Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Having a scabby sore in my nostril. And sometimes it oozes. Can't decide whether I hate the dry crusty feeling or the smell of the ooze more.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA annoyed at myself that I know drink herbal tea and eat rice cakes. What have I become ?

TA annoyed at myself that I drink herbal tea and eat rice cakes. What have I become ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Day 5 of no smoking. I'd love one, but I'll crack it this time. If I can get over the weekend I'll be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Jrop wrote: »
    TA annoyed at myself that I drink herbal tea and eat rice cakes. What have I become ?

A fairy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Working with files that somebody else created.

Photoshop - 70 groups, 30 layers inside each one, all rasterised, they manually turn each group and layer on and off and save the file multiple times to get the different elements / versions needed.

****ing kill me.

Trying to convert it to use variable data, turns out variable data doesn't let you have empty columns and unused columns, yet it does in indesign, so all of my predone automation stuff needs to be adapted.

With little understanding comes great ****ing headaches when someone else has to take over your bastardised sellotaped together 'method'.

Don't get me started on 'vector images' which are just a jpeg saved as an illustrator file.

TA that I haven't a clue what frozenfrozen is on about. sounds very annoying though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,709 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

arranging to meet someone during my lunchtime and they are late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Day 5 of no smoking. I'd love one, but I'll crack it this time. If I can get over the weekend I'll be delighted.

The very best of luck to you, I know how hard it is!

TA'd I still haven't won the lottery. I had last night pencilled in as my winning night, but no. They had to pick out the wrong numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Just realised that I passed the 1000 post mark, and didn't register it at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

seagull wrote: »
    Just realised that I passed the 1000 post mark, and didn't register it at the time.

Were you gonna have a celebratory **** or something? :confused:

TA'd that it's got very dark outside, no rain please!

TA at myself I married for love and not for money ;P

TA'd at myself I married for love and not for money ! A I have to work

TA'd at myself I married for love and not for money ! TA'd I have to work instead of living the high life

Jrop wrote: »
    TA'd at myself I married for love and not for money ! TA'd I have to work instead of living the high life
    You can say.

You can say that.

You can say that again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Just finished work until Monday and had loads of plans to go shopping,clean the house etc.....thrown on the couch now shattered tired and don't want to do anything that I had planned..plus it's fecking raining..nite nite😠

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

You can say.

You can say that.

You can say that again!

TA'd that there's a fierce echo in here this afternoon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Colser wrote: »
    Just finished work until Monday and had loads of plans to go shopping,clean the house etc.....thrown on the couch now shattered tired and don't want to do anything that I had planned..plus it's fecking raining..nite nite😠

Crack open a 6 pack there, take it handy! You are on your holidays :pac:

TA'd that I forgot to get something in the shop yesterday so have to go get it now ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Just had a short nap but know that means I won't get to bed at a decent time tonight. Ugh, kicking myself for allowing myself to have one.

ahlookit wrote: »
    TA'd that there's a fierce echo in here this afternoon ;)

What echo? What echo? What echo? What ec......?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

maudgonner wrote: »
    I'm having one of those days when I write/type words but they just don't look right. Words that I use all the time, really simple, common words. But for some reason they look like I've spelled them wrong and even after spellchecking and Googling them I'm questioning myself.

Ear.

It's really bothering me.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

TA that Vodafone is experiencing network coverage issues today. I have been unable to return calls all day and I'm not sure that any of the texts I've sent have gone through and I cannot call anyone to confirm or deny. Aaaaragh

In fairness the guy I spoke to in customer services was very nice about it but he did sound harassed.

Major TA: My childcare bill was supposed to go down this September with eldest just in after schools & second child in the ecce . However our surprise baby has laughed at that plan - my childcare bill per month is now 300e greater than our mortgage! And we don't live in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Winterlong wrote: »
    TA at waking up grumpy. So grumpy that you annoy yourself.

Tried having chocolate. It did not work. Still grumpy. Roll on tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

The condescending, uber-polite, platitudes of company customer service departments.

Should you have any further queries that we may be able to help you with please do not hesitate to contact us PFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Finally, finally not having to listen to some colleagues witter on and on and on and on about Celebrity Big Brother and then X-Factor restarts.

'Did you see X-Factor Vel?'

'No I don't watch it, never have'

The above conversation will take place every Monday for the duration of the show. GET IT INTO YOUR BRAIN DEAD HEADS not if it was the last show on earth would I watch it, and even if I did watch it, not if you were the last person on earth, would I discuss it with you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Spotted a car with three of those 'we've procreated and now we want the world to know and we also want you to adjust your driving accordingly because our child is the most important child to have ever graced the earth with its presence' signs across the back window.

1st sign: 'Baby on board'
    2nd sign: 'Gavin on board'
    3rd sign: 'Arsenals newest signing on board' (I hope Shkodran Mustafi (yes I did google 'Arsenal's newest signing'!) was comfortable in his baby seat!)

It was all I could do to stop myself from jumping up onto the bonnet of the car and smashing the windscreen with my bare hands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

TA'd big time at getting given out to by a driver running a red light for crossing at a green man. Wtf ffs??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My Sky Tv menu has changed. And I don't like it. Not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

TA'd big time at getting given out to by a driver running a red light for crossing at a green man. Wtf ffs??

Had to laugh/be T.A'd yesterday sitting in traffic at a red light at a pedestrian crossing, a cyclist gave a "you're blocking the cycle lane" roar to a man in a car that was unloading the wife, child and buggy and then he proceeded to cycle thru the red light and the two pedestrians using the crossing.. tsk tsk :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Parked in a bus lane that I am still convinced was out out hours for ten minutes and got a fine for 40 euros today in the post. When I rang them to question this, the guy hung up on me! So peeved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement