norm at this time of year. The deep well has plenty water but the pump gave trouble last year and i never got around to fixing it. I'm now faced with the task of having to pull up the pump as i have discovered that the fault lies with the pump and not with anything above ground. Some engineering and ingenuity needed to pull it up from that depth. Going to be a busy night.

Do you not have a bucket and a long rope, and just wind it up like they do on the telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Everything hurts today. EVERYTHING!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I beeped a woman in front who wasn't moving off (filter light was green for turning). She was just sitting there. So I beeped her.
    Fella across the street shouts "Calm down love, Jaysus."

Er, I beeped at someone who was stationary?! I am calm!
    But I wasn't after that.
    I've said it before and I will say it again; most as*holes on the road are women. Sorry, it's true.

Too nervous, not educated on the rules of the road, too busy doing something else.
    And I am a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I am trying to eat healthier at the moment. But too lazy to go shopping for vegetables and stuff.
    Pizza for tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When you buy an item off Amazon and they give you the choice to pay in Euro or Sterling so you pay in Euro, the yoke breaks 7 months later, you return it (free of charge to them) they refund you in sterling, not Euro that you paid in, you have lost E20, that's flippin annoying,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I was really busy in work today but the minute I opened an email that wasn't work related (Supervalue Weekend breaks😟) my manager appeared out of nowhere..typical.

Also when you're obviously going on your break and someone calls you "to have a quick look at something"......can't really say no but FFS.....

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

fussyonion wrote: »
    Er, I beeped at someone who was stationary?! I am calm!

TA that there aren't 2 different sounds on a car's horn; a friendly 'sorry to disturb you chap, but you don't seem to have noticed the lights changing there' and an angry 'WTF are you doing you moron? We're all going to die because of you!'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

selous wrote: »
    When you buy an item off Amazon and they give you the choice to pay in Euro or Sterling so you pay in Euro, the yoke breaks 7 months later, you return it (free of charge to them) they refund you in sterling, not Euro that you paid in, you have lost E20, that's flippin annoying,

As a rule of thumb you should always choose to pay in the local currency of the site you're buying from (in this case Sterling). You'll normally get a better exchange rate off your bank/credit card company than you will off Amazon.

TA at how much time I spend on the Bargain Alerts forum (and money because of it) that I have seen that advice come up many times over :):o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Insure and tax the car in the same week. Fcuk off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you get onto a bus and you're trying to climb the stairs and get seated before the bus pulls away from the stop and swerves around a corner, but you don't make it because the fúcktards ahead of you are going so slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Looking at possibly booking another attempt at the driving test... checked my local test centre, next available slot is in 2017. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Very TAd with our current working volunteer. Long list of things he has/hasn't done (lazy, arrogant, no strength, no work ethic, cant get out of bed until after 10am and thinks he is staying in a five star resort) but annoying now is we all have a minor stomach bug. Take an alkaselzter, stop eating and soldier on is what 3 of us are doing. Its a 24 hour bug and will go, but he is clutching his stomach and practically crying while trying to eat. Ive told him its just a bug going around and will pass soon but he called his mother and said it was an epidemic. He keeps updating me about his "boules" (bowels) and how bad he is feeling. The 9 month old baby got through it with lots of giggles every time he pooped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Would people stop saying "my bad" God it sounds like something a 2 year old would say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Would people stop saying "my bad" God it sounds like something a 2 year old would say

Its only cringey when its someone like Niall Harbison thinking its cool to say it, when someone just says it normally without emphasing it, it's fine.

• Advertisement

BabyE wrote: »
    Its only cringey when its someone like Niall Harbison thinking its cool to say it, when someone just says it normally without emphasing it, it's fine.

Heard it from a middle aged woman once and that is def not good

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Heard it from a middle aged woman once and that is def not good

her bad.

Me Tarzan

Me Tarzan

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA'd that there was no hot water to have a shower this morning, not a fan of cold showers first thing in the morn but it had to be done. Suppose I should just be grateful it wasn't January!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Now I'm TA'd that there is something I was going to do, got distracted for a minute and can't remember what it was :mad:

Working away from home, missing my own bed and home comforts, and all the small conveniences of my normal life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Just heated something in the microwave without a halfway stir. First spoonful "not as hot as I'd like but not bothered heating it further". Second - large - spoonful, "aaaaaarggghhh my tongue has melted! Molten stew!". Lunch ruined.

I don't know what I want for lunch. I had drinkies last night so the munchies demand I get this one right. The pressure :(

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I don't know what I want for lunch. I had drinkies last night so the munchies demand I get this one right. The pressure :(

Taytos Coke and Chocolate :D

TAd that its a long time since I had drinkies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement