Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Came across this story from the US around cronyism and greed. It's borderline evil.
    Essentially epi-pens were about $50 each, they were made years back with tax payer money. Congress was lobbied toget them into schools and it was agreed upon. Since then the price has risen to $614 and the company that bought the rights to make them has moved out of the US to avoid paying tax there.

http://imgur.com/gallery/AlRgl

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

I'm annoyed about this latest Facebook status ****e.

Saw a girl I kinda know had posted "getting married" the other day, and hardly anyone had liked it so I did because she's a nice girl and I felt a bit bad for her!

Cue a copy-paste message in my inbox about having to post one of ten stupid statuses because I liked hers, to raise awareness for....wait for it...breast cancer.

Does ANYBODY in the world NOT know somebody that has had breast cancer?!? Surely it's one of the most common kinds, so why "awareness" needs to be raised is beyond me.

Also, it's not even raising bloody awareness because all people see are stupid statuses like "I've decided to stop wearing underwear", nothing about the illness.

If it was like the ice-bucket challenge where you were encouraged to donate money, or even if it ended by saying "Make sure you go home and check your boobs and spread the word" I wouldn't mind, but it just seems to me to be completely pointless and idiotic.

Rant. Over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm an emotional wreck today.
    I feel like bawling my eyes out. The bloody curse of being a woman!
    I want to curl up in a ball with enough tea to sink a ship and just cry like someone in the movies.
    Oh, actually...movie. That's a good idea. I might stick a film on.

Also TA'd that when I got home after being out all day, I really wanted a cuppa but the milk was off.
    I drove to the shop. It was shut.
    I drove to another shop. It, too, was shut.
    I drove further to a petrol station and paid double what I normally would for milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that I have to turn on the kitchen light earlier these evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

People smoking in a kids playground when it is full of kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Waking up confused and vaguely annoyed after an unintended nap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Fancied watching something with Simon Pegg starring in it yesterday so I went to my DVD collection and pulled out my boxset of Spaced. Opened the case only to find that the disc for Series 2 is missing. Granted, the last time I watched this show was when I was living with my ex so I have little doubt the disc is now lost forever in some God-forsaken corner of his house. Boo-urns.
    Now I have to buy a second copy of the boxset. :(
    Also, I can't sleep worth a damn and I'm too tense to read more of my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Being awake at 1.45am - mostly cos I slept in... Mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

It could be anything. A wedding, an interview, a performance etc. Anything that builds anticipation.

Its weeks in advance, and you say you'll be fine, only for last minute nerves to set in the day/hours before its due to happen.

It happened my sister on her wedding. She dismissed the idea of being nervous for weeks, then she was shaking in the car on the way to the church :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Winterlong wrote: »
    People smoking in a kids playground when it is full of kids.

Eugh. People smoking anywhere where there are humans. Bus shelters, shop entrances. Drives me mad. Get away with your stinky cancer stick would ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

TA afraid to check my bank account having been on the lash for most of the weekend.

Another week in a shíthole with no opportunity to progress or grow. The only growth I'll experience this week is width-ways because of my relationship with food. TA I am on a crash diet and can feel the hunger seeping in already.

TA getting locked out of online banking because of ONE wrong sign in attempt.

TA when someone with fat thights phlumps down beside you on the luas.

TA when someone looks at me before 12pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Eugh. People smoking anywhere where there are humans. Bus shelters, shop entrances. Drives me mad. Get away with your stinky cancer stick would ya.

Rank. I work near someone who smokes. It's bad enough smelling it off their clothes when they come back but I have to listen to their filthy death rattle all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

tradhead wrote: »
    I'm annoyed about this latest Facebook status ****e.

Saw a girl I kinda know had posted "getting married" the other day, and hardly anyone had liked it so I did because she's a nice girl and I felt a bit bad for her!

Cue a copy-paste message in my inbox about having to post one of ten stupid statuses because I liked hers, to raise awareness for....wait for it...breast cancer.

Does ANYBODY in the world NOT know somebody that has had breast cancer?!? Surely it's one of the most common kinds, so why "awareness" needs to be raised is beyond me.

Also, it's not even raising bloody awareness because all people see are stupid statuses like "I've decided to stop wearing underwear", nothing about the illness.

If it was like the ice-bucket challenge where you were encouraged to donate money, or even if it ended by saying "Make sure you go home and check your boobs and spread the word" I wouldn't mind, but it just seems to me to be completely pointless and idiotic.

Rant. Over.

People saying rant over is trivially annoying.

They're back. Traffic on the roads was woeful this morning. Could every overprotective parent just send their kids to some boarding school in Tipperary?

All these Yummie Mummies blocking up the roads driving their kids to school must cost the Irish economy a fortune in terms of lost efficiency. While there may be some justification on security grounds in driving little kids to school, there's no justification in most parents driving their secondary school kids. Assuming they have school lockers to put their books in, they can walk or cycle and it will do their mental and physical health the world of good.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I don't hate the X Factor as such, but the fact it's back means it's basically winter. I'm not okay with that.

They're back. Traffic on the roads was woeful this morning. Could every overprotective parent just send their kids to some boarding school in Tipperary?

All these Yummie Mummies blocking up the roads driving their kids to school must cost the Irish economy a fortune in terms of lost efficiency.

How else would they show off their ridiculous SUVs with the DVD players in the headrests?

I lived in the middle of nowhere and was able to cycle to school, and get the bus to secondary school. The bus was an epidemic on wheels thanks to the driver expectorating phlegm into the footwell and the remnants of mouldering sandwiches from 1972 onwards which were never cleaned out from under the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 JOhnty78

When technology doesnt work as it should. I can be patient with a person but not at all with a machine. I have come close to throwing phones and things off the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 JOhnty78

When companies i'm with (phone/broadband usually) ring me with 'special offers exclusively for me' and the offers dont suit me at all and are freely available on the website. These special offers would almost always result in me paying more money.
    It annoys me because i know that theyll catch other people. My parents have asked me about these 'special offers' in the past and ive had to explain why theyre not actually that special.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Smelly, stinky of mushroomy armpit people.

eisenberg1 wrote: »

I was in a queue yesterday behind this family. A queue in the open air. And the bang of them is still making me wretch....horrible memory lasting smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Winterlong wrote: »

I was in a queue yesterday behind this family. A queue in the open air. And the bang of them is still making me wretch....horrible memory lasting smell.

Now imagine being the bicycle saddle belonging to the ma of that family.

And there goes my plans for lunch!! TA at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Done the dog on it Friday & Saturday, TA'd that I'm so old now it takes me a couple of days to get over the weekend! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Are I Mad

While there may be some justification on security grounds in driving little kids to school, there's no justification in most parents driving their secondary school kids. Assuming they have school lockers to put their books in, they can walk or cycle and it will do their mental and physical health the world of good.

In my defence, I have to drive my child to school as the person she was bullied by in primary school is getting the bus. I don't drive an SUV and I would not consider my self yummy at all.

My TA is off loading children onto the road instead of the path, and parking on the path so that the children have to walk onto a busy road.

kfallon wrote: »
    Done the dog on it Friday & Saturday, TA'd that I'm so old now it takes me a couple of days to get over the weekend! :(

Same here. Wilting now and drinking loads of water so I can stay awake until it's time to go home.

TA: Getting older!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My husband, my children, my everlasting to-do list, my untidy house, the monster pile of clean laundry that has taken over the spare room and is taunting me.

AND finally the fact that I'm back to work next week after 12 short weeks of maternity leave.

I'm seriously considering packing my bags and running away if only I could find my bl**dy passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

No saddle on that bike I'd say...dirty so and so 😛

When youre mixing water with gravy granules and you keep adding as it's too thick...one drop more and then it's too f*ing watery..I give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I'm on a bus and the button to recline my seat is on the right hand side of me and my right hand is in a sling so I can't recline my seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

scdublin wrote: »
    I don't hate the X Factor as such, but the fact it's back means it's basically winter. I'm not okay with that.

I don't hate Winter as such, but the fact that it means X-Factor is back on. I'm not okay with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Rank. I work near someone who smokes. It's bad enough smelling it off their clothes when they come back but I have to listen to their filthy death rattle all day.

Now mix that smell with the bang of garlic off someone, and not off their breath, but off them,
    "but I ate that two days ago, can you still smell it?"
    YES, it stinks, :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement