Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Herself buttering her toast and then spreading the remainder of her toast crumbs back on top of the butter spread.
    So next time I want to use the spread I have 2 day old toast crumbs to navigate.

Any person who uses the phrase "it's all good"

Chefs (and this applies to non-professionals too) who cook something lovely and then act as though they're God. It's food, you haven't cured cancer.

Middle lane drivers. Oh sweet Jaysus there is a vacant lane to your left, it's surely got to occur to you that you're being passed left and right and causing everyone else trouble, why must you go for the middle lane? Why?

People on boards.ie who reply to threads asking for help about a topic just to criticise the OP. Look if you can't help, don't reply.
    Nobody creates a thread seeking help hoping that they'll get the pee taken out of them.
    Hasn't happened to me yet but it's sad the amount of smart-arses I've seen who love to jump in with a quick criticism.
    Usually if someone is asking for advice/help face-to-face they'll receive help but on the internet the idea seems to be let's criticise the person asking for advice. It's an awful sub-culture that I've noticed on here.

People not giving up their seat on public transport for an elderly person. My mother in-law comes to help us out with the kids and has to use the train from mayo to heuston, then another train from there to here.
    And she's early 70's. She always reserves a seat but people often sit in her reserved seat and refuse to move, quite regularly.
    Often/Mostly young people. So she ends up standing. I think that's a sad indictment on our young generation and pretty poor by irishrail too.

Cats coming into other people's gardens. I'm aware people love their cats and this might not be a popular one but I'm not running for election so I'll say it anyway. It is NOT ok for your cat to stray into other peoples gardens and kill birds and other wildlife.
    If my dog ran into someone elses garden there would be trouble, but a cat roaming around killing birds is supposedly acceptable.
    They do more damage to wildlife than any other pet and should be kept indoors or monitored as much as any dog.

Over-bearing inlaws after you've just had a kid. There is a fine line between being helpful and taking over.
    When is the christening? Where will it be? We'll have it in our house. Christmas will be busy when you arrive this year.
    It's August, we might not have a Christening, what if we want Xmas in our own house this time?

Big companies not honouring contracts but expecting you to pay a fortune if you don't honour yours.
    This goes for Eir, Virgin etc....
    You sign up, agree a contract of lets say 80 per month.
    You try to cancel after 3 months, they'll ask you for an extortionate contract cancellation fee so ludicrously out of keeping with the original agreement that it would make your eyes water.
    BUT.... at any given moment they can go back on their end of the contract and tell you your fee is going up by X amount.
    Bull****, a contract should work both ways.
    If they expect us to compensate them for changes then they should do the same.

And lastly, without saying too much because I don't want to break any site rules. I will never, ever, understand how we all get taxed to the hilt while certain other people don't.
    I know that's not "trivial" but the lack of government intervention would suggest that they must think it's "trivial" so hopefully my comment is allowed to stand.

Wow, thanks. I feel a bit better now. Time for a quick slice of burned crumb butter on toast! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TA going away for the weekend and I haven't even packed. While I have become a savvy packer over the years it would help if I could find my suitcase. I think the husband must have put it up in the attic last week and I can't face going up there to trawl around right now as I would usually send him up but he's not here :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

People whinging about people's fb posts!!! (I <3 the hide button!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

mansize wrote: »
    People whinging about people's fb posts!!! (I <3 the hide button!)

I know people like this and they just replace whinging about the posts with telling you how they "blocked so and so because they were sooooooo annoying" at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I think we can all agree that crumbs in butter is gack, but has anyone ever experienced crumbs in the honey/jam? I put some honey on my yogurt and there were a load of toast crumbs in it. Shudder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Vel wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that crumbs in butter is gack, but has anyone ever experienced crumbs in the honey/jam? I put some honey on my yogurt and there were a load of toast crumbs in it. Shudder

That's rotten

One thing that gets me, is people who put a wet spoon into sugar and leave clumps of coffee, dirty sugar etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

People barging into the office!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

When you hone in on annoying sounds in the distance like a car / house alarm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

whiskeyman wrote: »
    When you hone in on annoying sounds in the distance like a car / house alarm...

When I go outside the house and its very quiet, I can hear what sounds like a fridge beeping when the door is left open too long. It's a very faint sound, it's been going since last Saturday. I now think I can hear this sound from inside the house. Maybe tomorrow morning I will try investigate this sound, but I don't want to be a like a creep/stalker standing close to neighbour's houses trying to find where the sound is coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

That girl Chanto (Giz a laugh) who does "funny" sketches on Facebook/Youtube.
    She's as funny as herpes and makes me cringe.

Majorly TA'd that I don't know whether to pay my insurance company the reimbursement outlay they paid to the third party I hit in my car.
    If I pay now, there's still no guarantee my renewal will be any cheaper, but if I don't pay, it'll probably double & I'll lose my no claims bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm back to having to try desperately to interact with chirpy parents at the school in the mornings. I'm not a morning person, and I am so concsious that I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards such was the rush to get out. Someone was talking to me this morning and I honestly don't know what they were saying. It is so hard to look animated wthen you can feel your eyes slowly glazing over.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Someone who's over the age of 30 at work making "that's what she said" jokes. All. The. F*cking. Time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Can't find anywhere to live - accommodation is just crazy at the moment :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Overuse of the word "actually".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Going to the dentist and I forgot to bring in floss with me even though I left some out specially last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Overuse of the word "actually".

I'm actually sick of that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Very TA'd that my life is so dull that I don't need to whip out my phone, mid piss in a public toilet to check for messages, like the idiot beside me a few mins ago.

For a second I thought he was taking a selfie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Very TA'd that my life is so dull that I don't need to whip out my phone, mid piss in a public toilet to check for messages, like the idiot beside me a few mins ago.

Maybe he was taking a pic of yours and passing it off as his own....off to the happy thread with ya 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

eisenberg1 wrote: »

www.irishpissflutes.ie have a look there and see if he posted his up, a must see website for all Irish 'Watersports' fans :pac:

TA'd that time is going very slowly this afternoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Crisp packets.

To me, a blue packet represents Salt and Vinegar.

A green packet represents Cheese and Onion.

I bought a green packet without paying much attention.....it.was.not.cheese.and.onion

Fcuking cnuting bastard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd by the time Friday Afternoon rolls around I'm too tired to do anything fun :(

I have a few.

My uncle's wife telling us how wonderful it is that her 20yr old granddaughter is pregnant and a few minutes later asking my Dad if there will be any grandkids on the horizon for him while smiling at me. Fück off. My dad has more to worry about than whether or not I'm going to have kids.

I'm lugging around a feckin bag with me all day. It's not even that full but shoes and makeup things have it heavy. My arms are broke. My spirit will be next.

Not being able to buy all of the pretty things I saw today. Beautiful scarves and navy coats and brown leather boots and patterned shirts.

Weep :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I went shopping today for summer clothes for a last minute sun holiday and ended up buying loads of stuff but no actual outfit.I'm always doing this..no method or planning to my purchases and I've sworn over and over again that I won't buy something unless I know what I will wear it with...I now have to trawl through the bags and head back in tomorrow with crap that I knew wouldn't be worn anyway. I demand a personal shopper..😠

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Neighbours kids playing hide and seek in my front garden and peeking in my living room window. It's Friday evening, I want to relax without being watched by a group of 8 year olds, go away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

miezekatze wrote: »
    Neighbours kids playing hide and seek in my front garden and peeking in my living room window

Lol, I read that as "peeing" initially.

Just shows though, it could be worse! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The weather. Leave the house in a rain jacket and hat. Spend the day out and about sweltering in the sun carrying the damned things.
    Still though, better than been indoors all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

If I hear the word 'Mum' coming from my kid's mouths again this evening, I may flip!

'Mum' 'Mum' 'Mum' every few minutes since I picked them all up this afternoon.

I finally sit down to my dinner and a scroll through Mail Online and yet again I hear the 'Mum' refrain - turns out one of them is stuck up an apple tree and another has managed to find and stand in the only piece of dog sh1t I missed when picking them up earlier today. We have a 150ft long garden, it was up against a fence, but yet you still manage to trample all over it.

And them the icing on the cake, I come back in from rescuing one from the tree and cleaning sh1t off the other's flipflop and toes and one of the dogs has head up on the table happily munching on my dinner!

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH need alcohol, will travel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Trying to find an eircode for an address in the backar$e of nowhere using grainy, slow satellite images - very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The government say if they get rid of the USC there will be such a shortfall in revenue that they will have to increase tax on fuel, drink, clothes, up the property tax by 600% to fill the hole.....But when a windfall of 13billion potentially lands in their lap, they'll go to court so they DONT get it.

(Just a black and white view of it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Are I Mad

The amount of pleats on secondary school uniform skirts, just finished the ironing now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement