Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Colser wrote: »
    I lit the fire Thursday night..I would have again earlier this evening but I don't want to have to clean it out again tomorrow and it was too hot when it was lighting...is the weather fluctuating or am l?ðŸ˜

Getting near that time is it.......:D

It was window open, window closed, window open last nite, but, supposed to be warm this week, so it aint you...its the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

selous wrote: »
    Getting near that time is it.......:D

It was window open, window closed, window open last nite, but, supposed to be warm this week, so it aint you...its the weather.

Sorry to hear you were up and down all night...at the window😛 It's very TAing.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Is there no corner of social media this weekend that doesn't have people boasting about being at electric picnic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Accidentally clicking the "Responsive Site".

Shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I'm reading a historical novel which so far is interesting, only the author uses modern place names. So annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Robsweezie wrote: »
    That sounds wheely sh1t...

TA I've no mouthwash and the oral hygiene doesn't feel complete without it.

That one leaves a bad taste in your mouth ;)
    Annoyed there's no junk in the house to eat, it's Sunday night I need the comfort of a large bag of chilli doritos and a litre of coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

sleep pattern, again, woke up late, then falling asleep round 6, went up to bed, woke at 11pm. Now 0% tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Is there no corner of social media this weekend that doesn't have people boasting about being at electric picnic?

Hope they don't mind the rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I just caught a fly with my breasts. Not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

A fly- as in a buzzing fly, or a zipper fly?

TA at the morning commute traffic now that the schools are back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Does that mean you have... Killer breasts?! Ba dum dum tish :D:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

All these symbols that are appearing at the end of people's posts. I presume it's some sort of smiley business that I can't see because I haven't got some new fandangled app/device. But it looks like people are sensibly posting away and then their post involuntarily vomits up a load of symbols.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

One of the girls has been using my perfume and not put it back. I asked the eldest for some of hers and I lashed it onto me, as I'm used to mine being a very light fragrance. I'm now banging of Lacoste so much I'm feeling pukey and can feel a headache coming on :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

A booby trap! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Fellas with an angle grinder on the road outside the office and it sounds like a drill going upstairs.

Both TA in their own right. The combined affect on a Monday morning is not good. Want to go back to bed.

People not opening windows on busses. Bus full of schoolkids this morning, windows steaming up on bus, about 2 windows open upstairs. Let some air in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Going back to work after holidays. ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Getting more than TA'd about the smell of animal faeces when I open my front door every day. Most of the area outside the door is concrete except for a small square border. I got out the shovel yesterday and poured hot water and bleach.
    Walked out the door same nasty smell again today GRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Cheque books that can refuse to accept ink at a moments notice. My uncle was always fond of the saying " you never see paper to refuse ink ". Well my cheque book threw a right strop this morning. Filled out th stub and started on the cheque date and payee name but when about 4 letters into the sum it just stopped. Wrote fine when i tried on the back of a stub but oh no not on the cheque itself. After trying another pen it still wouldn't work so found a black fine tipped pen and tried again. Yes it worked but now i have a dogs dinner of a cheque written with 2 colours of ink and 2 different sizes of writing. Not the first time this has happened either. Sorry AIB but your books are ****.

When you get a curry in the work canteen and it is so bad you cannot tell if it is supposed to be Indian, Chinese or Thai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

The chargers and charging ports on phones have gone to $#/+. I have 3 chargers here and have to get the phone into a certain position for the terminals to make contact in the port. Only certain way of charging is out in the car with a lidl plug in hands free kit.
    I'm plagiarising this TA even though it's from a few days ago. Happens me all the time. In my house I keep getting blamed for sabotaging all the chargers but as foxy farmer seems like a credible expert witness I know it's not all my fault.

• Advertisement

Shint0 wrote: »
    I'm plagiarising this TA even though it's from a few days ago. Happens me all the time. In my house I keep getting blamed for sabotaging all the chargers but as foxy farmer seems like a credible expert witness I know it's not all my fault.

I am far from a credible witness, but I am with the two of ye on this. Manufacturers seem to use the cheapest of the cheap when it comes to chargers.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Shint0 wrote: »
    Winterlong wrote: »
    I am far from a credible witness, but I am with the two of ye on this. Manufacturers seem to use the cheapest of the cheap when it comes to chargers.
    :mad:

Is it the phone connector on the end of the lead that keeps breaking?

If so, try some of this:

https://sugru.com/tech-gadget

great for headphone jacks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

HS3 wrote: »
    All these symbols that are appearing at the end of people's posts. I presume it's some sort of smiley business that I can't see because I haven't got some new fandangled app/device. But it looks like people are sensibly posting away and then their post involuntarily vomits up a load of symbols.

I'm one of those TAing posters...it happens on the phone but not on laptop..I don't know how to fix it and I'm TAing myself as well as everyone else..ðŸ˜႒😊😋😄ðŸ˜ðŸ˜œðŸ˜ðŸ˜˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Major TA: I ordered a blu-ray boxset off Zavvi last Thursday and since it was only an extra €4, I decided to splurge on Tracked Delivery. About an hour after I ordered my boxset, I got a confirmation email followed a few hours later with an "Order Dispatched" one that had a link to a parcel tracker and a special code to enter.
    I waited a day, thinking it would take that long for the package to be registered with the courier.
    Nope- the parcel tracker website has no knowledge of my package.
    Cut to today, which is the date I've been given to say my package will arrive. I tried tracking it once again but no- it's as it it has vanished off the face of the Earth. :mad:
    I just want to know where my goods are! It's been 5 days already!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

McChubbin wrote: »
    Major TA: I ordered a blu-ray boxset off Zavvi last Thursday and since it was only an extra €4, I decided to splurge on Tracked Delivery. About an hour after I ordered my boxset, I got a confirmation email followed a few hours later with an "Order Dispatched" one that had a link to a parcel tracker and a special code to enter.
    I waited a day, thinking it would take that long for the package to be registered with the courier.
    Nope- the parcel tracker website has no knowledge of my package.
    Cut to today, which is the date I've been given to say my package will arrive. I tried tracking it once again but no- it's as it it has vanished off the face of the Earth. :mad:
    I just want to know where my goods are! It's been 5 days already!

To be fair, I'd count that as two days, possibly three depending on what time you ordered it Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

People who give out their phone number (in a strange way)!

Example, let's say a landline is 01-280 0080 with the '01' signifying Dublin, followed by the 'three digit' area code . . . followed by the four digit unique line number > then you have the same number on the side of a van displayed as 012 80 00 80 :-)

Other crazy variations may include 0 128 00 0 80 or 01 28 00 080.

Like what's that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Cheque books that can refuse to accept ink at a moments notice. My uncle was always fond of the saying " you never see paper to refuse ink ". Well my cheque book threw a right strop this morning. Filled out th stub and started on the cheque date and payee name but when about 4 letters into the sum it just stopped. Wrote fine when i tried on the back of a stub but oh no not on the cheque itself. After trying another pen it still wouldn't work so found a black fine tipped pen and tried again. Yes it worked but now i have a dogs dinner of a cheque written with 2 colours of ink and 2 different sizes of writing. Not the first time this has happened either. Sorry AIB but your books are ****.

TA'd that I didn't know personal cheques still existed.

And no, I'm not kidding. Genuinely thought they were done away with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

When someone creates the plural of a word that ends with s by adding 's, like virus's or cactus's.

Someone left a full brown bin out on my road a few weeks ago, no idea whose it is though. Every time the bins are collected, it moves a bit further down the road. TA that whoever owns it won't put it away, it'll probably still be there at Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Dodge wrote: »
    TA'd that I didn't know personal cheques still existed.

And no, I'm not kidding. Genuinely thought they were done away with

I wouldn't actually accept a personal cheque from someone at this stage. Just feels dodgy.

My TA today is that i work with a giant manchild who despite being ~30 years old keeps telling me stories about his embarrassingly spergy hobbies/toys even though i've shown zero interest for the past 6 months when he talks about them.

He does it to everyone, apparently. I thought i'd made a mistake in mentioning to him that i occasionally play videogames and that was why he told me these stories.

He isn't able for the job we are doing either. Constant ****-ups, forgetting keys/essential equipment, forgetting to mention important info to co-workers etc. When it happens he inevitably has a little tantrum and complains about how hard his life/day is. Everyone else just gets on with the job expect this guy.

The guy isn't able to be an adult. He has been out sick with "emotional issues" year previously and he makes damn sure everyone knows that because he uses it as an excuse/shield every time he makes a balls of even the simplest task.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

No time to post TA's all day but I have to make an exception for this: Anti makeup shaming. Fúck. Off.

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/lifestyle/style/this-makeup-selfie-has-a-powerful-message/ar-AAipAdj?li=BBr5KbJ&ocid=iehp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement