Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

1890 and 1850 numbers. You're a business and to want/keep my custom you shouldn't be charging me to call you.

Engeria numbers are 1850 but their complaints line is 1890; 1850 numbers are a fixed cost, 1890 cost per minute....so to call up to complain costs you more than other calls to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

dinneenp wrote: »
    1890 and 1850 numbers. You're a business and to want/keep my custom you shouldn't be charging me to call you.

Engeria numbers are 1850 but their complaints line is 1890; 1850 numbers are a fixed cost, 1890 cost per minute....so to call up to complain costs you more than other calls to them.

Check out the site ..."saynoto1890"... gives alternative landline numbers for 1890/1850 numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

dinneenp wrote: »

Just checked saynoto1890 site...Energia...ring 018692000 and ask for customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 19,708 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

the behaviour of current media around the tragic death of that family..

You have the Sun newspaper with their disgusting headline.
    You have various stations with their reporters at the scene (for some f**king reason - the only thing they do is get soundbites from the locals about how horrible it is.. no sh*t).
    You have TV3 with "experts" on the sofa saying its one of the most un-natural thing in the world, to kill your children - like that's a revelation.
    You have Sean O'Rourke this morning interviewing a woman whose husband took the lives of ther two girls in 2010 and then asking if there was any signs that it might happen! IF there were, then he is inferring that she missed them and therefore is somewhat to blame for what happened to them. Then he got the girls age wrong, and went on to make such comments as "today they should be putting on their school uniforms instead of what happened to them".
    And we had Tara Duggan, at lunchtime today going to the reporter at the scene(!) saying "presumably there is a very somber mood around the house today".. Nope Tara- a chéile has f**king broken out.

It is an awful awful story, but I am prepared to wait for the report to come out in due course and note the conclusion. I do not need to know each and every detail, relevant and irrelevant, nor do I need to see the media falling over themselves in an effort to milk the story for all its worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When shop signs have words that have been pluralised against their will - fruits, meats etc. It's fruit, and meat you morons.

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    the behaviour of current media around the tragic death of that family..

You have the Sun newspaper with their disgusting headline.
    You have various stations with their reporters at the scene (for some f**king reason - the only thing they do is get soundbites from the locals about how horrible it is.. no sh*t).
    You have TV3 with "experts" on the sofa saying its one of the most un-natural thing in the world, to kill your children - like that's a revelation.
    You have Sean O'Rourke this morning interviewing a woman whose husband took the lives of ther two girls in 2010 and then asking if there was any signs that it might happen! IF there were, then he is inferring that she missed them and therefore is somewhat to blame for what happened to them. Then he got the girls age wrong, and went on to make such comments as "today they should be putting on their school uniforms instead of what happened to them".
    And we had Tara Duggan, at lunchtime today going to the reporter at the scene(!) saying "presumably there is a very somber mood around the house today".. Nope Tara- a chéile has f**king broken out.

It is an awful awful story, but I am prepared to wait for the report to come out in due course and note the conclusion. I do not need to know each and every detail, relevant and irrelevant, nor do I need to see the media falling over themselves in an effort to milk the story for all its worth.

The general line of "prominent GAA supporters" trotted out also annoys me. As if that makes it a greater loss than a family who maybe were not into GAA. I'm just like, objection - relevance?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    When shop signs have words that have been pluralised against their will - fruits, meats etc. It's fruit, and meat you morons.

And then to add insult to injury they feck in a few stray apostrophes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The general line of "prominent GAA supporters" trotted out also annoys me. As if that makes it a greater loss than a family who maybe were not into GAA. I'm just like, objection - relevance?? :(

Being a "good GAA family" seems to have relevance in this country for some reason.

It's our version of the "decent, God fearing American".

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

jackwigan wrote: »
    scdublin wrote: »
    I don't hate the X Factor as such, but the fact it's back means it's basically winter. I'm not okay with that.

I don't hate Winter as such, but the fact that it means X-Factor is back on. I'm not okay with that.

X Factor is avoidable, the dreary long days and being stuck inside the majority of the day isn't :(

TA - Getting home over the summer from work was about a 15 minute drive. Yesterday was about 45/50 minutes. Stupid schools being back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Hiccups! :mad:

Spilled water all over myself mid hiccup. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ahlookit wrote: »
    And then to add insult to injury they feck in a few stray apostrophes!

the greengrocers apostrophe has a long and proud tradition and it will be a sad day when it disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

the greengrocer's apostrophe has a long and proud tradition and it will be a sad day when it disappears.

FYP :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

When you put toothpaste on your toothbrush and it slides off the brush and falls on the sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I bought rice krispies on the way home earlier, looking forward to a big munchy bowlful tonight.
    The milk is gone off, and the taste won't leave my mouth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when the kfc gravy turns to jelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I'm having one of those days when I write/type words but they just don't look right. Words that I use all the time, really simple, common words. But for some reason they look like I've spelled them wrong and even after spellchecking and Googling them I'm questioning myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Put on UK Gold at 11 to watch Extras......it's the same one that they showed last night ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

MY gas-powered stove top has been on the blick for the last month or so and it's really doing my head in.
    The guy my parents are relying on to come and fix the bloody thing keeps backing out and so far, we've barely any money to get a new one. Knowing my luck, though, chances are that it's a mind-numbingly easy fix and that the weeks without being able to boil an egg in a pot have been wholly unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Peregrine wrote: »
    When you put toothpaste on your toothbrush and it slides off the brush and falls on the sink.

Pffft,lucky. What about when it lands on your slipper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Cars that take up the entire path and you cant pass with a Buggy.
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

dub_skav wrote: »
    Pffft,lucky. What about when it lands on your slipper

Or your clean top that you just put on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Thewitheredowl

Phoenix park irritations.

1. Fat arse women walking their dogs and kids in the cycle path that runs down the main avenue, there are dedicated pedestrian paths that run parallel to the cycle paths. Don't be such an ignorant boweler.

2. Also along the same theme, cyclists that don't use the same cycle lane and decide to ride down the main avenue, the road is only just wide enough for two cars so no hope of being able to overtake them, and as a previous poster says, they keep looking over their shoulder as if to ask why are you driving right behind me, just over take me, I can't you fcuking swamp donkey, there's no space.

In fairness point number two probably only happens because cyclists are sick of point number 1.

Fúcking traffic this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Today is just a big pile of absolute 'Meh'

People who look at you when you say "hello" when you answer the phone. no, I am not talking to you.

People who block others from leaving the bus because they are asking the driver directions.

The way buses have to drive slowly behind cyclists all the time.

People who have dogs and don't let them into the house, ever.

People who ask me if their sprog can "touch the bow wow". It's a dog, not a "bow wow" and no, they cant.

When my mother calls me with no news and I have no news and yet 15 minutes later we are still on the phone. So I repeatedly say "well I've no news" until the call ends.

Diet hunger and fruit for breakfast when I really want Linda McCartney sausage rolls and a can of lucozade followed by a milka crème bar.

When you pull the ring off a ring pull can but it remains closed.

Bartenders who slop your beer over the side of the glass when putting it on the bar. Also, then not telling you the price but looking at you expectantly waiting for money. I wont give you money until you tell me how much I have to give you??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Don't spell your childs name Ryne and get pissed with me for spelling it Ryan!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Trying to pack stuff for Uni and also tidy my room as I go.
    That was 2hours ago and I regretted this action about 1/3 of a second into it.

I is poor :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I'm filling in a form and the guidelines state that when I'm putting in my email address I must allow one character per box but there aren't enough boxes to fit any of my three email addresses. I have a long name so what the f*ck am I supposed to do there. Put in an extra bloody line for God's sake!! Grrr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I just moved my toddler son from a cot to a toddler bed. Now I love seeing his face in the morning.......just not that early in the morning! He used to be trapped but now can easily escape and be in on top of ya!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement