Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1. Itchy scalp, and the supereffective magically fantastic genius anti-itchiness shampoo doesn't do 'exactly what it says on the tin', not even remotely.

2. When your feet get nasty blisters from very comfortable shoes you've worn for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I told someone I know about my bad news and she turned it around on herself and how her life was worse. It'd not, she's a liar. I'm TA'd times a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

New Home wrote: »
    1. Itchy scalp, and the supereffective magically fantastic genius anti-itchiness shampoo doesn't do 'exactly what it says on the tin', not even remotely.

2. When your feet get nasty blisters from very comfortable shoes you've worn for ages.

L'Oreal clay anti dandruff ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

KatW4 wrote: »
    I told someone I know about my bad news and she turned it around on herself and how her life was worse. It'd not, she's a liar. I'm TA'd times a million.

I cant abide self centred people like that Katw4. Way more than a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

KatW4 wrote:

I'm so sorry that happened to you, Kat. :( TA'd for you too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

northgirl wrote: »
    People barging into the office!

guy I work with knocks and opens my office door at the same time.

I've asked him umpteen times to wait (as I do when I knock on someone else's) if my door is closed.

I'm waiting for a day and I'm going to lock it - so he will knock and then walk straight into the door. he probably will wait the next time

Winterlong wrote:
    I cant abide self centred people like that Katw4. Way more than a TA.

I'm so sorry that happened to you, Kat. TA'd for you too.

I don't know why I wasn't surprised, she does it all the time. Disgusting. I'm cutting her out and I never do that. I'm TA'd that I let myself become friends with her in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

People that behave like they've never been behind the wheel of a car before when it rains dangerous clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Granted I'm a learner driver, but I'm pretty sure that overtaking me while I am overtaking a cyclist is really fcuking stupid. And oh look, here I am again a few seconds later, right behind you as we all sit at the traffic lights, highlighting the fact that your overtaking manouvere was completely pointless, but it probably makes you feel a bit better about your sh1t life so we'll let you away with it!

L plates really do bring out the d1ck in some other drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Not sure if this is a TA or a TH. This is for you cat lovers.

I have a couple of wild ones that sleep and just hang out in the back garden from time to time. The odd time I might feed the more courageous one. It was and still is fairly aloof but it now takes the cheese straight out of my hand.

I came down this morning and found a large dead black rat outside my back door.

What does this mean? Am I about to be beset by a bout of plague? Should I leave them a similarly sized BLT as a sign of mutual respect? Did they not like the cheese?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

asking for something with ''get me a X will ya?''

• Registered Users Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

TA'd that my new laptop requires me to press both the Function key and the Home key if I want to jump to the start of a webpage or document. Life is just so difficult at times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

The term oh my godula

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

This is a kind of retroactive TA, which should make sense in a minute. When I was at university 5 years ago, as a mature student, a couple of my courses had us doing some drawing, and we were advised to get a 2mm retractable pencil like this one. I still have it today and use it occasionally. It's built like a tank. There's a sharpener built in to the cap. The leads last for years, I just recently put in the 2nd from a pack of 10.

So where's the TA? Well, when I was a kid at school, many years ago, I had endless trouble with pencils. Going blunt, points breaking, needing sharpening, and so on. The sharpeners would stop working and refuse to slice the wood. Then retractable pencils came on the scene: the ones with the 0.5mm leads that broke if you looked at them funny. The mechanisms were fragile, give them the slightest mistreatment and they would break, so they either chewed up the lead or didn't hold it in place. In exams I would carry several of everything, having learned the hard way that the thing you needed most would break at the worst possible time. I eventually found the 0.7mm retractable: a marginal improvement - if you could find replacement leads, that is. :mad:

So where was the 2mm clutch pencil when I was growing up? I'm convinced that pencils and other crappy school equipment hurt my marks over many years and took months off my lifespan.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Pac1Man wrote:
    What does this mean? Am I about to be beset by a bout of plague? Should I leave them a similarly sized BLT as a sign of mutual respect? Did they not like the cheese?

It's a present! The cat loves you :D

TA that my cats don't bring me very many presents... but TA when they do because they are usually live mice!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

For a Saturday night the Irish channels are pure $#!+€. Watching a repeat of an old irish language comedy Gleann Ceo. Can't be too bad I suppose because I'm laughing at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

The fact that being up the duff makes you fair game for all and sundry to grab your belly for a good aul feel. It freaks me right out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

When returning a trolley, standing there like an eejit for what seems like ages trying to get a decent hold on the edge of the token/euro in the coin slot...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

KatW4 wrote: »
    It's a present! The cat loves you :D

TA that my cats don't bring me very many presents... but TA when they do because they are usually live mice!! :(

Yes I googled it afterwards. It seems they are allowing me to feed. If the animal is alive they are encouraging me to kill (like yours). The third step is that they will bring me out on a hunt to teach me the skills to survive. I'm quite happy with Tesco to be honest.

TA that I now belong to feral cats. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Yes I googled it afterwards. It seems they are allowing me to feed. If the animal is alive they are encouraging me to kill (like yours). The third step is that they will bring me out on a hunt to teach me the skills to survive. I'm quite happy with Tesco to be honest.

TA that I now belong to feral cats. :(

It's the old adage: give a man a rat and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt rats and he'll eat forever :)

I'm annoyed that my feet are cold and I'm seriously considering filling a hot water bottle. But it's way too early in the year for that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

People being late. 3pm is 3pm - not 3.05 or 3.10!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

maudgonner wrote: »
    It's the old adage: give a man a rat and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt rats and he'll eat forever :)

I'm annoyed that my feet are cold and I'm seriously considering filling a hot water bottle. But it's way too early in the year for that!
    I lit the fire Thursday night..I would have again earlier this evening but I don't want to have to clean it out again tomorrow and it was too hot when it was lighting...is the weather fluctuating or am l?😠

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

That everything costs so much money, rent, driving, food and lack of jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Colser wrote: »
    I lit the fire Thursday night..I would have again earlier this evening but I don't want to have to clean it out again tomorrow and it was too hot when it was lighting...is the weather fluctuating or am l?😠

I think it's super humid this morning/last night. TA'd my hair is like a bird's nest from the heat.

I have a spot on the side of my nose, exactly where my glasses sit. Absolutely agony and it's ruining my weekend because it's giving me a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

I have Eir sport so can watch the Grands Prix that aren't on C4.

Set up the laptop etc. yesterday to watch the qualifying from Monza. Bit of a faff with untangling power cables from the desk, logging in to the app, plugging the HDMI in to the TV etc. (can't use ChromeCast).

Of course after we've watched it I then notice that it was shown live on the TV.

The resulting judicial inquest apportioned blame equally to the two children who were tasked with establishing the facts beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Last night as I was balmed out on the couch browsing boards and half watching the TV my phone battery went dead ,it took me about 10mins to muster up the strength to haul my ass off the couch and go upstairs for the charger.As soon as I saw the empty socket I remembered that the F*ing charger was plugged in within reach of the couch and I had wasted valuable time and energy going upstairs for nothing.FFS.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

The chargers and charging ports on phones have gone to $#/+. I have 3 chargers here and have to get the phone into a certain position for the terminals to make contact in the port. Only certain way of charging is out in the car with a lidl plug in hands free kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

A fox has taken to using our garden as a toilet.
    Word to the wise - check the lawn for Fox poo before running the lawn mower over it. Messy business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Winterlong wrote:
    A fox has taken to using our garden as a toilet. Word to the wise - check the lawn for Fox poo before running the lawn mower over it. Messy business.

That sounds wheely sh1t...

TA I've no mouthwash and the oral hygiene doesn't feel complete without it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement