Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Misreading the scrolling news feed at the bottom of the screen on TV3. "Dundalk jobs blow" not as exciting as my first thought.

Unused butter scraped off the knife onto the edge of the butter dish, and said side of butter dish left closest to the inside of the cupboard door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

kfallon wrote: »
    Shannon757 did post his picture up before, here he is.....

http://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2015/05/14/09/hen.jpg

TA'd that I seem to be tired all week even tho I've been getting a decent night's kip the last few nights!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

When someone constantly tries to wind you up and then when you get annoyed or upset they use the "it's only banter" card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

scdublin wrote: »
    When someone constantly tries to wind you up and then when you get annoyed or upset they use the "it's only banter" card.

When you constantly try wind someone up, girlfriend usually, and it's fun... . and they snap and then you feel all sorry for yourself for being such an eejit in the first place... find a corner to skulk to and lick your self inflicted wounds, mumbling something about "only messin with ya"

TA'd when that happens :D:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

scdublin wrote: »
    The old gaslighting technique. "You're so sensitive" or worse still '"You're just imagining it in your own head".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Shint0 wrote: »
    The old gaslighting technique. "You're so sensitive" or worse still '"You're just imagining it in your own head".

The "Imagining it in your own head "phrase must be one of the most frustrating lines that gets spun...The red mist immediately descends when I hear this and it never ends well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

being interrupted with questions which you've already addressed grrrrrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Shint0 wrote: »
    also "I don't understand what you mean".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Colser wrote: »
    The "Imagining it in your own head "phrase must be one of the most frustrating lines that gets spun...The red mist immediately descends when I hear this and it never ends well.
    For sure. The magnitude of that 'TA' alone would blow the TA thread apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

People who say hey guys or ok guys really grates my gears every fcuking time I hear it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Buy milk, get up (all be it late) no milk

• Registered Users Posts: 21,922 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sam Kade wrote: »
    People who say hey guys or ok guys really grates my gears every fcuking time I hear it.

Women , younger than me , who call me "pet" , I actually hate it.

You know my name , please have the decency to call me by it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Women , younger than me , who call me "pet" , I actually hate it.

You know my name , please have the decency to call me by it .

Would you say it's a pet hate so?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Needing to go to the toilet in the early hours, but not being awake enough to get up. So then I'm waking every so often, changing position to, ahem, take the pressure off, and dozing off again. Flippin wrecked now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Traffic lights turning red when I approach them. I always seem to get a red light. I can always predict it too.
    Im driving on a clear stretch of road...light's green. Green. Green. I get nearer. Amber. Red.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Took a trip up to the North during the week by bus. Up the M7 then the M1 motorways. So the bus moves onto the fast lane several times to overtake cars and trucks and I'm glancing casually out the window. TA'd, no majorly annoyed actually, to see how many drivers were on their phones texting or facebooking or whatever! Overtook a fairly big HGV on the way back down yesterday - the driver was working away on his phone ffs. Eyes down on the phone, one hand on the steering wheel.

Mixed the grape and the grain last night and after suffering through the massive hangover headache today I'm now left shattered and feeling like I've gone 10 rounds in a boxing ring..why am I being punished like this?Very unfair imo 😠

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When Mozilla Firefox hangs and crashes because the plugin container has stopped responding. It's happening way more often than I'd like, and it's EXTREMELY annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

They changed the Admiral for Admiral Car Insurance to be female, not exactly sure why.
    For the craic I hope Scottish Widows do likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote: »
    When Mozilla Firefox hangs and crashes because the plugin container has stopped responding. It's happening way more often than I'd like, and it's EXTREMELY annoying.

Happening the whole time on me too here. Tried a reinstall and did nada.

It is a major TA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Return of the XFactor. Tv taken over with it till December. FB newsfeed littered with sob stories.
    Time to renew Netflix sub or dig out box sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Return of the XFactor. Tv taken over with it till December. FB newsfeed littered with sob stories.

+ 1. Majorly TA'd. Cue incessant wittering on about this at work for the next 4 months - kill me.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Box sets. Netflix : like sky 'deals' for TV.

northgirl wrote: »
    + 1. Majorly TA'd. Cue incessant wittering on about this at work for the next 4 months - kill me.:pac:

I actually thought it was great tonight...TA'd that I seem to the only oneðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I have a piece of meat stuck in my teeth and no amount of poking and prodding with my tongue, finger or toothpicks will get it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I have a piece of meat stuck in my teeth and no amount of poking and prodding with my tongue, finger or toothpicks will get it out.

I feel your pain. Try floss or maybe eat an apple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Walking up the stairs yesterday I almost pulled a muscle in my back. Almost.
    You could feel my back and the muscle bulging for 20mins then it settled down.
    However it feels now that I will pull it out at any moment, sneezing, get up from a chair.
    Limbo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Some people do not believe there is such a thing as 'morning people' and 'nocturnal people'.
    I am proof that they exist.

I hate mornings.
    Especially early mornings.
    Extra especially at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Woke up at some stupid early hour for a Sunday even though I'm still tired! Why would I wake up then? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Religion essays. I have 3 of them due by 5pm and I've only done 1.

Also heartburn is a major TA. I don't know where it's come from, I haven't eaten yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement